Suggestion: Archers

• What do you think about giving archers something like if they shoot someone that person they shot is slowed and wont move as quick because of the arrow wound?

• Given how fast people die, and how hard it already is to defend yourself and stay alive, being shot once by this arrow would immediately doom the player. He’s just a sitting duck and will be chopped/shot within seconds.

If a guy is out in the open running for an objective, why even bother slowing him down? An archer can kill every class in 1-3 shots. If you can hit him, just kill him.

• Being hit with an arrow flinches you and takes you out of sprint. That’s a 50% slowdown right there.

• fire arrows…

• @SlyGoat:

Being hit with an arrow flinches you and takes you out of sprint. That’s a 50% slowdown right there.

Exactly. “The more that hit you, the more that will”. This is what makes the Arrow to the knee shots so good. It may not kill them, but the next few arrows (usually from fellow archers) will be on target.

• Not to shoot you down (hah) but it’s already fairly easy, in theory, to kill someone as an archer. Hitting them is an entirely different story.

Somewhat unrelated; can we please introduce an option for archers to half and 75% draw their bows and hold it this way? This means different ranges, the ability to arc arrows down on enemies, etc. More strategies other than “I hope this guy ends up backing into a wall soon.” Yes, I suck at archer.

When archers quickly fire their weapons, do they fire at full draw or partial draw? Think about it; if you full draw your arrows every single time, you are going to fire slower, but have more power. Partial draws have the opposite effect.

I haven’t really paid attention as an archer, but when I think of good archer mechanics, I think of some Zelda games; you can fire off a bunch of arrows quickly, but they won’t go as far/as powerfully, and the longer you hold the fire button down, the more firepower you have.

I probably made this sound more complicated than I needed to.

• Could we also introduce the exact same mechanics for other ranged and thrown weapons?

Maybe an underhand throw option for thrown weapons, and even a throw key. That is an FPS-like factor that I actually don’t mind.

• idk man, i dont see any slow happening in game, when i do hit a target they just continue to run at me and its GG most of the time.

• @showershark:

idk man, i dont see any slow happening in game, when i do hit a target they just continue to run at me and its GG most of the time.

Try shooting someone at long range perpendicularly, it’s more noticable than from a front view. That said, if you’re shooting from the front they may be too close for a second shot, so just pull out your secondary and stab em in the neck.