How do you deal with Ragers/Whiners/Complainers?

• As the title states, how do you deal with Ragers, whiners and complainers in Chivalry?

Do you tell them to shut up/calm down? Do you seek them out and kill them again and again just to make them angrier? Do you vote to kick them? Do you ignore them plain and simple?

I am a rager at heart - I get so angry and competitive when gaming that I feel the need to shout at people and tell them just what I think of them and their play-styles. It often leads to people ganging-up on me both in chat and in game, making me ever angrier and only fuelling my fires!

What about you guys?

Oh and a quick side question to the guys out there; if the person who was doing this was actually female, would you be nicer to them when you react?

• Never read the chat. That’s my solution and it works really well! Female, male, tranny… doesn’t make any difference if I never see what they type.

• Normally, I’d ignore them if it’s core game related…
    As for personal citique on me: I think I can say for myself that I play fair. I’m playing knight and when there is a chance to duel my opponent I’ll do it. My opponent normally know why he lost to me ;P

I would however react if I’m verbally attacked.

@Emerald:

Oh and a quick side question to the guys out there; if the person who was doing this was actually female, would you be nicer to them when you react?

Certainly, but who knows if she’s female? I can’t tell by the username and the chance is quite small.

• I am a rager who rants at people for being helicopters a lot of the time or if there’s excessive archers making the gameplay lamesauce for people wanting good melee fights and not dodging pot shots.

I deal with people in general by telling them to play in traffic or drink bleach. :)

I like to also rage about sissies using tower shields and stupid warhammers being OP for a 1h weapon!!

2h or bust, girl scouts!

• @Emerald:

I get so angry and competitive when gaming that I feel the need to shout at people and tell them just what I think of them and their play-styles.

You’re an angry child who should have their internet privileges take away.
    YOU are whats wrong with the internet.

• @Lord:

@Emerald The Monster:

I get so angry and competitive when gaming that I feel the need to shout at people and tell them just what I think of them and their play-styles.

I’m the same way and I think you should drink bleach and play in traffic. :) Emerald The Monster has every right to rage at people for any reason… The internet isn’t just for you “happy” people :P

• @Lord:

@Emerald The Monster:

So I guess you’re the type of person to argue with the rager. thanks for the info! You might want to try and keep on topic next time, though.

• @Emerald:

So I guess you’re the type of person to argue with the rager. thanks for the info! You might want to try and keep on topic next time, though.

How do you argue with someone while they are having a tantrum?

• I explain to them that yes, I agree, fists are in fact overpowered - and go right back to punching them to death.

• Ignore them.

Or make fun of them.

“Remember you can use Right Mouse Button to block/parry!”
    “You are allowed to dodge as a Man At Arms, you are not playing a crippled.”
    “Try looking at your opponents weapons instead of their bigger dicks.”

xD

• taunt and teabag them till they rage quit 8-)

• If they’re new i te them nicely that whining doesnt solve anything then offe basic gameplay tips. At no time do i kill them less but if they continue whining i hunt them down.

• KILLLLL THEMMMMMMMMM
    KILLLLLLL THEMMMMMMMM ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    http://www.virusphoto.com/attachment.ph … 1208930182

• @manic:

At no time do i kill them less but if they continue whining i hunt them down.

When they’re in the other team, I hope.

• I usually just ignore them. Most of the time they get votekicked for abusing the chat which is hilarious.

Sometimes a well placed response also shuts them down.

@Siegbert:

I would however react if I’m verbally attacked.

Last week you and I were playing a match on the same server, at least if Siegbert is also your ingame name. One guy was calling you out and you put him in his place.

Whiner: Siegbert you lag killed me two times in a row.
    Siegbert: You mean skill killed…
    AgentOrange: LOL

The guy never said a word after that. :D

• Lol, I remember :D

• I tend to ignore them completely… But if they keep going on and on about whatever they are raging/complaining about, then I try to kindly ask them to knock it off. And when that happens, they usually go on a bigger rampage on me calling me all sorts of lovely names. So in this case, it’s usually on our server, so I give a nice warning and then they go bye bye. Sometimes though, I find the raging quite hilarious and just play along with it. ;)

• I tell them
    “Don’t hate the player”.
    And then
    “And the game either”.

EDIT: As for me, I only get pissed at my own team when they don’t listen, which they should, 'cause they suck, hard.
    But most of the time, they do listen. All you have to do is not to insult them while you give them instructions.
    I never get pissed at the enemy, whatever he does, he’s the enemy, the game is balanced and they shouldn’t have to play the way I would want them to.

• As everyone said before me, just ignore them, mute them, etc.

In League of Legends there are whole guides and youtube videos giving tips on how to react to assholes.

@Emerald:

I dont see how the fact of having tits would make an ass be less of an ass. Ass as in asshole. An actual ass with tits on it would be bizarre.

• @Wingy:

As everyone said before me, just ignore them, mute them, etc.

In League of Legends there are whole guides and youtube videos giving tips on how to react to assholes.

@Emerald:

I dont see how the fact of having tits would make an ass be less of an ass. Ass as in asshole. An actual ass with tits on it would be bizarre.

Great. All I have in mind is asses and tits now. Thanks :?