Chivalry - Router Crashing

• Every time I play on the desert map, whatever its called, everyone freezes up, I can walk around a bit, I rubberband across the map and/or get killed, it locks up again, then I get booted to the main menu. My router crashes, and after 2-5 minutes I get internet back.

So far Chivalry is the only game that has done this, and Im almost positive it isnt my router because I have hosted ARMA 2 servers on it, which is far heavier network load than this game. For the record, its a Linksys cable modem with the latest firmware, and I have not had this issue prior to playing chivalry.

Im starting to regret buying kickstarter games :(

• @Wigglefingers:

Every time I play on the desert map, whatever its called, everyone freezes up, I can walk around a bit, I rubberband across the map and/or get killed, it locks up again, then I get booted to the main menu. My router crashes, and after 2-5 minutes I get internet back.

So far Chivalry is the only game that has done this, and Im almost positive it isnt my router because I have hosted ARMA 2 servers on it, which is far heavier network load than this game. For the record, its a Linksys cable modem with the latest firmware, and I have not had this issue prior to playing chivalry.

Im starting to regret buying kickstarter games :(

Your router is getting overloaded with query packets. See this thread and the link to the Steam forums inside of it for a possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4912&hilit=internet+stops+working

• Your router is getting overloaded with query packets. See this thread and the link to the Steam forums inside of it for a possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4912&hilit=internet+stops+working

I adjusted the steam settings, but im not going to bother doing registry work unless I KNOW its my router. Besides, this seems irrelevant because i have no issues with the server browser, its only in game.

• @Wigglefingers:

Your router is getting overloaded with query packets. See this thread and the link to the Steam forums inside of it for a possible solution: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4912&hilit=internet+stops+working

I adjusted the steam settings, but im not going to bother doing registry work unless I KNOW its my router. Besides, this seems irrelevant because i have no issues with the server browser, its only in game.

Well the linked thread is related to the game killing your internet. I’m not sure why only 1 map would kill your internet though and not the others… :?

• @ReMixx:

Well the linked thread is related to the game killing your internet. I’m not sure why only 1 map would kill your internet though and not the others… :?

Thats what confuses me. Its the second time it happened. I’ll give the reg edit a go and see what happens, but Im not going to sink $50 on a new router for a game that clogs the network like a fat mans artery…I really hope they fix the netcode.

EDIT: GREAT, now that fix completely botched the server list, cant see anything…

• Delete the registry key that you added then…?

• @ReMixx:

Delete the registry key that you added then…?

Deleted registry key, back to square one, still crashing router every few games. Happened on another map last night, so its not only that map.

After working for a bit, canceling entering a game made the server list die, cant see any servers anymore. Im about ready to give up. this game is definitely having Fallout 3 tier launch with gamebreaking bugs

• What router do you have? Does it have the latest firmware?