Ringing Noise After Head Trauma

• Add a concussive ringing noise after being hit in the head by something, let it be blunt trauma to an arrow piercing your skull (if you live anyways). Why do this Cheesus? Just to add some more realistic atmosphere to the game.

• As long as the ringing wasn’t too loud. I like the idea though so long as the ringing sfx aren’t annoying as hell to listen to. The concept of not being able to hear footsteps, clashing of swords, etc, would be cool.

I think you have to be careful not to take it too far or the pvp mechanics might suffer from slippery slops (ie. make one mistake and you’re disadvantaged to such a degree you’re more than likely going to keep getting hit, like a slippery slope, until you die) I think we can agree having people run at half speed after taking an arrow to the knee ;) wouldn’t play well.

• It is all on the thin line between real and fun. Some game developers have to make a choice between fun (less real) and boring (more real). The average gamer doesn’t understand the idea of reality in a video game. They seem to think the two should be seperate, as do many members of my clan. So you have to ask yourself, what do you lose/gain?

• The idea itself is great imho, and if it will be made well - it would make game more immersive. Also, if discussing trauma - it would be nice if all limbs would be vulnerable to such wounds. Player shot in the knee should hobble then, as the previous speaker said, and deep arm - wound will disable (or make slower) soldiers’ attack/defend ability. And i think it would be good that turning on such thing should be controlled by server, cause not anyone would to have such a feature.

• That is a great idea. The sever has like a realism option that they can turn on and off.

• The helmet hit making your hearing fuzzy for a bit I think would work well. It doesn’t have to be a core mechanic or anything, just a quick buzz that keeps you in the game. I’m picturing my archery career of plinking helmets as I type this…
    Damaged limbs hindering movement seems more like something to keep in the realm of mods. Although I do think it would be fun to play on a server with, let’s call them, ‘realistic’ settings enabled it would get annoying if that’s all that was available. If I just want to hop into a game for ten minutes I don’t want to spend it gimping around the map.

• @yush:

The idea itself is great imho, and if it will be made well - it would make game more immersive. Also, if discussing trauma - it would be nice if all limbs would be vulnerable to such wounds. Player shot in the knee should hobble then, as the previous speaker said, and deep arm - wound will disable (or make slower) soldiers’ attack/defend ability. And i think it would be good that turning on such thing should be controlled by server, cause not anyone would to have such a feature.

I’d be worried about slippery slope with these kinds of features. PvP balance > realism always.

• Yeah, Septus, You are right, that’s why i think it should be controlled by server.
    Anyway, hearing is very important feature and playing with it (remember distracting noise arrows in “Thief”? ;)) is always worth effort imho :)) thats why sergeants should move quieter than heavy cans.