Great Game, Lousy Players

• So, why is it that 90% of all players I see simply hold the ‘W’ key and mash Left Click over and over again? They have a tutorial, you know. I grow tired of simply owning everything around me in every match I join. Please learn a thing or two about blocking and feinting to make this game more interesting for me.

No more click click click click click click and running into jumble piles of players, ok? Just to punish those of you who do, I turned up team damage to the extreme on my server, but I won’t tell you which one it is. Wallow in your own misery of ‘unskilled players’.

Oh, and question for the mods/devs - Being that I generally ban all players who come in with a piss-poor attitude, I’d like to know if there is a maximum number of people allowed on a banlist, or if it is unlimited. With every single parent buying their child whichever games they want from Steam, I’m finding the list to grow rather quickly.

Thanks a bunch, and look forward to seeing you newbies practicing!

• @JHoersten2:

So, why is it that 90% of all players I see simply hold the ‘W’ key and mash Left Click over and over again? They have a tutorial, you know. I grow tired of simply owning everything around me in every match I join. Please learn a thing or two about blocking and feinting to make this game more interesting for me.

No more click click click click click click and running into jumble piles of players, ok? Just to punish those of you who do, I turned up team damage to the extreme on my server, but I won’t tell you which one it is. Wallow in your own misery of ‘unskilled players’.

Oh, and question for the mods/devs - Being that I generally ban all players who come in with a piss-poor attitude, I’d like to know if there is a maximum number of people allowed on a banlist, or if it is unlimited. With every single parent buying their child whichever games they want from Steam, I’m finding the list to grow rather quickly.

Thanks a bunch, and look forward to seeing you newbies practicing!

Well, you can always join a clan server if you need some higher ranked players. 8-) (Points to sig)

As for the banlist, I don’t believe there is a limit or it may be set high, but I’m not 100% sure on this.

• Your first problem starts with

to make this game more interesting for me.

You ask other players to entertain you. That’s not how online communities work.

Secondly - if you own them so much, own them a bit more until they learn. The game still has the influx of new players from a few days ago from the sale. It’s only normal they suck. And then they will either leave or stay and get better. I’m pretty sure they’ll leave though, as I’ve been closely watching the player amount on steamstats and each day sees a decrease of about 500 players. From around 8k to 5k at this moment.

And lastly - you have a server? Congrats, now stop braggin about it, so do 80% of the community.

And uh, I’m not a dev but since the game uses sort of the U3 engine, it shouldn’t have a ban limit and a quick google check didn’t find any results or more info towards confirming that.

But to be fair with you, I am already getting tired of the 60% of the community here, though that might be partly to the game mechanics working buggedly.

• Looks like one of those “Look what a great player I am” threads, and not too subtly done either.

• @Velociraptor:

Looks like one of those “Look what a great player I am” threads, and not too subtly done either.

No it was a “Is there a banlist limit on servers?” with a sizeable serving of cocky.

• JHoersten2 is my hero and I want to be just like him and maybe own my own server someday… :roll:

• play in duel servers

• If you get killed a lot by “terrible players” what does that make you exactly?

• @Achilles-:

If you get killed a lot by “terrible players” what does that make you exactly?

butthurt

• @Achilles-:

Where did he say that? He did only imply that terrible players tend to do disproportionately many TKs which is true.

• @MrBear:

You ask other players to entertain you. That’s not how online communities work.

No, that’s exactly how they work. The internet is there for entertainment purposes. I must say, your post hardly entertained anyone, so you may need to work on that in the future.

@MrBear:

you have a server? Congrats, now stop braggin about it, so do 80% of the community.

I hadn’t “bragged” at all about it. It worries me that you feel intimidated at the mere mention of having a server, but no where did I attempt to use it as a source of awesomeness on my behalf. Stop being defensive and scrounging to make argument points - lame.

@Emerald:

No it was a “Is there a banlist limit on servers?” with a sizeable serving of cocky.

Nailed it!

@Slaughtervomit:

JHoersten2 is my hero and I want to be just like him and maybe own my own server someday.

Get in line, sport. I always accept fanmail though.

@Achilles-:

You have assumed that I “get killed”. It seems you were all in a huff while reading and seemed to have inserted your own information, and are now basing your argument off such. I don’t get killed, son. I notice these terrible players - not die to them. It’s way to easy to kill them and I’d prefer they skill up so that I’d have a challenge. Reading - learn to do it better.

Thanks for all your kind suggestions! There was a bit of masked jealousy-rage in here, as I have predicted, but sooner or later they’ll climb up to my skill level. It’s only natural to be upset with those better than you. For the rest, I look forward to encountering you in-game at some point!

• You ever look at peoples rank? That on average will tell you how good a player is. Most players aren’t very good at first, especially in a genre that is pretty rare. So, want better players? Just allow people over a certain rank.

• @Dr:

You ever look at peoples rank? That on average will tell you how good a player is. Most players aren’t very good at first, especially in a genre that is pretty rare. So, want better players? Just allow people over a certain rank.

Rank has nothing to do with skill, only with hours invested in the game. People who played age of chivalry can usually piss on anyone twice their rank after a couple of hours of practice.

• @Wingy:

Rank has nothing to do with skill, only with hours invested in the game.

I believe it has something to do with total kills…

• @Siegbert:

@Wingy:

Same thing. It isn’t hard to get kills. Getting kills in a skillful way is a completely different matter.

• @Siegfried:

Same thing. It isn’t hard to get kills. Getting kills in a skillful way is a completely different matter.

That is very true.

• @Siegfried:

@Siegbert:

@Wingy:

One can assume that after a certain amount of kills a player has gained some skill though it might not be as good as others’.

• @Wingy:

@Dr:

You ever look at peoples rank? That on average will tell you how good a player is. Most players aren’t very good at first, especially in a genre that is pretty rare. So, want better players? Just allow people over a certain rank.

Rank has nothing to do with skill, only with hours invested in the game. People who played age of chivalry can usually piss on anyone twice their rank after a couple of hours of practice.

Eh, yes it has. You can’t get good without investing hours into the game. As with any. other. skill.
    That some people never will get good no matter how much they play, and that some people already played aoc so their ranks are decieving, does not change the fact that on average rank will tell you how good a player is. As I already stated.

Idk what kind of anomalies you have encountered, but in my experience being on a server where the average rank is around 25 and a server where the average is around 5, is VASTLY different.