Siege - Scaling Castle Walls with Grapples

• I would love to see a map where one team has to scale the walls of the defenders castle.

I have heard there is a Siege Tower in the works, which would be amazing.

It would also be cool if every class had a “grappling hook” as an option for a 3rd weapon (instead of throwing knives/oil pots). This would be used to make a climbable rope up the side of the castle. Once in place, anyone can climb up it. It can also be cut down by the opposing side.

Also there could be ladders that can be picked-up and carried to the walls and put up.

The defenders would have a huge advantage in this scenario, but with grapples, ladders, siege towers, and other siege weapons I think it could be doable for the attackers and a lot of fun.

• Hooks might be better as something that can be picked up near the walls, so they are limited in number rather than having the possibly of having an entire team throwing hooks at the same time

• Siege Tower or ladder would be interesting, however I am completely against the idea of a grapple.
    A Knight wearing 55 pounds of armor climbing up a rope doesn’t sound very immersive to me.

• Siege towers and throwing ladders up the walls all work well in M&B, would be great to see them included somewhere. Just make sure they are dynamic so can be pushed anywhere rather than always scripted to the same point.

• @Saruman:

Siege Tower or ladder would be interesting, however I am completely against the idea of a grapple.
    A Knight wearing 55 pounds of armor climbing up a rope doesn’t sound very immersive to me.

Maybe they could make it so only archers and MAA could scale the walls using grapples? The heavier classes will have to wait for the ram or the siege tower. They could possibly also ontroduce the option of opening the gates, so the MAA could infiltrate the castle and open the gate for the knights and vanguards.

• Men at arms makes sense, and sure archers probably could do it to but I’m not sure having archers on the front lines is what you’d want. I guess though they would be grappling to flank the enemy. And yes, the idea that they could sneak in and open gates would be great. I think the game could do with more interactive elements.