Parry dagger

• @SlyGoat:

I’m not sure why people get so hung up on the idea of parrying with daggers being unrealistic. Anything you could realistically parry with a sword you could parry with a dagger.The key here is you are using your arm to redirect the attack - whatever bit of metal you put in your hand is just there so that the weapon you’re deflecting isn’t hitting your arm. You’d be equally effective redirecting an attack with a simple steel rod as you would with a sword. Daggers are lightweight and in fact were often designed specifically for parrying, either in an emergency such as if you’re suddenly diarmed, or for use in your off-hand instead of a shield, for situations where your shield is broken.

A parry isn’t a block. You aren’t absorbing the shock of the blow - otherwise no matter what weapon you’re using, you’d either be disarmed or break your wrist trying to “block” something like a halberd. Weapons like the maul or double axe are not realistic weapons - they would not be effective in combat because of how unwieldy they are, so the fact that you can parry these weapons when in reality you would not be able to redirect that amount of force isn’t really an issue as far as I’m concerned. They’re there to add flair to the game

However, light weapons do already lose more stamina when parrying heavy weapons, for gameplay purposes.

Open and shut case Watson. I think everyone can move on from this topic now.

Quit worrying about the non-realism behind a dagger parrying a maul.

• @SlyGoat:

I’m not sure why people get so hung up on the idea of parrying with daggers being unrealistic. Anything you could realistically parry with a sword you could parry with a dagger.The key here is you are using your arm to redirect the attack - whatever bit of metal you put in your hand is just there so that the weapon you’re deflecting isn’t hitting your arm. You’d be equally effective redirecting an attack with a simple steel rod as you would with a sword. Daggers are lightweight and in fact were often designed specifically for parrying, either in an emergency such as if you’re suddenly diarmed, or for use in your off-hand instead of a shield, for situations where your shield is broken.

A parry isn’t a block. You aren’t absorbing the shock of the blow - otherwise no matter what weapon you’re using, you’d either be disarmed or break your wrist trying to “block” something like a halberd. Weapons like the maul or double axe are not realistic weapons - they would not be effective in combat because of how unwieldy they are, so the fact that you can parry these weapons when in reality you would not be able to redirect that amount of force isn’t really an issue as far as I’m concerned. They’re there to add flair to the game

However, light weapons do already lose more stamina when parrying heavy weapons, for gameplay purposes.

Honestly, I can’t seem to fathom how people can use the “reality” argument at all in a game where a a knight can run at 20mph in full plate without ever running out of stamina and survive a Javelin hit straight through the head. There are like a million things that are insanely unrealistic in this game, yet the only things the people using the “reality” argument want to change is strangely stuff that would help make up for them being terrible at the game rather then something that actually makes sense from a game-play point of view.

• @SlyGoat:

MAA with dagger can easyly kill any knight. (skilled MAA)

• MAA with dagger can easyly kill any knight. (skilled MAA)

X with a dagger can easily kill any Y (Skilled X) Derp.

• I think the key here is that in real life, none of these weapons would parry an overhead maul as they do in the game. Like suddenly holding a bigger weapon with one hand is going to make your arm stronger. Even with a shield, it would most likely break your wrist, not to mention break right through the shield. So why complain only about the dagger?

• @sharkh20:

I think the key here is that in real life, none of these weapons would parry an overhead maul as they do in the game. Like suddenly holding a bigger weapon with one hand is going to make your arm stronger. Even with a shield, it would most likely break your wrist, not to mention break right through the shield. So why complain only about the dagger?

In real life, anyone carrying that maul around would not only be exhausted before he even got into combat, he would be stabbed in the gut before he could lift it over his head.

So, I’m personally fine with the increased stamina drain for blocking it ;)

• @SlyGoat:

@sharkh20:

I think the key here is that in real life, none of these weapons would parry an overhead maul as they do in the game. Like suddenly holding a bigger weapon with one hand is going to make your arm stronger. Even with a shield, it would most likely break your wrist, not to mention break right through the shield. So why complain only about the dagger?

In real life, anyone carrying that maul around would not only be exhausted before he even got into combat, he would be stabbed in the gut before he could lift it over his head.

I’m pretty sure I couldn’t even lift this thing at all IRL. :D

• @SlyGoat:

@sharkh20:

So, I’m personally fine with the increased stamina drain for blocking it ;)

All i’m saying is, none if it matters. It is a game. But if someone is going to try and use realism as an argument here, there are a million reasons why they are wrong.

• It would be stupid if archers couldn’t block 2h weapons, would make it even more faceroll for vanguards and knights to kill them than it already is. The zweihander kills them with one overhead torso hit :P

• @Fryseboks:

It would be stupid if archers couldn’t block 2h weapons, would make it even more faceroll for vanguards and knights to kill them than it already is. The zweihander kills them with one overhead torso hit :P

Archer IS NOT a melee class. Archer can kill any knight or vanguard from a distance. Or run away.
    If you cant hit him from a distance this is your problem.