[SOLVED] Unable to connect to any server "Please wait while

• I just purchased the game and have not yet been able to connect to any server. I am able to create my own games, and am able to enter and play in all parts of the tutorial, but if I try to connect to any server it simply says “Please wait while the game loads” for about 5 minutes then stops trying and says the “Your connection to the host has been lost.” I am able to see all servers just fine in the server browser.

I have read all the other threads in this forum and other sites regarding this issue. Most people seem to have been unable to get it resolved.

-I tried deleting Suppress=DevNet and Suppress=DevOnline.
    -Fully disabled my anti-virus and firewall.
    -Verified game cache.
    -Entered the Steam beta.
    -Restarted Steam, restarted the game, and restarted my computer multiple times.
    -Tried connecting to servers directly via “open” in the console.

Nothing.

I can play all other Steam games online without any issues, plus other online games in general. I am on a university network and can’t put my router in DMZ mode or anything, unfortunately.

I viewed my attempts at connecting to servers directly in a network sniffer (Wireshark). In each instance my IP keeps sending UDP datagrams repeatedly, never with any response from the remote server, until it finally gives up. So no response is given by any of the servers. When connecting via Steam, I am unable to pinpoint exactly which stream is the connection one, but there seems to be lots of back and forth UDP traffic on port 27017 (within the Steam port range).

Launch.log doesn’t give anything particularly helpful, it just says things like:

Log: Pending connect to '50.97.34.100:9887/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.
    Log: Pending connect to 'steam.90085627623908353/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.
    Log: Pending connect to 'steam.90085627625686018/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.

So whether connecting via Steam or directly via IP, the connection fails.

Again, only Chivalry does this. Does anyone have any advice?

• @Anorov:

I just purchased the game and have not yet been able to connect to any server. I am able to create my own games, and am able to enter and play in all parts of the tutorial, but if I try to connect to any server it simply says “Please wait while the game loads” for about 5 minutes then stops trying and says the “Your connection to the host has been lost.” I am able to see all servers just fine in the server browser.

I have read all the other threads in this forum and other sites regarding this issue. Most people seem to have been unable to get it resolved.

-I tried deleting Suppress=DevNet and Suppress=DevOnline.
    -Fully disabled my anti-virus and firewall.
    -Verified game cache.
    -Entered the Steam beta.
    -Restarted Steam, restarted the game, and restarted my computer multiple times.
    -Tried connecting to servers directly via “open” in the console.

Nothing.

I can play all other Steam games online without any issues, plus other online games in general. I am on a university network and can’t put my router in DMZ mode or anything, unfortunately.

I viewed my attempts at connecting to servers directly in a network sniffer (Wireshark). In each instance my IP keeps sending UDP datagrams repeatedly, never with any response from the remote server, until it finally gives up. So no response is given by any of the servers. When connecting via Steam, I am unable to pinpoint exactly which stream is the connection one, but there seems to be lots of back and forth UDP traffic on port 27017 (within the Steam port range).

Launch.log doesn’t give anything particularly helpful, it just says things like:

Log: Pending connect to '50.97.34.100:9887/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.
    Log: Pending connect to 'steam.90085627623908353/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.
    Log: Pending connect to 'steam.90085627625686018/AOC-UDKFrontEndMap?Name=Player?Team=255' failed; Your connection to the host has been lost.

So whether connecting via Steam or directly via IP, the connection fails.

Again, only Chivalry does this. Does anyone have any advice?

Have you tried to connect manually to one of the Vanquish servers?

Vanquish Servers:
    Vanquish - Saturday Knight Fever (Dallas) 32 slot [69.162.113.86:7777]
    Vanquish Thy Foes! TO & TD (Chicago) 24 slot [74.91.125.196:6000]
    Vanquish - Duel Server (Chicago) 12 slot [74.91.124.229:6000]

Anything in the 2700+ port range is for querying the servers for their information. Thinking to myself, I wonder if your university is dumping the packets because of so many trying to come in…

What does your Steam settings look like under this tab?

[attachment=0:bxtvyu6q]steamsettings.png[/attachment:bxtvyu6q]

• @ReMixx:

Vanquish Servers:
    Vanquish - Saturday Knight Fever (Dallas) 32 slot [69.162.113.86:7777]
    Vanquish Thy Foes! TO & TD (Chicago) 24 slot [74.91.125.196:6000]
    Vanquish - Duel Server (Chicago) 12 slot [74.91.124.229:6000]

Yes. None work. Just sits there at the console doing nothing.

@ReMixx:

Anything in the 2700+ port range is for querying the servers for their information. Thinking to myself, I wonder if your university is dumping the packets because of so many trying to come in…

Unlikely. It seems to handle heavy amounts of traffic to other games/applications just fine. It could be a port forwarding issue, though.

@ReMixx:

[attachment=0:2s4y1tpf]steamsettings.png[/attachment:2s4y1tpf]

Identical to that except Cable/Fiber and game server browser max pings is set at 5000.

• @Anorov:

Unlikely. It seems to handle heavy amounts of traffic to other games/applications just fine. It could be a port forwarding issue, though.

I’m guessing that you don’t have any control over that port forwarding… I know back when I was in college, I had to specifically request for them not to use their firewall on my dorm’s landline (when I registered for the on-campus internet). I don’t think their firewall would have blocked something like this, but I needed it to host my own server ;)

@Anorov:

@ReMixx:

[attachment=0:2zasmtpr]steamsettings.png[/attachment:2zasmtpr]

Identical to that except Cable/Fiber and game server browser max pings is set at 5000.

Try lowering the browser max pings down to 1000 or lower. Just for kicks and giggles (if it doesn’t work, raise it back up to 5000).

• @ReMixx:

@Anorov:

I’m guessing that you don’t have any control over that port forwarding… I know back when I was in college, I had to specifically request for them not to use their firewall on my dorm’s landline (when I registered for the on-campus internet). I don’t think their firewall would have blocked something like this, but I needed it to host my own server ;)

@Anorov:

@ReMixx:

[attachment=0:1ynlw2zw]steamsettings.png[/attachment:1ynlw2zw]

Try lowering the browser max pings down to 1000 or lower. Just for kicks and giggles (if it doesn’t work, raise it back up to 5000).

Nothing.

Thanks for the help, I’ll just have to remember to play Chivalry once I move out from my college housing and hope it works then.

• I’m having the same issue. Home connection, no issues with other games.
    Connecting to servers worked perfectly fine before the patch came along about a week ago. Since the patch hit, 95% of server connection attempts fail in this manner.
    The ones I do manage to connect to after a billion attempts naturally turn out to have one or two guys on them. I was loving chivalry but trying to play it has become torture at this point.

Just for clarity I repeat: it was fine before the patch, and the server browser overhaul that came with it.

• This just happened to me recently was playing fine this morning then boom, every server I try and join I just get stuck at the game is now loading screen and it never loads.

• Anyway that you can contact your university’s IT department and ask if they are dropping UDP packets on those ports?

• Same problem here - since today i can’t connect to any server. Tried about 20 different from small to big, just doesn’t work anymore. Please fix! Thank you.

• @—Leech—:

Same problem here - since today i can’t connect to any server. Tried about 20 different from small to big, just doesn’t work anymore. Please fix! Thank you.

Are you at a university? Are you using a router?

• Thank you for the fast reply. No, I’m not at an university. Yes, i’m using a router. Everything else Network wise are looking ok (as far i can say) eg. other games like TF2 are working fine.

• @—Leech—:

Thank you for the fast reply. No, I’m not at an university. Yes, i’m using a router. Everything else Network wise are looking ok (as far i can say) eg. other games like TF2 are working fine.

First, try rebooting the router for a sanity check. Then…

Can you set DMZ mode to your computer in your router settings and disable any options to filter or block packets? If it doesn’t work…

Try plugging your computer directly into your modem, bypassing the router?

• @ReMixx:

Anyway that you can contact your university’s IT department and ask if they are dropping UDP packets on those ports?

I could, though it seems Chivalry servers often run on a wide range of ports. I’d basically have to ask for some kind of total firewall exemption.

I’ll give it a shot though.

• Set up DMZ, restarted router and disabled firewall and nothing the fact that it just started happening today makes me think it might be something game related as every other thing I use that requires internet works fine.

• @Anorov:

@ReMixx:

Anyway that you can contact your university’s IT department and ask if they are dropping UDP packets on those ports?

I could, though it seems Chivalry servers often run on a wide range of ports. I’d basically have to ask for some kind of total firewall exemption.

I’ll give it a shot though.

Well, one packet capture that I have shows that I was connected to a game server on port 55554 on my machine. I’m not sure if it will always use that port or pick one from a range… But go ahead and explain your situation to them and ask if they have any ideas and casually ask if they might be dropping UDP packets (maybe if they detect a flood of them or something?).

• Just wanted to update to say I got it fixed. I emailed a network admin at my university and he was able to remove the firewall for my connection. After that I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

• @Anorov:

Just wanted to update to say I got it fixed. I emailed a network admin at my university and he was able to remove the firewall for my connection. After that I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

Ha ha! Awesome! I knew they were doing something nefarious behind the scenes 8-)

YAY! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1: