Attacks from Above!

• ….make it more intuitive! This is one of the most epic maneuvers in the game and really cool when you pull it off. However it’s really tricky, not because it takes careful aim, but it’s like character models have this invisible roof over their heads that are so easy to get stuck on. If there is a way to tone the top down collision detection, I think it would improve the situation.

I would also like to see some kind of “plunge attack” implemented. An actual animation or attack animation that makes senses. In “real life” sword fighting, having the higher ground is considered and advantage. In this game that doesn’t seem to be the case. It’s feels harder to attack someone below you in this game. Like you lose a great deal of range when you try to swing downward.

So in general I’d like to see all forums of “attacks from above” improved.

• Agreed. I had so many situations where I would have landed a devastation overhead blow when jumping down on enemies, just to bump off and get glitched somewhere else. Not a high proirity thing though.

• If you ask me it’s already a bit silly that Knights and Vanguard can jump from 10 feet above without breaking their legs.
    They should increase the fall damage by a lot and make it so only Archers and MAA can pull this off.

• @The:

If you ask me it’s already a bit silly that Knights and Vanguard can jump from 10 feet above without breaking their legs.
    They should increase the fall damage by a lot and make it so only Archers and MAA can pull this off.

I totally agree.

• I agree as well, but it’s a different issue than what OP stated. And it would really be a bitch on some maps where you have an elevated spawnpoint and you already get damaged slightly by dropping off.

With all the neat moves currently in the game I’ve always felt a useful attack when dropping down on someone is really missing in this game. You kinda expect it to be there, but you end up attacking in an odd angle and bouncing off someones head, and if the guy below is paying a bit of attention this is usually even a bad idea.

• I’ll be honest. I’ve tried this move hundreds of times simply because… LOL. It’s just fun to do, but I rarely land into an immediate kill.However, it does scare the shit out of the other guy because they usually parry spam into their demise.

• If a knight falls on your head… you should take a buttload of damage from that. Mario style 8-)

• @The:

If you ask me it’s already a bit silly that Knights and Vanguard can jump from 10 feet above without breaking their legs.

I think knights and vanguards should be able to pull it off, however it may very well be a very deathly suicide attack. in addition to that impact from falling on top of someone may slow down the fall and deliver damage to a opponent who is not blocking it.