[SOLVED] Open Game, Will Not Respond

• Whenever I open the game through Steam, it crashes at the loading banner and stops responding. I’ve tried verifying cache integrity, I’ve run the Redist files, I’ve run the game directly instead of through Steam, but absolutely nothing works. It’s nothing hardware related after my recent RAM upgrade, so I’ve got absolutely no clue what on Earth it could be. I also have no clue where my Launch.log and DxDiag.txt files are located to post. I don’t want to be wasting money on a game I cannot play, so could someone help me out?

• @Total-Tortilla:

Whenever I open the game through Steam, it crashes at the loading banner and stops responding. I’ve tried verifying cache integrity, I’ve run the Redist files, I’ve run the game directly instead of through Steam, but absolutely nothing works. It’s nothing hardware related after my recent RAM upgrade, so I’ve got absolutely no clue what on Earth it could be. I also have no clue where my Launch.log and DxDiag.txt files are located to post. I don’t want to be wasting money on a game I cannot play, so could someone help me out?

Did you also run DXSETUP.exe from DXRedistCutdown folder?

The Launch.log will be in this folder (if you’ve been able to launch the game successfully): Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

You can get DxDiag.txt by clicking the start button, type in dxdiag and open dxdiag.exe that shows up in the search results, and click Save All Information from the app. This generates the DxDiag.txt that you can attach in a reply here.

• Yes I did. Nothing changed. I forgot to mention that every time I open the game it attempts to perform the First Time Installations that Steam adores so much, but it never finishes what it’s doing.

It appears as though I haven’t at all been able to launch the game successfully, as the Logs folder doesn’t exist. I did make the DxDiag.txt, so I’ll attach it and pray it helps me somehow.

• @Total-Tortilla:

Yes I did. Nothing changed. I forgot to mention that every time I open the game it attempts to perform the First Time Installations that Steam adores so much, but it never finishes what it’s doing.

It appears as though I haven’t at all been able to launch the game successfully, as the Logs folder doesn’t exist. I did make the DxDiag.txt, so I’ll attach it and pray it helps me somehow.

Mmmm Parallels. How many CPU cores are you giving the VM?

• @ReMixx:

@Total-Tortilla:

Yes I did. Nothing changed. I forgot to mention that every time I open the game it attempts to perform the First Time Installations that Steam adores so much, but it never finishes what it’s doing.

Mmmm Parallels. How many CPU cores are you giving the VM?

…might help if I give it access to both, huh?
    Man, I always miss the littlest things.

EDIT: IT WORKED! SCIENCE!

Thanks for the tip, man. We can go ahead and list this as solved or whatever.

• @Total-Tortilla:

SCIENCE!

See you on the battlefield :k1: