Modtools/SDK ASAP!

• So if you are modder or udkuser or anything post here about your desire getting the modtools first, lets unite, so tibberius opinion might change.
    If you are only a gamer, post here too! You want content, don’t you? You want fun? Modtools will generate alot of fun for you, pls support this wish by posting here your opinion and what you want.

ty @all
    i made this post cause my initial post in Q&A section got no response, let them hear our voices. pls don’t just close this thread, at least write something(support is surely more appreciated ;) ).thank you.

my initial post @Developers Q&A [ [url=“http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5636&p=50684#p50684”]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5636&p=50684#p50684 ]:
    @Tryntyrion:

i have a big request.

I don’t see a point in waiting with the SDK, i love content “from you”, but i know that it will take you a lot of time until you will release some, why not just support the community with the right tools, so they can bridge the gap between patch 1 and your first content update?

I love this game, but seriously my passion for it is fading, and i know you are hard at work, and doing your best and you released a great patch, but we need the right tools, to support the community, i dont even want YOUR modtools, just give us a way, so that we can provide maps for our selves etc, until you can give us the modtools! pls i beg you :) ….and talk to valve about the setup of the steam-workshop or communicate with the right people for nexus support.

i thank you and will stay loyal to the torn banner.

• Well written!

I totaly agree with you! The maps are really awesome, but to ensure longt-term game fun there need to be much more maps in my opinion. There is so much potential!

• Totally agree ^^

In my opinion SDK release should be a priority. Get modders on the hook before they get bored and go elsewhere. A stream of fresh community content should help keep playing numbers up.

While it’s possible to start mapping (assuming file compatibility between base UDK and Chivalry SDK) lack of scripts make game mode development nigh on impossible. Lack of assets is also another problem (although technically meshes/textures etc can be ripped not sure if its legal to do so or use?) for getting on with map making. I appreciate the lack of assets is not so much a problem for teams wanting to radically alter the base game. However, in respect of mappers who just want to create extra maps which share consistent look and feel with those originally provided it means reinventing the wheel.

Last patch was great and it seems an ideal time to release an sdk. On the other hand, I assume any future game updates (content or otherwise) would require an in step sdk update so maybe this is the reason for pushing it back (i.e. once its pretty stable and new content released).

Also, it’s easy to forget that Torn Banner is a small team and can’t really be expected to do everything at once. Having said that, surely then, the release of an SDK would lighten the burden of providing fresh content on the developers?

• I have a lot of ideas that I’d like to try in the game… so support for mod tools! 8-)

I’m a very bored programmer. Giving me mod tools will keep me from wasting time on the Support forums! … Maybe I shouldn’t have said that :?

• more maps are definately needed…*cough helms deep *cough

• It would be for the best, yes.

• Please oh Dev’s from above! Bestow upon us the prize that is SDK! We shall serve thee well with voluptuous amounts of maps and mods. Please! Bequeath mercy upon your underling community and grant our only wish!

• I agree releasing mod tools/SDK as soon as possible.But I have to agree with Steve as well:when they do release them,they should do it right.

• thx, for all your posts, but we need more! LETS HERE THEM OUR VOICES, pleeeeeeaaase cartman voice

• I’m a modeler and level designer, with quite a bit of UDK experience and would love this.

• a solid +1 !!!

imo mods tools should be on the priority list!( atleast the tools to make maps) … i know its not easy as i make it sound but really , it would be awesome! … theres a ton of programers who would love to make maps! …

personaly it would be a win win situation … players would be happy with new maps and TBS would be able to breath a little and concentrates on fixes and stuffs!

…once again … a solid +1

edit : …almost froggot …(“what do we want!”) WE WANT MONSTERY AND HELMS DEEP! ( “when do we want it!” ) AS SOON AS POSIBLE!

• @batman666:

edit : …almost froggot …(“what do we want!”) WE WANT MONSTERY AND HELMS DEEP! ( “when do we want it!” ) AS SOON AS POSIBLE!

Ruh roh! Batman’s on strike!!!

• yes please

• Modtools , really ?!

Hmm , so it is not enough that is allowed the game to be ‘’ easy-modable ‘’ .
    Also according to my knowledge the unreal engine if not anything else ‘‘MOST’’ is at first place most easy to use & by easy to use is meant low user level …

• @ReMixx:

@batman666:

lol !!

seriously , i feel like a children waiting for xmass … those are two maps im really waiting for ! ahh great nostalgia , so many good fights i had in monastery!

the games awesome , but not enough maps … ( i personaly dont really care about new weapons and stuffs , i just want new epic TO maps! )

• @batman666:

@ReMixx:

@batman666:

lol !!

seriously , i feel like a children waiting for xmass … those are two maps im really waiting for ! ahh great nostalgia , so many good fights i had in monastery!

the games awesome , but not enough maps … ( i personaly dont really care about new weapons and stuffs , i just want new epic TO maps! )

Who will clean up the streets of Gotham until the mod tools come out?? :o

• You do realize that modtools will just result in someone releasing a mod where 1h weapons and shields are either gone or nerfed to oblivion so that proper noobs can duel proper with their chivalrous 2h swords without having to worry about using reflexes or quick mousemovements to block.
    Feints will probably have a 45 second cooldown and mouse dragging won’t work anymore.

Two words:
    Split playerbase.

Being able to create new maps would be sweet though.

• @kywild:

You do realize that modtools will just result in someone releasing a mod where 1h weapons and shields are either gone or nerfed to oblivion so that proper noobs can duel proper with their chivalrous 2h swords without having to worry about using reflexes or quick mousemovements to block.
    Feints will probably have a 45 second cooldown and mouse dragging won’t work anymore.

Two words:
    Split playerbase.

What kind of lame ass mods have you been playing? I was thinking creative mods and new content mods like vikings or persians.

• @Cheesus:

@kywild:

You do realize that modtools will just result in someone releasing a mod where 1h weapons and shields are either gone or nerfed to oblivion so that proper noobs can duel proper with their chivalrous 2h swords without having to worry about using reflexes or quick mousemovements to block.

Two words:
    Split playerbase.

What kind of lame ass mods have you been playing? I was thinking creative mods and new content mods like vikings or persians.

What does what kind of mods ive been playing have to do with what i said? :P I just said this is what will happen.

• PLEEEEEASE.

With the rush of money from steam sales I’d love to see some of that cash go towards getting the mod tools out ASAP. Plenty of UDK experts around without jobs these days they could contract in to get it done :p