Is there some kind of Ranking System? –I'm new

• OK… so the title pretty much covers the question… but more specifically i was wondering if there’s some place where players can check like their total KDR or pretty much any of the stats we see at the end of each match? It seems like a Ranking system would be obvious with this game… but I haven’t been able to find one? Is it just in the works? Or am i just blind and can’t find it?

If there isn’t one (idk why there wouldn’t) I think there needs to be one made… like ASAP. When someone is playing a game based on skill you would want to see where you stand compared to the rest of the players.

• when someone is playing a game based on skill , statistics = SHIT

• @Keurk:

when someone is playing a game based on skill , statistics = SHIT

Why would you say that?

• I’d like to see how I’m ranked for being team killed. :stab:

• @mkisner328:

Why would you say that?

Below is the response I posted in a similar thread.

I much rather play for fun than play for stats…

You can see your K/D ratio and performance by pressing TAB during every match. Isn’t this enough to judge how you are doing?

In my opinion stat tracking does more harm than good. People stacking the winning team, people not playing the objective because they rather work on their K/D ratio and people leaving the server when getting owned to protect their stats are just a few examples.

It is also great fun when these people post on the forums. They boast about their K/D and claim their opinion is worth more than the opinion of “lesser” players.

So I actually like that Chivalry has no stat tracking. Please keep it this way.

• @mkisner328:

@Keurk:

when someone is playing a game based on skill , statistics = SHIT

Why would you say that?

because statistics are not representatives of your skills.
    I remember playing Battlefield 2 in ESL with a very good team. When i applied to join this team, they told me “no your KD isnt good enought” . I told them my K/D is low because im improving my skills practicing with friends and trying to be a good knife killer, 1h gun killer, etc. In fact, my K/D ratio playing the usual class (Medic) in clanwar was highter than most of the guys in the team.

People will judge by stats. I m not saying stats are useless, you can use it for a lot of things.
    But stats are biased when it is to evaluate your skills because skill is everything else behind the stats ,something umpossible to get under stats, your soul, your personallity

• @AgentOrange:

@mkisner328:

Why would you say that?

Below is the response I posted in a similar thread.

I much rather play for fun than play for stats…

You can see your K/D ratio and performance by pressing TAB during every match. Isn’t this enough to judge how you are doing?

In my opinion stat tracking does more harm than good. People stacking the winning team, people not playing the objective because they rather work on their K/D ratio and people leaving the server when getting owned to protect their stats are just a few examples.

It is also great fun when these people post on the forums. They boast about their K/D and claim their opinion is worth more than the opinion of “lesser” players.

So I actually like that Chivalry has no stat tracking. Please keep it this way.

Well if your worried about people only playing to raise their stats (ignoring objectives and such) then first make Multiple stats… not just based off of KDr. Then make it so that if your team LOSES the match your stats are not updated. And as for people leaving because they get owned… GOOD I wouldn’t want in a game full of people that don’t stand a chance against me… I will take an opponent that has me on the edge of my seat over an easy kill any day.

It is also possible to play in NON ranked games… so if you win or lose you don’t have to worry about any stats. They would need to track “ranked games played” and “non ranked games played”. This way if you see someone who has a shitty rank but they have only 5 ranked games out of a total 150 played then you shouldn’t judge that person by their stats.

The main reason why I would want a ranking system isn’t to just Gloat about how my stats are better (i highly doubt they would be) but to give me something to work for. Right now this game has no goals above unlocking weapons and that’s not going to last long at all.

• devs will add ranking system in future

• K/D has never been a good indicator of skill or performance for anything other than deathmatch style games. There are roles and play styles that are very effective for team based purposes where you will almost certainly die a lot without getting many kills.

For example, if you’re playing CTF as a flag runner you may die a lot and never kill anyone, but still play a crucial role in winning the match. In this game, if you can draw the attention of 3, 4, or even 5 opponents and keep them distracted by running, parrying, dodging, and generally harassing them you can create a major diversion that lets the rest of your team pursue the objective with the opposing team essentially down 3-5 players. You may die a lot doing this, but it is still crucial to winning a match, and killing the opponent may mean they wander back into the main fight.

In general, K/D is good if you’re a DM player, terrible indicator for any other team or objective based game. Any CTF or team objective clan or guild that cares about K/D is, by default, already worthless.

As an historical aside from an old timer, early competitive FPS including Quake and Quake 2 never tracked deaths at all. The first time I remember seeing Deaths tracked was in Halflife, and that kinda kicked off the whole spergfest over K/D that we’ve been seeing the last 12 or so years in games. I’ve always thought it was a pretty worthless stat, even though my own stats are generally good. If you need a spreadsheet to figure out if you’re good or not you should probably just call it a day and go into accounting.

• I think personal statistics would be a good addition to the current ranking system. I’ve never felt cheated by stats, they help me track my own progress, and they assist clan recruiters in finding specific types of players. They create stress, but they also provide critical motivation to improve.

• I like stats. I really miss the class based stats that AoC had. Before they were implemented, I always thought I played every class; then class based stats came along and I saw about 70% of my playtime was split between Sergeant and Javelineer, and I played crossbow/knight/heavy knight less than an hour each out of over 100 hours of playtime, which was eye-opening and made me try and play the other classes more (of course even now my Serg/Jav time is way higher than the rest)

Here’s my “highlights” now for AoC (not very impressive because I don’t have over 1,000 hours clocked like a lot of people I know)

Most Points:127 (as Guardsman)
    Most Kills:27 (as Javelineer)
    Most Assists:8 (as Longbowman)
    Most Damage:9,833 (as Heavy Knight)
    Longest Life:22m 11s (as Knight)
    Most Decaps:3 (as Crusader)
    Most Headshots:9 (as Longbowman)
    Most Head Explodies:5 (as Sergeant)
    Most Defenses:11 (as Sergeant)
    Most Captures:17 (as Javelineer)

I’d love stats like these in Chivalry. It doesn’t even have to show KDR anywhere. I just want to know my strengths and weaknesses on a class/weapon basis.

Also as a side note, my longest life as Heavy Knight was 6.4 minutes, with that max 9,833 damage dealt meaning despite Heavy Knight being my least played class, I achieved over 1,500 damage per minute with him in one life - and yet somehow Javelineer is my most kills in one life at 27 (2,700 damage). I have no idea how that’s possible.

• @mkisner328:

Right now this game has no goals above unlocking weapons and that’s not going to last long at all.

God forbid we play games for fun anymore. Why does it always have to be unlocking crap, getting achievements and improving stats. Not only do people happily follow the carrot hanging from the stick they even ask for it to be added to the few games that don’t use it as their business model.

• I would much rather see development efforts placed into other areas of the game rather than any sort of stat tracking.

There are other avenues than can be pursued to gather information on your playstyle, what classes your bad at, which game modes you play the most…… It’s called playing the game

• How is the current ranking system calculated anyways?

• Stat-tracking is both a positive and negative addition to any game. They allow the player to view their current progress, compare their strengths with friends and add a certain level of competition to the game. On the other hand, people take these much too seriously and either farm for certain stats (which can easily ruin a game for other players, especially in objective gametypes), become discouraged if they are doing poorly and feel less inclined to actually put an effort into their gaming and those that would your stats against you - whether it be to insult or to single you out. The ratio of people whom would praise you for the stats you worked hard to achieve is practically nil compared to those who would just use it as fodder for their loser personalities.

In the end, I feel the negative out-weighs the positive but that is solely because of the people who would make it feel that way. Logically speaking, it’s a great idea and should be implemented. When coming from a player’s point of view (who has played a great deal of games and dealt with many different kinds of people), it should be thrown in the trash with the people who would abuse it.

• @StiffWood:

How is the current ranking system calculated anyways?

200 “experience” for kills, 100 for assists, and higher ranks require an indeterminate amount more experience than previous ranks. I can’t recall seeing anyone over 40 since the change to rank calculation, it really starts to slow down when you get that high.

• been stuck at rank31 for awhile now.
    sure would love stats, i would have likea 3.5k/d

• @SlyGoat:

@StiffWood:

200 “experience” for kills, 100 for assists, and higher ranks require an indeterminate amount more experience than previous ranks. I can’t recall seeing anyone over 40 since the change to rank calculation, it really starts to slow down when you get that high.

Wait. It can decrease right? My friend had 19 and after patch he had 17.

• @StiffWood:

@SlyGoat:

@StiffWood:

Wait. It can decrease right? My friend had 19 and after patch he had 17.

Wouldn’t that be because the ranks took more exp to get to? If you think of it as a total experience pool rather than a certain amount per rank, then it makes sense that he’d be taken back a couple if the devs deemed it should be a larger total to get to that original number.