Controller Support

• Will Chivalry support advanced controllers like the Track IR and other normal ones like the XBox controller and the Rumble Pad? I own a Track IR and would love to see it in more games.

Thanks

• I have nothing against, but please, don’t whine “giveeee me aimbot cuz I can’t hit shit with bow using my inferior controllers” (Crysis2) or “dumb down menus and slow them down, because I can’t use it with 6 buttons” (Skyrim)

• @CalenLoki:

I have nothing against, but please, don’t whine “giveeee me aimbot cuz I can’t hit shit with bow using my inferior controllers” (Crysis2) or “dumb down menus and slow them down, because I can’t use it with 6 buttons” (Skyrim)

+1
    Controllers only slow down combat, which isn’t what the developers want this game to be. If you don’t believe me, go try and play tribes with a controller.

• Tribes still exists? I thought it had gone the way of the real native tribes.

• go check out tribes ascend, it’s pretty bad ass

• Thats not what I’m talking about. Go look up the track IR it simulates head movement. No buttons.

• Track IR would be neat. I’ve never used it but it seems like it would be very handy in first person games like this- particularly if there is a turn speed restriction.
    In M&B:Warband I find myself using the tilde key the way one would use track IR.

• For any game that doesn’t have xController support, there are a number of programs you can use that will make the controller act like a mouse/keyboard.

Source engine has default xController support, but you’ll need to manually create your own Config.cfg, which is a major pain. UDK engine probably has default xController support, no idea how much of an issue it is to make your Input.ini or whatever.

FYI: Age of Chivalry there is a bug with the xController, where you strafe left/right faster. I lost my xController, so, I didn’t test any further.

If you need any help for the Gold Source / Source engine and using the xController, see my hotkeys menu mod:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/elements-of-w … 7-board-v8

• I really like the Track IR for FPS’s. It takes another step into indepth game play. What about those without though? A button+mouse that would do the same?