Graphical artifacts only while playing Chivalry

• Hi all,

I’m not sure what is causing this, I have dual Radeon 7950’s in crossfire and with crossfire enabled I start getting graphical artifacts (not stretched textures or anything, it’s like colourful shapes flashing that appear randomly, like you’d expect if your graphics card is dying - also the ui flickers as well. The problem is solved by disabling crossfire but if I do that my FPS occasionally drops with my gfx settings maxed out and I don’t want that. My graphics cards are fine (no issue with other games) and run at low temps while playing the game. I have the latest drivers from the official website. 12.10 CAP 1. (Had the same issue with the drivers prior to that release as well).

Has anyone else experienced / managed to fix this issue?

Thanks

• A couple people have mentioned issues while running CrossFire/SLI on the forums. I think that it is a low priority for the devs at the moment though (it affects a very small population). There are only 2 programmers on the team to my knowledge…

• Okay thanks, as long as I’m not alone. To be honest I can put up with it until they fix it… Having too much fun to care about little graphical glitches every now and then.

• @nomaq:

Okay thanks, as long as I’m not alone. To be honest I can put up with it until they fix it… Having too much fun to care about little graphical glitches every now and then.

Good to hear. Nothing should stand in the way of the killings :k1:

• Necro-threading. I too have this problem but it only effects me when I OC my GPU. It doesn’t do it in any other games or on Kombuster or Unigine benchmark software. Only this game artifacts with that black/white triangle break.

• @NinjaSushi2:

Necro-threading. I too have this problem but it only effects me when I OC my GPU. It doesn’t do it in any other games or on Kombuster or Unigine benchmark software. Only this game artifacts with that black/white triangle break.

That’s a good sign to A. Leave it at stock for this game, or B. up that voltage. What may be stable in 99% of games, only to be proven unstable in one game, proves the unstability of an OC all it’s own. I had a similar case with only BF3 back in the day. I just bind a stock profile and an OC’d profile as hotkeys on my keyboard and switch between them depending on the game using Afterburner.