What is it with the thrusting dagger?

• As I had already figured a long time ago, thrusting daggers overhead attack appears to be pointless.
    Check out Martin’s work: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ami8d_HZmYHsdDRzc1Byb3ItVWNXSFR1SURHN29TZnc#gid=1

What’s the point of an overhead attack that does the same low damage as slash but is harder to hit with / slower?
    I’m just curious why they decided to have it this way, because I really like it’s overhead attack animation… it looks special, but it is a noob trap. I think no weapon should punish overhead attacks.
    Also a weapon that’s only purpose is combostabbing is kind of lame…

• That’s actually my favorite secondary weapon. Reminds me of Roberto from Futurama.
    "Now stand back, i gotta practice my stabbin’ ".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj2dmQruJXs

Works like a charm against overconfident Knights.

• I don’t know. That dagger is trouble anyway, I always catch it going through my kitchen at night. 8-)

• The daggers are using pre-release stats atm; the animations were updated after but the stats never were. It’s about time they were updated, along with every other weapon/stat related bug that’s listed in the bug section.

• To clarify just a bit, I believe what Martin means is that daggers used to use a downward slash animation, and now use the downward stab animation. Because daggers are stabbing weapons, the former should do little damage and the latter should do a lot, but that’s obviously not yet the case.

On the bright side, because downward attacks deal cutting damage instead of piercing damage as they should, you can decapitate people with them. What I mean is: you can stab people in the neck and their head will pop off. It’s pretty funny, even though it’s completely impractical. :)

• @Rognik:

On the bright side, because downward attacks deal cutting damage instead of piercing damage as they should, you can decapitate people with them. What I mean is: you can stab people in the neck and their head will pop off. It’s pretty funny, even though it’s completely impractical. :)

yeah it always looks funny ^^