Graphics and Pricing

• Unfortunately the market for games is changing very fast.
    There are many new non-targeting games that are now free-to-play and have amazing graphics among other things.
    With the current graphics that were demonstrated for Chivalry in the video and screen shots…I’m afraid that chivalry won’t be able to compete because of the graphics is my only concern.
    I have played AoC for years now and I love the game. It is immensely fun and rewarding.
    However, I’m not sure I would pay for a game in 2010 with 2003 graphics.
    I would suggest that if the developers are really serious about making this kind of game, then they go all out with a new engine and make this game as beautiful as it will be fun to play.
    There is a big market for this. Games like mount and blade and mortal online, just don’t have the fun combat system even that AoC has. To put plainly, the combat systems in these existing first-person hack-and-slash games are just rubbish.
    I’d love to see Chivalry florish, and to conclude, I don’t think it will unless the graphics are improved upon.
    -Aren

• UDK maybe? :roll:

• Hurrr….Durr…
    The screenshots are splendid imo,

Mount&Blade has shown that you don’t need CryTek graphics to be a succesful commercial game ;P

• For an indie title the graphics are amazing…
    But clearly you don’t seem to know much about indie games and the people who play them…
    The graphics won’t decide if the game will be good or not, the gameplay will.

And how does this look a 2003 game, clearly you don’t know anything about games…
    If you wanna see a game that does look like a 2003 title then check out Iron Grip: Warlord and that game is quite popular as well as fun to play…
    You can’t expect next-gen graphics from a small indie developer and I don’t think any other players are, especially considering that the price will probably be less than half the price of a AAA title…

• I’ll be honest I bought M&B:Warband. Honestly I don’t think the graphics are amazing and the gameplay I don’t think is anything amazing. From having played AoC and having seen the screenshots of the current work (not even finished screen shots mind you) I’m very impressed with the detail and look of the game. I can just see this game looking awesome and playing awesome. And right now this game even though not released is more appealing to me than M&B:Warband. I’d rather spend time on the forums and looking at great screenshots from the project then play Warband…and I know that warband has sold pretty well, so I can only hope that Chivalry Battle for Agatha will do well

• I never said Warband, did I?

The singleplayer is awesome, and it’s an indie fps(lasher) :)

• There’ no way this is 2003 graphics, this is better than Counter-Strike: Source which was updated graphics of the original Counter-Strike 1.6 which came out in 2003. So obviously your wrong right there already. Also games don’t sell based on the graphics, it may help to have better graphics, but it really depends on the game itself.

Also, why do so many people here bash M&B? I bought the game in it’s early beta stages, and I’ve continued playing it since, and Warband has only improved on it. It’s a great indie game, sure it may not have the AAA graphics that Aren expects out of every game in this present time, but the combat in it was great, plus there’s so much you can do as far as mods go, being that it’s pretty much open-source.

• 1. Videos were work in progress shots, used to stir up some hype.
    2. Don’t like the art style, don’t buy CBA.

• what’s wrong with the graphics? make sure you’re looking at the chivalry game’s screenshots and not the age of chivalry mod screenshots.

• I think there is no problem related to graphics, price and video.
    It is perfect so why do you want to change it?
    It is the best!

• I’m sorry but when you can lob off peoples heads and jump off helm’s deep Gimly style and cleave groups of people you don’t need jaw dropping graphics.

What a lot of people fail to realize in these high detail games is that is pretty much all you get the majority of the time. You may as well go and watch the game trailers for the high graphic games if all you want is something pretty to look at because it’s pretty much all the same.

• @loire:

I’m sorry but when you can lob off peoples heads and jump off helm’s deep Gimly style and cleave groups of people you don’t need jaw dropping graphics.

What a lot of people fail to realize in these high detail games is that is pretty much all you get the majority of the time. You may as well go and watch the game trailers for the high graphic games if all you want is something pretty to look at because it’s pretty much all the same.

Well said.

• I would pay $20 for an Oblivion graphics equivalent Multiplayer game. Wich, I saw Oblivion graphics in the Teaser trailer or w/e. So I’m happy. I will definitely pay $20 or $30 for this game! Even with the Pre-Alpha graphics you have now!