Exploit - Votekicking the King

• Hey guys.

What do you think about people votekicking the enemy King when losing?

Should it be allowed?

(P.S It is a problem because the majority of the players don’t check the name when a vote option comes up)

• Never heard of this happening before. Thankful about that.

Shouldn’t be allowed under any circumstances. Or if it does happen, the king should respawn with another player being him. Never should a technicality get a win for a losing team.

• @Emerald:

Never heard of this happening before. Thankful about that.

Shouldn’t be allowed under any circumstances. Or if it does happen, the king should respawn with another player being him. Never should a technicality get a win for a losing team.

Why are you changing the colour of your post? Does it make you fabulous?

• I haven’t seen it either, but a new King is chosen. I have been in a game where our king left, and all of a sudden I insta-died and became the King. I was thrown off guard then realized what happened. So, rest assured even if this happens it is not the end of the game.

• @ChuckingIt:

I haven’t seen it either, but a new King is chosen. I have been in a game where our king left, and all of a sudden I insta-died and became the King. I was thrown off guard then realized what happened. So, rest assured even if this happens it is not the end of the game.

I’ve seen it a few times actually and a new king wasn’t chosen in this case, but the game just ended.

Of course, this was pre-patch, so I haven’t seen it done since.

• @Kimiko:

@ChuckingIt:

I haven’t seen it either, but a new King is chosen. I have been in a game where our king left, and all of a sudden I insta-died and became the King. I was thrown off guard then realized what happened. So, rest assured even if this happens it is not the end of the game.

I’ve seen it a few times actually and a new king wasn’t chosen in this case, but the game just ended.

Of course, this was pre-patch, so I haven’t seen it done since.

Hmm…. I have only seen what I was talking about, post patch. I don’t know if quitting and being votekicked is treated the same way in game. I shall test it though!

• @ChuckingIt:

Hmm…. I have only seen what I was talking about, post patch. I don’t know if quitting and being votekicked is treated the same way in game. I shall test it though!

Yes… let’s test this… Come on, let’s play ;)

• @Kimiko:

@ChuckingIt:

Yes… let’s test this… Come on, let’s play ;)

I’m up for it! But I can’t until another 10 hours… Stupid work :stab:

• @ChuckingIt:

Yes… work… Shouldn’t you be “working”? Lol

And I should be going back to sleep. :?

• @Kimiko:

@ChuckingIt:

Life of a programmer 8-) always near a computer. And as long as I get my work done, I also get to be here helping the community!

• @ChuckingIt:

Life of a programmer 8-) always near a computer. And as long as I get my work done, I also get to be here helping the community!

What a touching story wipes tear away ;)

Now to get back on topic, we shall be testing this out later lol.

Even kings can be douchebags, so if they deserve to be kicked, so be it. As long as a new king is chosen that would be good.

• The game should also have another way to design the King, very often you end up with a rank 2 King who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and been racking up kills only by LMB spamming and rushing enemies far from the objective he was supposed to defend.
    I say no more >10 rank Kings.
    Also the game should ask the guy before it makes him king, not force it on him.

• @The:

The game should also have another way to design the King, very often you end up with a rank 2 King who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and been racking up kills only by LMB spamming and [rushing enemies far from the objective](rushing enemies far from the objective) he was supposed to defend.

If he has a high score, then he was doing his killing mostly near objectives. I like the system as it is, even if you get the occasional person not understanding that they are king. :king:

• @ChuckingIt:

@The:

The game should also have another way to design the King, very often you end up with a rank 2 King who doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing and been racking up kills only by LMB spamming and [rushing enemies far from the objective](rushing enemies far from the objective) he was supposed to defend.

If he has a high score, then he was doing his killing mostly near objectives. I like the system as it is, even if you get the occasional person not understanding that they are king. :king:

I disagree. If you stay near the ram when it’s at the door and you kill only enemies who manage to reach it, you won’t have a better score than someone who’s racking up kills far from it, letting himself get lured away, swinging in melees and wasting his time fighting the very same guy with 3 allies, which is the most unclever thing to do because if they’re 3 vs 1 out there, it means I’ll be 1 vs 3 at the ram.

• There are many flaws with the current implementation of the King.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Kimiko:

@ChuckingIt:

Bloody ell your workplace is lenient! :P

I’m a Programmer too, but mine certainly wouldn’t let me do any modding or anything else during my workday besides dinner. Of course I get my work done and do it well, but there’s never any downtime as there’s always more to do heh.

Also as to the topic, (*bans self) yes I heard the King was supposed to be re-selected if someone left. Interesting that being votekicked apparently doesn’t trigger this, I would certainly advise testing it! (I’d help but I have work soon. Give me a shout if you see me on Steam if you still need a hand).

Would definitely advise against choosing the king based on “rank” though, that’s just silly elitist behaviour. Prioritising on score instead could be good, as in someone who had played well then and there gets chosen to be it.

Interestingly, the last couple of times I’ve been King, I’ve not seen any notification or anything beforehand, just that I’ve suddenly died and spawned as him. If it is not just me being blind, is there any point to the “RejectKing” button now?

• So the king is actually Agent Smith who inhabits the bodies of others when necessary! Mind blown

• @manic:

So the king is actually Agent Smith who inhabits the bodies of others when necessary! Mind blown

VGr4fde4puk

• Well after some further checking, turns out it is a problem! So another suggestion for the next patch.

• @ChuckingIt:

Well after some further checking, turns out it is a problem! So another suggestion for the next patch.

And oh how fun it was to votekick you… to what end? No voting menu pops up… just BAM, THE MASON WIN… lol