The Server Browser - It's Still Crap

• This has probably already been mentioned somewhere, I’d be shocked if it hasn’t. The server browser is a shrouded mess of things. You can sort them somewhat, but not enough. Filters aren’t exactly the greatest selection.

You should be able to select official servers out of the nonofficial. Not to mention, the history of your recent servers aren’t even in order. Things happen, you get DC’d off the internet, whatever, you want to play on that server because the people are pretty sweet there. But no, the history tab fails to give you the ability to do so without much guessing and checking. Player amount is usually always nonexistent on accuracy.

When the update happened, and we all read, new server browser. I’m sure I speak for all when I say, our hearts fluttered a bit, hoping for a neat and orderly browser. Boy, oh boy, were we wrong. This is just a different format of the original! Nothing has changed besides the general design and basic functions of it. That needs to be seriously worked on, you were better off leaving it and working on it longer than doing a quicky on it.

• Yes, it has been brought up many times before. Please do a search next time before posting.

It is also something that is continually being worked on as there are various issues with it. Hopefully with the next content patch, things will be better. Thanks for your patience.

• Can’t be fucked to search a forum for dead threads. If it’s not on the first page then f it.

• Took them 4 weeks for 1st patch be prepared to wait.

• @Incognito:

Can’t be fucked to search a forum for dead threads. If it’s not on the first page then f it.

Well dearie, that attitude won’t get you far and your “repeat” posts may be merged or closed. I’m just letting you know that you aren’t the only person out there who have asked this question and just putting in “server browser” into the search bar will yield many results… And by the way, if it’s not on the first page, it doesn’t mean it’s dead and old. This forum is VERY busy, thus it can take pages before a topic is considered “dead”.

Thanks.

• No offence, but I just did a forum search for “server browser” and all that is shown is this thread.

The Server browser still is a huge mess, just this free weekend all my buddies had a go on chivalry and in the end, they decided not to buy the game because the server browser ist such a pain in the ass.
    It allways took forever to finally find and join a server. It was even harder to join a friend ingame.

There are things missing like “auto-join” options, acurrate data such as server full or not, how many players on the server. And the speed for refresh should also be improved. Also, proper error messages instead of an UEerror?. someting.

We really had a shitload of fun when we finally could join a server, but it makes me sad and is disappointing to see a shitty server browser force people to answer the question “do i want to buy this game” with a “NO” as it took us up to two hours to finally get a server and manage to get all the people on the server even though it was NOT full.
    I hope this will be improved and I think many people would give it a second try.

• Use the alternate server browser (my sig under the girls), it works perfectly.

• I tryed it few days ago and its cool.
    But i still think the server browser should not only be ingame, but also work as intended.
    The alternate server browser is a workaround but not the solution for the community and won´t make my friends buy the game.
    But thanks anyway.

• @Felerian:

and won´t make my friends buy the game.

Your friends only buy games that have a perfect server browser? So which games did they buy?

• For all that people hate the server browser, it’s not actually that hard to find a game with it.
    Or instead, use the console command to join a specific server.

• @BillDoor:

For all that people hate the server browser, it’s not actually that hard to find a game with it.
    Or instead, use the console command to join a specific server.

Yeah, your acting like we´re stupid, it took us a very long time to join server, no matter if we used console commands, the server browser or steam friendslist etc.

• Perhaps the specific server has an issue? Maybe you are both trying to join the game from the same IP address? “It’s crap” isn’t exactly an idea or suggestion - if this is technical support it should go in that thread. If you’re just butthurt, that goes in General Discussion.
    Welcome to the forums. :D