Archery needs a drastic overhaul

• It is far to easy to hit targets at far distances with range weapons. There is no tension ranged shaking, no breathing or heartbeat deviation. Moreover because of the small size of the maps people can snipe half way across it. The range and gravity should be a much bigger factor. Also, wtf a dagger blocks the hit from a 80lbs hammer flying at you. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?..… What do you get? Head shots galor and some archer that can brawl better than men with shields and swords.

Solutions: Accuracy has to be greatly effected by gravity and tension and be server and client side to prevent hacking. Dagger can block an attack but the amount of damage you block takes out your stamina, and WHEN YOU HAVE NO STAMINA YOU CANNOT BLOCK. HELL, if your exausted then you should not be able to swing a sword or do anything but suck eggs and try to recouperate. This makes people to not be able to swing like crazy and bock with no stamina. Oh, then people would actually have to think about there stamina…what and idea…Shooting and holding bow strings should spend stamina, and cranking a crossbow should take longer and drain stamina fully so people can just crank, fire, crank, fire, crank fire and mow down melee with impunity.

Look, there has to be a reason for people to protect archers and these changes would make it. Archers cant just be legolas on stairoids. These guys are just dudes that know how to use there weapons well, but are not superheros. Besides every thing i have posted, if done with server and client side accuracy agreement, will make hacking for archers extremely hard going forward.

• no.
    I’m tired with reasons sorry.

*edit: before creating troll thread, check one of the 1000000000 other threads about archery or any other OP / UP stuff. Thanks.

• troll thanks for bump

Edit: If only this game was that popular for your grandiose exaggerations to be accurate. :P

• It’s pretty obvious that you haven’t played as an archer much, and you don’t understand just how difficult the class is right now. Not gonna say much more than that; I don’t like fighting opinion vs opinion on forums.

• @xevier77:

It is far to easy to hit targets at far distances with range weapons. There is no tension ranged shaking, no breathing or heartbeat deviation. Moreover because of the small size of the maps people can snipe half way across it. The range and gravity should be a much bigger factor. Also, wtf a dagger blocks the hit from a 80lbs hammer flying at you. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?..… What do you get? Head shots galor and some archer that can brawl better than men with shields and swords.

Solutions: Accuracy has to be greatly effected by gravity and tension and be server and client side to prevent hacking. Dagger can block an attack but the amount of damage you block takes out your stamina, and WHEN YOU HAVE NO STAMINA YOU CANNOT BLOCK. HELL, if your exausted then you should not be able to swing a sword or do anything but suck eggs and try to recouperate. This makes people to not be able to swing like crazy and bock with no stamina. Oh, then people would actually have to think about there stamina…what and idea…Shooting and holding bow strings should spend stamina, and cranking a crossbow should take longer and drain stamina fully so people can just crank, fire, crank, fire, crank fire and mow down melee with impunity.

Look, there has to be a reason for people to protect archers and these changes would make it. Archers cant just be legolas on stairoids. These guys are just dudes that know how to use there weapons well, but are not superheros. Besides every thing i have posted, if done with server and client side accuracy agreement, will make hacking for archers extremely hard going forward.

Use a shield. Make archers largely irrelevant.

• @RushSecond:

It’s pretty obvious that you haven’t played as an archer much, and you don’t understand just how difficult the class is right now. Not gonna say much more than that; I don’t like fighting opinion vs opinion on forums.

I will concede to you that i have not played archer as much as others, but I have seen 4 archers kill a wave of 10 guys running in on them with shields. Mind, you the guys with shields died before they got there……Guess shields need an overhaul too. I, always see archers blowing up the charts and the only ones that die are usually either the “questionable” ones and the guys that can brawl like crazy.

• @acrh2:

@xevier77:

It is far to easy to hit targets at far distances with range weapons. There is no tension ranged shaking, no breathing or heartbeat deviation. Moreover because of the small size of the maps people can snipe half way across it. The range and gravity should be a much bigger factor. Also, wtf a dagger blocks the hit from a 80lbs hammer flying at you. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?..… What do you get? Head shots galor and some archer that can brawl better than men with shields and swords.

Use a shield. Make archers largely irrelevant.

You sir have never been sniped through your shield than man. I have actually seen better coverage against team mates flailing about for a tower shield. Than for archers.

• @xevier77:

I will concede to you that i have not played archer as much as others, but I have seen 4 archers kill a wave of 10 guys running in on them with shields. Mind, you the guys with shields died before they got there……Guess shields need an overhaul too. I, always see archers blowing up the charts and the only ones that die are usually either the “questionable” ones and the guys that can brawl like crazy.

Do you play on EU servers? Because on all the NA servers I play on, Archers very rarely ever top the leaderboards. And I am rarely killed when using my shield and rushing an archer. Play the archer for 10 games and see how difficult it actually is.

• @ChuckingIt:

@xevier77:

Do you play on EU servers? Because on all the NA servers I play on, Archers very rarely ever top the leaderboards. And I am rarely killed when using my shield and rushing an archer. Play the archer for 10 games and see how difficult it actually is.

I am not sure which servers I am on, but there on the server list and I see them toping charts quite often. 2 games ago I saw top 5 were all archers.

• @xevier77:

I am not sure which servers I am on, but there on the server list and I see them toping charts quite often. 2 games ago I saw top 5 were all archers.

Was this a clan server? I know sometimes my clan messes around with archers from time to time, but we mostly go archer melee to have fun with it since most of us are terrible archers(except for our dedicated archers). Point is, try it out and see how OP it is.

• @xevier77:

Haven’t seen this in 100h+ where the hell are you playing?

• @Escadin:

@xevier77:

Haven’t seen this in 100h+ where the hell are you playing?

ALERT ALERT FAN BOY TROLL DISREGARD ALL POSTS

• Ok this topic is going nowhere. Locked.