Archers Complaints

• Seriously!

I have been reading this forum for some time now and it is pretty evident that most people are playing as Knight or Vanguard ONLY (they probably switch between the two).
    It can seriously ONLY be those players who can continously complain about “realism” in this game when it comes to things that they have problems with.

Lets start with realism… ok so you have a problem with Daggers parrying your 2-Handed mauls? But… funny enough you do NOT have a problem with the fact that:

• a fat ass knight in full plate mail is able to rundown a fleeing archer? No that is obviously fine.
    • that you can swing around the maul like a madman whilst having a heavy armor on and not fall to the ground from being exhausted.
    • That you dont break you legs when jumping down from roof tops, and being able to turn on a dime.

And so on and so on, you get my point - I hope :?

You probably dont realize that the moment of the maul can be diverted. Just take a look at how forces can be diverted by looking at various martial arts moves where the smaller guys take out the bigger guys by using their own momentum against them.

Also - You do realise that a Maul can also parry a Dagger? OR even better, if you specifically have a problem with the daggers speed attack you do now you have a SECONDARY weapon right?? But I assume it is only the Archer who has to worry about switching weapons in combats, whilst Knights and Vanguards can just stay on their massive 2-handers which can hit anywhere and everywhere.

For example the Vanguards 2-hander polearms which you can get overheaded by when standing right in their face - So you basically get overheaded by the shaft of the weapon, nice.

Dont get me wrong, I do not complain about this as such or the other above mentioned things, because as an Archer or any other class I have the opporunity to parry it. But I get furious about all the comments concerning “realism” whenever it only benefits Vanguards and Knights and their LMB spamming 2-handers.

But from what I read all these Knights and Vanguards etc who complain and complain about the Archer, what they want is too just run up the archer and slay them in 1 hit (which they already do with many weapons) without the Archer having ANY WAY of defending themselves. WTF?
    Seriously IF you cannot take on an Archer in close combat (the absolute worst class for this purpose) then it is because you do not understand the concept of parrying or switching weapons.

And I have read several things about how Vanguards just gets shot when attempting to attack archers, omfg. I seriously wonder what on earth you do, whether you just stand there and pick your nose whilst the archer headshots you. Many of you also talk as if its the easiest thing to do just shoot the head off the Vanguards (which in some cases takes 2 shots to the head, LOL).
    It is difficult to hit to start with and funny enough it gets HARDER when you move around… And even more so when Vanguards remember they have throwing weapons which actually do ALOT of damage to archers.

But I understand all of you Knights and Vanguards, it is VERY unfortunate for you that you sometimes die to a puny archer after your 10 kill streak with 2-hander swings. And then SOMETIMES your godly overhead doesnt kill them, and they actually defend themselves and outskill you in everyway in close combat and you die.

Playing as an Archer is difficult, due to the fact its almost impossible to hit anything to start with unless (as many no doubt do) just stand still or run in a straight line towards you.

Some of the most annoying things I would like to say about Archers currently, that I would hope they change:

• The fact it is SOO slow to switch the secondary weapon when getting charged. It seems it is just designed in a way you just have to utterly die without a chance to defend yourself. I mean what is the chain of thought here? It is already difficult to handle a close combat situation why are we not allowed to draw our f…ng secondary and attempt to defend ourselves?? Seriously.
    • Blocking as javaliner is just retarded sometimes, many times it simply doesnt register a block for whatever reason and you would be better of not having the shield and just be able to parry with the weapon.
    • 5 Shots as javaliner, what?? Why? And also the other javalines are just shit, please make them a bit more viable.
    • Perhaps consider making javalines worthwhile in close combat also, since you have basically removed the option to switch to secondary weapon.

Why they ever would nerf this class is beyond me, I assume its because the highest voice here on the forums are that of the Knights and Vanguards. Hoping to change this a bit, because it is just stupid to read some of the arguements here which attempts to claim that “archers are fine” or even “OP”.

So this is my wall of text, enjoy.

Yours truly
    The Impossible Shot.

• TL,DR-version:
    “I cry because I get killed when I rely on shooting people who run at me 10m away instead of switching weapons.”

Face it, you are NOT supposed to get 2 shots at somebody running at you.

• Once while I was running in a predicable straight line while swinging my massive zweihander like a madman(I’m not compensating for anything I swear!) I was shot by an Archer.

Can we please nerf Archers?? Only other Vanguards should be able to kill me, maybe.

• Great TL DR!! which completely misses the point, and is based on your own opinion about what I do in a battle.

I do want to be able to switch to my secondary weapon at normal rate since it is my only defence, but obviously yes I should just die as should any archer. We are just support class, we should just get chopped down mercilessly without means to defend.

Great.

• It’s too easy for me when I play as an archer to kill a Knight in close combat.
    So yes, I’d like it to be tweaked.

It’s easier for me to kill a Knight in close combat when I play archer than to kill an archer in close combat when I’m a Knight. And I’m supposed to be a much better Knight than archer.
    Therefore, there is a problem here.

• Yes that is great you think this… really. You must be super good or the knights you face must be super retarded.

Because its only a widely known fact that Archers == free kills, its funny that in any game they all flock after the archer to get the kill, its so easy.

But thats great you feel this, any knight that loses in close combat with archers should really go play the tutorial.

• And another complaint about the archer class, play an fps when you want to shoot 5 projectiles or more in a matter of seconds. This is a bow you’re shooting with, it isn’t a machine gun. Also, this complaint has been made a thousand times already, there is no need to start another thread on it.

• Well, I’m sorry to say this, but my opinion is unbiased. As I said, I play every class, while you play archer almost exclusively.

Now I’m not saying removing the ability to block with the dagger is the only solution.
    The best thing they could do is changing the stamina system.

1. Make parrying heavy weapons with small weapon cost much more stamina.
    2. Make it so being out of stamina renders blocking completely ineffective.

PS. Quite tired of the “you faced terrible this or that” excuse. Find something else please, everyone.

• There is some truth in this thread and some unreasonable moan as well.Different things should be changed in all classes for reality issues.

If you read this forum better you will see that the class with the most complaints and crying is the archers’,like this thread.

Thank you!

• The funniest thing i’ve seen on this game is Vanguards and Knights running past 5 people heading straight for the archers like it’s going to be a one-swing kill! So f*cking funny!

Got news for you, competent archers can

1. Drop you with one shot even when you’re doing that retarded zig-zagging
    2. Melee the shit out of you before you get chance to swing
    3. Teabag your corpse because we’re archers and we dont take any shit

Someone above whining about archers being able to fire bows at a ridiculous rate. I would say, have you ever played as an archer? It’s almost impossible to hit anything from a distance and when you do, you need 2 hits to take something down. So if you increased the draw distance it would just totally f*ck up the class.

FWIW, i’ve played with The Algerian and he has some skillz…

Btw, how many times do you read a comment like this every game…

“MY TEAM IS FULL OF ARCHERS!! WAAAAH!!”

• @suge1w:

What was your ingame name?

• Who made the comment about the bow shooting too fast? :p

• @The:

@suge1w:

What was your ingame name?

suge1w 8-)

@Kingofpolar… I misread your comment wrong. I was on a rant rampage. Sorry. :)

• No problem man, i understand your rage, eventhough i’m a knight :D

• @suge1w:

“MY TEAM IS FULL OF ARCHERS!! WAAAAH!!”

I can explain that: Noobs are chosing archers when they loose in melee with other classes, because honestly, it isn’t a very easy game compared to most. Thereby they try to avoid close combat completly. Too much archers are the symptoms of the problem, the problem itself is a noobish team.

I played a lot of archer myself, and it isn’t my least favourite class. It is not very hard to close in the distance to really do some hits or to switch weapons in the right time. And killing with speed and a fast weapon isn’t very hard either.
    But most archers just do neither. They fire in melee groups, hitting their own team members as often as the enemy, do far-duels with other noob archers or just fire in the blue and hope to hit something.

One thing is very hard as archer though: Scoring the killing blow on non-archers with your bow. My kill ratio was mostly 1:2 with bow:shortsword.

• @The:

Well, I’m sorry to say this, but my opinion is unbiased. As I said, I play every class, while you play archer almost exclusively.

Now I’m not saying removing the ability to block with the dagger is the only solution.
    The best thing they could do is changing the stamina system.

1. Make parrying heavy weapons with small weapon cost much more stamina.
    2. Make it so being out of stamina renders blocking completely ineffective.

PS. Quite tired of the “you faced terrible this or that” excuse. Find something else please, everyone.

So funny how you are able to figure out so much about me, and that I play exclusively Archer, which is wrong on so many levels. I play mostly Knight for your information (generally played all-around pretty equally) but am veteran as Knight. But as you can see I also play Archer because its a fun class in many cases and it is so much more satisfying to play and kill with this class because it requires much more.

It is comical how players who are so “unbiased” always favor the classes which have it the easiest. But I expected to get this from this post anyways, which is also why I made it.

I see largely all comments favoring the Knights and Vanguards, which is just the most rediculous thing ever on this forum.

• @Atanar:

But most archers just do neither. They fire in melee groups, hitting their own team members as often as the enemy, do far-duels with other noob archers or just fire in the blue and hope to hit something.

Its funny because in 95% of my games the problem is the Vanguards and Knights with 2-handers swing all teammates to death.

But I guess thats a “special case” for me, and it really is the Archers TK’ing everyone.

Yeah Right.

• To be fair, i’ve tk’d my fair share of team mates while ive been playing as an archer. 90% of the time it’s because they walk into your line of sight… resulting in death and a shitload of abuse. Seriously, don’t walk in front of archers when they’re aiming. It wont end well.

• Yes of course and so have I, so have everyone which just makes it even more stupid to call out archers as being the TK’ers from hell.

Especially when you compare with the others… geez. :?

• @ImpossibleShot:

Yes of course and so have I, so have everyone which just makes it even more stupid to call out archers as being the TK’ers from hell.

Especially when you compare with the others… geez. :?

You are fighting strawmen all the time. Good Job. I didn’t say they tk a lot (only feels like 20% of all team damage). But that is because they rarely hit at all because of the distance. I just say they are not very effective that way. Ever noticed how much unpredictable motion there is in the regular melee fight? No way your arrow is goint to hit the right guy unless you are very close by.

And keep in mind, I am talking about noobs.