Single Player, correct?

• I remember reading there is a way to play by yourself in this game via bots… Am I correct on this? I have horrible internet connection so I don’t really want to play VS others at all. Just me and bots.

• Yep, you can play with and against a bunch of bots. Just select “Create Game” from the main menu, and there you go.

It is, however, quite buggy. The AI often gets stuck, walking around in circles, and team objective missions don’t always complete properly. Hopefully this stuff will get fixed.

• As long it is there. Like I said, I am pretty much stuck wit’ single player. Especially once I get a laptop good enough for this game, and others. (My current computer can only play Xbox/PS2 level games and below). Once I do get a new laptop, it wont be connected at all to de’ internet and I’ll be using this old computer for internet purposes.

• AI bots are supported in all non-Team Objective modes. You can spawn them in TO, as you could in any map with spawn points, but they won’t know how to work the objectives/get stuck.

They are mainly for combat practice.

• Do the A.I not have A.I path nodes or something?

• The AI is also not very smart. Easy to get 1:10 K/D ratio in FFA.

• @Andrew:

AI bots are supported in all non-Team Objective modes. You can spawn them in TO, as you could in any map with spawn points, but they won’t know how to work the objectives/get stuck.

Are they smart enough to fight? Like attack back and block. Etc.

• @Jusey1:

@Andrew:

AI bots are supported in all non-Team Objective modes. You can spawn them in TO, as you could in any map with spawn points, but they won’t know how to work the objectives/get stuck.

Are they smart enough to fight? Like attack back and block. Etc.

Yes they are. You can practice the basics with them. They are competent enough to block and attack. But don’t expect any advance tactics from them. Still an enjoyable experience, just don’t know for how long…

• Not sure what modifications the devs have done to their AI, but standard UDK AI has never been one of it’s strong suits.

• The AI will also kick if you’re blocking too often, etc.

The problem with the AI getting stuck seems to have to do with them not understanding objectives very well on most maps, and not always knowing what to do if they don’t see an enemy near-by.

I also find that the gate in the arena sometimes doesn’t work properly.

I’m operating on a 2+ year-old laptop, and I get murderous lag on the servers, so sometimes my only recourse is to mess around with the bots. My frame rate on the server tops out at about 30 fps when I’m just standing there, and averages between 12 to 22 in most fights. Maps with rain and trees are the worst, and the more people there are in the room, the slower it gets. At times it feels like playing with a painting where my monitor should be.

Here’s hoping you get a better rig soon! Good luck.

• As long the AI is smart enough to fight and such. I think I’ll do find. I also do hope they play as random units and not always the same ones over and over again… That is another thing I am worried about.

• Yes, they’re random units, which keeps things interesting. Same thing with your own teammates.

• Ha! Kool! Now I really want this game but I need to get a new computer first… Maybe sometime within Christmas time I’ll find a good deal.

• Actually… I might just be screwed because Windows 8 sucks and all new systems have Windows 8…

• You know you can build an adequate gaming PC dirt cheap these days, right? Google up Micro ATX and APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), then head over to Newegg and piece something together. You could easily build a basic, energy efficient system that would play this game just fine for around $150-$200 in hardware. Another $130 for a Win7 system builder DVD and you’re set. RAM is dirt cheap, you can get a good enough power supply (pico psu) cheap, hard drives are dirt cheap, and with an APU you have a reasonably good CPU and GPU combined, so no need to pay for both. If you don’t know how to build a computer, it’s super easy and is always a good skill to have. Start small and cheap and you’ll never need to buy a prefab POS again.

• @Sir:

You know you can build an adequate gaming PC dirt cheap these days, right? Google up Micro ATX and APU (Accelerated Processing Unit), then head over to Newegg and piece something together. You could easily build a basic, energy efficient system that would play this game just fine for around $150-$200 in hardware. Another $130 for a Win7 system builder DVD and you’re set. RAM is dirt cheap, you can get a good enough power supply (pico psu) cheap, hard drives are dirt cheap, and with an APU you have a reasonably good CPU and GPU combined, so no need to pay for both. If you don’t know how to build a computer, it’s super easy and is always a good skill to have. Start small and cheap and you’ll never need to buy a prefab POS again.

Not going to happen… Plus that is NOT cheap… At least not for me. I am someone who only has an Xbox 360 because I got lucky that my father manage to get on a game show and won a good amount of money… Chance of me getting a new computer is extremely low though I will try my best.

• If you’re young and broke, grocery stores, fast food places, etc will pay at least minimum wage and probably closer to $10/hour. The sooner you start making your own money, the less you have to worry about what your dad brings in.

• @Sir:

If you’re young and broke, grocery stores, fast food places, etc will pay at least minimum wage and probably closer to $10/hour. The sooner you start making your own money, the less you have to worry about what your dad brings in.

I don’t live with my father. But I know. I got plans, and such. I really ain’t caring for a new computer, tbh. I would love to play this game, and such, online but I’m not-much of a PC player anymore like I use to be… It prolly would be best for me to wait until this game comes out on the Console (Which I do think is highly possible with how popular this game is getting).