Filter for 1st person servers only

• I am pretty sure that this has been suggested before.

Add this option to server browser so we can see servers forcing 1st person camera.

That is how I play and I don’t like to fight against people who use 3rd person camera which gives them numerous advantages!

• Then learn to play 3rd person.

This suggestion is ridiculous.

• It’s not ridiculous at all. Some people just prefer to play 1st person.

All I can suggest is to just type in 1st or first into the filter and maybe some servers will have put it in their server name. Mostly though, you won’t know.

I don’t think you can filter it out otherwise, unless the servers specifically say so in their server name.

• @JHoersten2:

Then learn to play 3rd person.

Your comment makes me want to disembowel myself with a rusty spoon…

As for the OP, YES PLEASE! I want to fight against players who dont have a 180 degree Field of view that surpasses the 1st person view.

• @JHoersten2:

Then learn to play 3rd person.

I tried 3rd person and I felt like I was cheating.

I would camp corners peaking around without anybody being able to see me. Than I would jump out and spammed everyone to death not giving them a chance to block. Also, fighting in crowds was less difficult since you could see what people are doing almost behind you. The whole experience was less enjoyable.

This is exactly the reason why I want to lock myself out of the servers which do not force 1st person view.

@Kimiko:

All I can suggest is to just type in 1st or first into the filter and maybe some servers will have put it in their server name. Mostly though, you won’t know.

I don’t think you can filter it out otherwise, unless the servers specifically say so in their server name.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that. I know you can not filter it out right now, but I was hoping that they would include this filter in future patch.

• Indeed, just because 3th person view may give an advantage does not make it more fun to play, its a lot more immersive in first person and it just feels a lot more personal. I personally don’t get why the game needed 3th person in the first place, it may be fair but it gives you an advantage for something that is less fun.

• @qlum:

Indeed, just because 3th person view may give an advantage does not make it more fun to play, its a lot more immersive in first person and it just feels a lot more personal. I personally don’t get why the game needed 3th person in the first place, it may be fair but it gives you an advantage for something that is less fun.

Third person was part of the engine. It was just left on by default with the option to disable it for those who might prefer it. Certain advantages were assumed, hence the option to disable - but removing it from the game just seemed like a waste, since clearly some people do enjoy it.

Anyway I agree filtering by perspective would be a useful feature, benefiting both first person and third person players. There are quite a few clan servers out there which have third disabled, so third person players also run the risk of joining a server that has their perspective disabled without the filter.

• @Kulin_ban:

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that. I know you can not filter it out right now, but I was hoping that they would include this filter in future patch.

No problem. Hopefully it can be implemented, we’ll just have to wait and see. For now, good luck on your journey! ^_^

• 3d person doesn’t give any advantages.
    If you mean that they see more around them, you get the same in 1st person in form of sound ^^
    I mean you seriously can’t be sneaked up upon in this game with the footsteps and the yelling and then grunting and… yeah

I’d rather say you’re left with a disadvantage playing in 3rd person mode, you can’t block properly and making accurate swings is harder, especially when it comes to bypass your opponents blocks.

Edit: and it sucks that everybody is trying to shape this game out of their experience as complete noobs with no idea whatsoever what the game is like once you learn it. In this one it’s all assumptions that 3rd person is better just because you suck in 1st person as you can’t play it properly. Once you do it’s much better than 3rd person and that is fact due to numerous reasons and yes in TO/FFA as well not just duels. The visibility in 3rd person mode is a gimick, with keen senses and knowledge of the game and its weapons you achieve the same results in 1st person mode + enhanced aiming/blocking.

Sure I don’t really care if the filter is there but to complain about a thing like this is just a waste of time.

• 3rd person is great. Using it all the time… tired of discussing this.

But I agree with OP. Please let us filter 1st person, so I don’t get stuck in 1st person only servers anymore :)

• @kywild:

3d person doesn’t give any advantages…I’d rather say you’re left with a disadvantage playing in 3rd person mode…and it sucks that everybody is trying to shape this game out of their experience as complete noobs …In this one it’s all assumptions that 3rd person is better just because you suck in 1st person as you can’t play it properly

First of all, if you were talking to me, I am not trying to get 1st person perspective disabled because I have already seen that lobbying for it would be beating a dead horse. I am trying to find a way to filter 1st person servers so I can enjoy myself more. Servers forcing 1st person are minority and it is hard to find them.

I also don’t think you have a clue and you also complain about assumptions while you, yourself assume people are “complete noobs”.

Finally, you must be blind to not see numerous advantages to 3rd person perspective: better battle awareness due to bigger field of view(easier to fight in groups, you can almost see what people are doing directly behind you), peaking behind corners without exposing yourself, shooting out of foliage as archer/crossbowman without exposing yourself, easier to defending against facehugging spammers because you can see always see their weapon, shields not blocking your view, etc.

For me it is almost cheating to use it, that is why I want to play on servers where everyone has same conditions.

• +1 Like this idea or even a generic filter for server that have certain locks / restrictions to them

• Yes, please. pretty please.
    With sugar on top.

• Listen. The OP was asking if there is a filter because he prefers 1st person.

There is NO NEED to discuss your reasons for using 3rd person, blah blah blah.

So leave it at that. There are other topics out there discussing 1st/3rd person wars. Go there.

Thanks.