Colorblind Assist?

• Is there any way to change the default team colors? I find it often hard to distinguish friend from foe, especially when a blue player is bloodied up. At a distance, it is impossible for me to tell. If I could make the red color much lighter, or change the colors all together, it would be a great help. I find I often get slain when I hesitate to attack while trying to figure out which side someone is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Great game by the way.

Sarc

• EDIT: Scratch that :(

• Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. I will test it out and give you feedback.

• I wasn’t able to get it to work. It did not recognize the command. There was an option for colorblindsim mode[variable]. But this appears to change the colors to appear as what a color blind person would see.

• @Sarchasm:

I wasn’t able to get it to work. It did not recognize the command. There was an option for colorblindsim mode[variable]. But this appears to change the colors to appear as what a color blind person would see.

Yeah… I forgot that’s what it did. I just looked it up and it does indeed do that. They made efforts to keep teams Red vs Blue. But the blood does muck things up. I will make a suggestion to help you and anyone else out. What would be best? An option for no blood? Or reduced? Or special colors?

• Any way to alter the colors would be great, if it doesn’t provide an avenue for cheating. Even if one was much brighter, and the other much darker, it would help. Also, when the screen starts to grey out when injured, it is impossible for me to tell the difference at any distance. Not sure if this is intentional or not (or if normal vision people have a problem with it). Thanks again for listening.

• @Sarchasm:

Any way to alter the colors would be great, if it doesn’t provide an avenue for cheating. Even if one was much brighter, and the other much darker, it would help. Also, when the screen starts to grey out when injured, it is impossible for me to tell the difference at any distance. Not sure if this is intentional or not (or if normal vision people have a problem with it). Thanks again for listening.

I will suggest this! And when it is greyed out I just look at patterns/helmets. But mostly at the people who are trying to kill me lol.

• @Sarchasm:

Also, when the screen starts to grey out when injured, it is impossible for me to tell the difference at any distance.

I’d say that one is how it is supposed to be, to send you swinging at anything that comes near in wild near-death desperation. :D

But yes I agree it would be nice to have an additional option for those who are colour blind. I do like the blood on a player as it is a nice indicator of how damaged they are, (and coming out of a battle covered in blood is awesome), however the current look can make it hard to tell.

Hopefully they’ll be able to add a colourblind switch in the video options screen that will help you out in some way.

Chuck has flagged to the devs btw, it has been forwarded to an Artist. So hopefully we’ll see what they can do. :)

• Gorith 7 hours ago
    Colorblind settings for progress bars?
    Plain and simple I absolutely cannot tell what the progress bars for things like the trebs are att they just look like a white bar above the object. No it’s not a glitch or anything Have the same problem watching videos of the game.

Regardless is there a way to change the colors of those bars so I actually see them?

Yes it’s minor and no it wont stop me from playing in the least but it is slightly annoying.

Also along this topic. Found this on the Steam forum.