UDK? commercial?!

• Red, I believe you may have an asnwer to this….

Where on earth is Wingy?

This won’t be a real forum until he’s here, not in my eyes it won’t.

• @Blackbird:

I’m liking your attention to detail! :D

trust me, it’s not fun

Robin Hood, the Russel Crowe film?

the trailer’s about 2 mins 30seconds long.
    first time I saw that in the cinema, I spotted 4 centuries of helmet types depicted. Norman Nasal (11th C), Kettle hat (13th - 15th), Coventry Sallet (2nd half of 15th C) - and worn without a Bevor, at that. I also think I spotted a bascinet in the background, and a pembridge helm in background flash-cuts.

and that’s just helmets…. in the trailer. they’re not even my area of study…

can you imagine how much that ruins the film for me, spotting every mish-mash of time and place?

gah. gets on my tits, it does. :)

• Haha i know exactly, I noticed all those things too…… ;) haha maybe not.

However I study music and understand what you mean, I hate it when film scores use instruments that hadn’t even been invented when the film is set, i guess thats the same thing.

• @Blackbird:

Red, I believe you may have an asnwer to this….

Where on earth is Wingy?

What? You think there’s some sort of secret troll convention?

I’ve haven’t got the slightest idea of his whereabouts.

• @TheRed:

@Blackbird:

Red, I believe you may have an asnwer to this….

Where on earth is Wingy?

What? You think there’s some sort of secret troll convention?

I’ve haven’t got the slightest idea of his whereabouts.

Well, I did hope there was until you shattered my dreams!

• I’ll send you the adress in PM, if you promise not to tell anyone…

• I think we can come to some kind of arrangement, I won’t tell anyone! :twisted:

• Considering AoC’s draw to Russian gamers, and the widespread popularity of steam titles in international markets (I’ve played L4D with Japanese and Korean gamers when I lived in Japan, and they were numerous), independently developed games as distributed via digital means is a great way to reach out to said markets.

In countries where gaming culture is a relatively new phenomenon (China, etc), the public is absolutely ravenous for competitive titles. Here is where a game like Chivalry could really work its way into that niche, and blow it wide open. A well developed and well executed medieval combat title can have universal appeal, as long as the learning curve isn’t too steep (I believe this turns a lot of people off of AoC, as I’ve tried to convert many with minimal results).

• Yesh, the learning curve in AoC is quite steep, hopefully they’ll make some tutorial maps for Chivalry to sort things out.

• Interesting idea, we’ll be sure to look at it as we near release. :)

• One of the major problems that I’d see with that is the ties to Steam and the lack of control that the team will have over being able to run competitive matches with it properly integrated in-game. Not too many games heavily integrate the clan/competitive scene in with it (including full match stats, a ladder on the website, that sort of stuff). Despite not being into clanning myself, I think that a higher level of integration of that competitive stuff could be beneficial and open up some things