Allow blocking with a bow

• I think you should be able to do a block with a bow as long as it is not drawn.
    It may just save the neck of an archer out of time to switch weapons without being overpowered.
    There is really no reason why you shouldn’t be able to block with a bow.
    It fits with the more close fire support role of the Archer.
    There is no conflict in key binding as long as the bow is not drawn.

there is no real reason why you shouldn’t be able to.

• Yes, and blocking with a bow is semi-possible cuz you can block a sword with a wooden club about the width of a bow.
    Sounds cool.

• I prefer the idea of a bow bash like in Skyrim.

• …and the bow can parry a maul just like little wimpy daggers!

• @Slaughtervomit:

…and the bow can parry a maul just like little wimpy daggers!

Or have it break the wooden bow… 1 free chance to live? Have to find an ammo chest to get a new one…

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

Or have it break the wooden bow… 1 free chance to live? Have to find an ammo chest to get a new one…

My biased opinion screams “no” lolol

• @Slaughtervomit:

@ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

My biased opinion screams “no” lolol

I thought that you would be all for it because then you could hit them a 2nd time and ruin their week. :?

• No.

• Hell no.

• With the mechanics the way they are aim and parry are bound to the same button by default, thus this would be impossible to have implemented w/o changing the keybinds.

That aside, I"m not particularly for this. It could allow for 1 parry and breaks afterwards forcing you to use your 2ndary. However, you should have switched to your 2ndary in the first place. Thus, it’s pointless. If you aren’t smart enough to switch to a melee wpn or back-pedal and shoot, you should been beheaded.

• -1 …

• @tlbww:

With the mechanics the way they are aim and parry are bound to the same button by default, thus this would be impossible to have implemented w/o changing the keybinds.

That aside, I"m not particularly for this. It could allow for 1 parry and breaks afterwards forcing you to use your 2ndary. However, you should have switched to your 2ndary in the first place. Thus, it’s pointless. If you aren’t smart enough to switch to a melee wpn or back-pedal and shoot, you should been beheaded.

Its not pointless, if someone takes you by surprise after you fire a shot you can block him, if you had to switch weapons you couldn’t, and the idea that the bow should break is bs considering a bow is not really much weaker then the wood of a polearm especially not in the middle.

• Then after the bow is hit it snaps in half. thats what would happen in real life.

• NO, you can’t block with a bow, ? I’m sorry but a BIG SWORD that swings with it’s weight, will go through the bow and you…

This game, likes to be as realistic as it can, I’m sure in history, bow blocking was regarded as stupid.

I can see what you want to implement, but this is just the consequence of being an archer.

If you want melee to melee you should be a melee class, If your ranged don’t expect much frontal combat, and when it does appear, you better bring out your secondary QUICKER. it’s down to the player to switch weapons, earlier in order to block.

• Are you serious… The archers are already amazingly stupid with maul-blocking butter knives.

• Yeeaaah no I don’t really like this idea
    Archers, beyond the armor and limited weapons, don’t really have any disadvantages in melee combat if the player is skilled enough, making the class more forgiving is just going to give an unneeded edge to the class

The mechanics as they are force the archers to make a choice between firing another shot and pulling out a weapon and being relatively safe from the first hit, choices are good right?