Extremely frustrated and disappointed with this game and dev

• First off let me say that I joined up during the Kickstarter campaign and thought what a small team of devs were doing was amazing.

I played from the get go and saw many changes, overall I loved the game.

The game was never perfect, there were always a ton of netcode/lag issues and even though the devs said they were fixing it for one version or another all they did was shift the issue from one thing to another… Either people were rubberbanding around everywhere (which was actually better than what it is now) or now you’re straight going through peoples heads/torso’s with no damage and getting hit 3 seconds after from out of nowhere even though you know you dodged or countered a swing.

The game is ridiculously buggie. The last patch did more bad than good. I ended up uninstalling the game out of sheer frustration on numerous servers with the lag.

I shouldn’t even mention the constant CONSTANT changes to the physics and balance.

Why on earth would you drastically change the balance/damage/ready up-down times for weapons with each patch? You’re essentially changing the very nature of the game.

Isn’t it smarter to test this with a group of people on a beta-server before releasing to the public?

The Great maul is useless, totally slow and nerfed. The one handed weapons are to a great degree now also useless (EVERYONE and I mean everyone is running around as knights or vangaurds with two handed weapons)

The Jav’s are as useless as they have always been and as buggie. It takes for EVER to ready them, they’re slow to throw and on top of that they do poor damage. This is why you never see anyone use them.

The club seems to have been nerfed, I just hit an archer 3x in his bear head with the club and he killed me.

It’s extremely frustrating to invest time into a game to have the entire thing unravel and feel like it’s getting worse.

Just my 2 cents… obviously this thread probably sounds entitled. I did however pay $50 bucks for this game and suspect many others did too.

OH, and P.S: Everyone is ALWAYS going to be complaining about one thing or another in terms of balance. You will NEVER EVER get it “perfect”. Before at least people with skill were always at the top, now it seems like a complete spammy free-for-all.

Get it about right, LEAVE IT the f alone and then tweak it VERY slowly and subtly (on beta servers) first!

• Sounds like network issues on your side. I’ve never experienced rubberbanding in this game and haven’t seen any fundamental performance changes since the patch. The only time I’ve experienced rubberbanding and missed hits like you are describing is in other games on a bad network connection or on a high ping server. More specifically, only when playing in a dorm or business network or with an older connection like DSL. You probably have some problems on your local network.

• So on the one hand people are complaining about 1h weapons being OP, and on the other we have people complaining (like on this thread) that is is too weak and everyone prefers 2h… Interesting.

This is why devs should not act on impulse because of random bitching posts on the forums.

The balance between 2h and 1h is fine right now, and as for lag issues it happens to everygame, and as far as I’m concerned you have the worst possible case. Try to make sure it isn’t your connection problem before blaming it on the game, because these issues don’t happen very often to me. It will lag sometimes just like any other game. As for bugs I haven’t really encountered any so can’t back you up there neither.

• Guys, like I said I’ve been playing this since the 1’st public version and my connection which is 150MBit hasn’t changed the only thing that has, has been the net-code.

I’m not getting rubber-banding anymore, that was back in beta… I feel that was better than what’s happening now. Maybe you aren’t noticing it now, it’s harder to notice; but now hits quite often just don’t register! your sword can go through people or you’ll die without anyone hitting your or being around you.

I also think DEV’s need to chill out on the re-balancing the entire thing constantly, it’s VERY frustrating. I say roll back balance changes to several versions ago and leave it alone.

• the game is messed up since the patch, weapon reaches are off, i kill people that are not even near me or i get killed by a weapon not even near me, servers are still showing up as full when they are empty. Weapons like the Halbert has gotten a buff, its stab is so fast you cant even defend with a longsword anymore against it. I have been playing since the beta two/three weeks before release, than it was really fun and only the maa jedi dodge annoyed me, Screw this, i am out, i had enough…

• Weapons like the Halbert has gotten a buff, its stab is so fast you cant even defend with a longsword anymore against it.

It is fast…but not unblockable. You need practice.

• I think someone has lost hes head more than once here…

• I’m sorry some of you feel the way you do, but like OP said, everyone is going to complain. It will never be perfect.

But remember, this is a small indie team who are working their butts off to give us all something to enjoy. This project is wayyy bigger than AoC ever was, and the amount of people who are now playing it has grown significantly. This game has barely been out a month. Alpha and Beta testing were going on for a long time. The devs do their best to listen to the general public, so please just be patient.

For myself, the game runs fabulous. Even with my crappy internet connection, I still get 100+ ping wherever I go and yet, I can still play just fine. Perhaps for now, take a break and see what happens. They are constantly working on all the little bugs that are showing up. It’s a never ending battle for them. I’m sure they’d like to “uninstall” when they can’t get something right too!

• Just had a couple of Rounds, and i cant complain of anything at fighting.

I did some nice kills with the Javelin and the Bow and the huge Car… i mean the 2h Hammer V3… its just like a Car hits you :D and the stabsword and the falcion or how its called. Everything was just good.

Well ok 1: I couldnt block stabs of a stabbing gayguard with the Buckler.

• @chlywly:

The Great maul is useless, totally slow and nerfed. The one handed weapons are to a great degree now also useless (EVERYONE and I mean everyone is running around as knights or vangaurds with two handed weapons)

The Jav’s are as useless as they have always been and as buggie. It takes for EVER to ready them, they’re slow to throw and on top of that they do poor damage. This is why you never see anyone use them.

The maul is actually the deadliest weapon in the game if you got a little sense of timing. It’s the one that deals the most extreme damages, there’s no reason it should be fast too.
    Javs are fine as well, I really don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.

• @chlywly:

Either people were rubberbanding around everywhere or now you’re straight going through peoples heads/torso’s with no damage and getting hit 3 seconds after from out of nowhere even though you know you dodged or countered a swing.

You’re lagging

@chlywly:

The game is ridiculously buggie. The last patch did more bad than good. I ended up uninstalling the game out of sheer frustration on numerous servers with the lag.

…You’re lagging?

@chlywly:

I shouldn’t even mention the constant CONSTANT changes to the physics and balance.

Why on earth would you drastically change the balance/damage/ready up-down times for weapons with each patch? You’re essentially changing the very nature of the game.

What? They made feinting balanced instead of a free move, some other weapons were balanced in the same patch, bows got a draw time nerf but it wasn’t actually drastic if you look at the mechanics really.

@chlywly:

Isn’t it smarter to test this with a group of people on a beta-server before releasing to the public?

they had a beta for the patch and a public beta as well.

@chlywly:

The great maul is not useless, it’s great for battles where people don’t see it coming. Every single weapon can’t be perfect for every single use.

@chlywly:

Javs currently oneshot MAA and archer, nearly oneshot a vanguard and do half a knights hp…. the reload is also significantly faster than last patch and you no longer need to switch weapons to be effective.

@chlywly:

The club seems to have been nerfed, I just hit an archer 3x in his bear head with the club and he killed me.

From the post you’re making I’d like to take the easy way out and say you suck/are lagging, but instead I’ll make a sarcastic comment about how his bear head is thicker than a normal human skull.

@chlywly:

Before at least people with skill were always at the top, now it seems like a complete spammy free-for-all.

Skill wins every time. Spamming only gets you killed faster when you’re fighting skilled players.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

Skill wins every time. Spamming only gets you killed faster when you’re fighting skilled players.

QFT

• Well im one of the fortunate people who is having zero issues. After the patch the lag seems better for me. No issues with weapon reach or anything. There are still knights running around with a sword and board doing just fine.

I do get excessively high ping sometimes but im pretty sure thats just my ISP.

• Like I said I have a 150Mbit connection and usually play on servers with 30-50 ping…

I am, lagging and so is everyone else because of the netcode; not b/c its just my connection or computer.

Oh and I’ve come in top 3 every game since I’ve played this so I def don’t suck… but I can definitely tell that right now, I get killed out of nowhere and can’t land a shot when I know I have one.

I’m not frustrated and ranting for no reason… In fact quite the opposite, because I’ve been invested since beta and seen how it’s progressed or regressed.

• I think the best part is when I told everyone and their mother don’t buy this game, it would be on sale it’s so terrible. I then had people tell me I was crazy and it wouldn’t be on sale for a while. The sad part is it isn’t their fault, consumers just need to be more careful in spending their money. This game reminds me completely of WarZ/other games that cash in on a good idea/genre. It was such a good idea done at a terrible level of production.

• I vehemently disagree.

I have over 3000+ hours in warband/CRPG, and I can honestly say, this is a good game.

If your experiencing weird hit problems its your connection. Search by ping and play only at 90 and under.

The fact is, this game is misleading, because you can shine sometimes as a sidewinding newb, and it at times seems very easy.

Its not an extremely hard game, but it DOES require some regular practice, if you want to be regularly good, even if you had some experiences where it seemed you where owning right after you got it. Its not easy, its medium skill based game.

And people, all around you are getting better. if your getting owned, go play vanguard with a one hander in ffa, or with a slow weapon, and learn the fine art of advanced parry, work on your footwork and deception, and not doing whats obvious.

Its a good game, if your having weird issues, you are playing on servers w/ too high of ping, and if your getting owned, you need practice, and/or need to be honest w/ yourself about your strongpoints, and find the class that caters to those strongpoints.

i have found, i do better, when i’m not having agood night, by pouring myself a couple stiff drinks lol - lowers my butt-hurt factor, and raises my bloodlust. try it… hehehehe

• @Ving:

I vehemently disagree.

I have over 3000+ hours in warband/CRPG, and I can honestly say, this is a good game.

If your experiencing weird hit problems its your connection. Search by ping and play only at 90 and under.

The fact is, this game is misleading, because you can shine sometimes as a sidewinding newb, and it at times seems very easy.

Its not an extremely hard game, but it DOES require some regular practice, if you want to be regularly good, even if you had some experiences where it seemed you where owning right after you got it. Its not easy, its medium skill based game.

And people, all around you are getting better. if your getting owned, go play vanguard with a one hander in ffa, or with a slow weapon, and learn the fine art of advanced parry, work on your footwork and deception, and not doing whats obvious.

Its a good game, if your having weird issues, you are playing on servers w/ too high of ping, and if your getting owned, you need practice.

Lol, it takes no practice to get good at this compared to Warband. It’s a slap in the face to even compare the difficulty in this game to warband. I haven’t played in 2 weeks, got back on and went 2.5 KDR with Knight in every match. This game is the CS of melee combat games. Feinting alone encourages terrible gameplay by turning the game into a fake-fest.

• I didnt say it was as challenging as warband/crpg.

Warband/Crpg is much harder.

You ever consider, that you probably came back and got that 2.5 kd, BECAUSE your a warband baller, smashing a bunch of steam sale newbs in the mouth? lol

But Chivalry, is deceptively harder than it first appears.

And i agree, the feinting vs parry needs some work, but I usually kill people that feint, heh.

Fact is though, warband suffers from giving away your moves through your footwork, this one has swings based on buttons, that have nothing to do with the direction your moving, so in that regard, its a step forward.

But yeah, dont get me wrong, its not nearly as challenging as warband,but its new too.

I mean, lets be fair, Warband is one of the best games ever, and personally, i dunno about you, but I played CRPG, not vanilla warband. (Well actually i had an additional 2000 hours in vanilla, but after you go crpg, you never go back, lol)

Hand a modding suite to Chadz, and I think with the better graphics, and lack of foot based swings, and youve actually got a better game, IF you fix the feinting thing.

I know exactly what your talkin about, but its not the end of the world. and to expect it to be even as good as Warband, well, would be really high praise.

• @rinaun:

This game is the CS of melee combat games…

So it’s the most competitive and skill-based by a ridiculous margin?

• @chlywly:

First off let me say that I joined up during the Kickstarter campaign and thought what a small team of devs were doing was amazing.

I played from the get go and saw many changes, overall I loved the game.

The game was never perfect, there were always a ton of netcode/lag issues and even though the devs said they were fixing it for one version or another all they did was shift the issue from one thing to another… Either people were rubberbanding around everywhere (which was actually better than what it is now) or now you’re straight going through peoples heads/torso’s with no damage and getting hit 3 seconds after from out of nowhere even though you know you dodged or countered a swing.

Anything below this looked like an opinion to me so I just briefly went over it. To this though, I must respond simply: play on a server in your region. You will not be able to play this game on a server in Saudi Arabia while living in Mexico. I mean that is just damn ridiculous to expect any game developer to bend space and time.

Those bugs you are talking about only occur on a server where you go over 120ms. It’s really that simple.