Server works, but not listed in server search

• This thread discuss many issues and how to fix them:
    viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3137
    But I think I need to start a new thread.

I was able to get the dedicated server working. I’m running the server on the same computer I’m using to play myself. I can connect directly using the ‘open’ command in the console, and so can my friends. I’ve also had some random people connect, but they claimed that they got sent to my server incorrectly, that they chose to join another server but somehow found their way to mine.

As far as I can tell my server never gets listed in the in-game server search. I also don’t find it when searching on game-monitor.com.

I have a launcher batch-file that looks like this:

set PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32;%PATH%

:: launch without logging
    UDK.exe AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27025 -maxplayers=12 -multihome=192.168.1.16

:: launch with logging
    :: UDKLogging.exe AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -log=C:\chivalryserverlog\server.log -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27025 -maxplayers=12 -multihome=192.168.1.16

In file “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config\PCServer-UDKGame.ini” I made the following configurations:

#Maplist=AOCTO-Hillside_P
    #Maplist=AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
    #Maplist=AOCLTS-Arena3_p
    #Maplist=AOCTO-Darkforest_p
    #Maplist=AOCTO-Stoneshill_P
    #Maplist=AOCLTS-Moor_p
    Maplist=AOCFFA-ThroneRoomXL_P
    #Maplist=AOCKOTH-Arena3_p
    #Maplist=AOCTD-StoneshillVillage_P
    #Maplist=AOCFFA-Moor_p
    #Maplist=AOCLTS-ThroneRoom_P
    #Maplist=AOCTD-Ruins_P
    #Maplist=AOCLTS-StoneshillVillage_P
    #Maplist=AOCKOTH-Moor_p
    #Maplist=AOCFFA-StoneshillVillage_P
    #Maplist=AOCLTS-Ruins_P
    #Maplist=AOCFFA-Ruins_P
    #Maplist=AOCKOTH-Hillside_P
    #Maplist=AOCTD-ThroneRoom_P
    Maplist=AOCFFA-Arena3_p

ServerName="|Duels| Super Clan"

MessageOfTheDay="Welcome to the Super Clan server. Prepare to die."

AdminPassword=myPass

In file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config\PCServer-UDKEngine.ini I updated QuryPort to 27025 (using this query port instead because it was recommended by this post.

Here is what I’ve observed:

1. The server launches. Here is an example log output
    [0004.21] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Cloud\CloudStorage.ini
    [0004.22] Log: LoadMap: AOCFFA-Arena3_P?Name=Player?Team=255?steamsockets
    [0004.24] Log: Game class is 'AOCFFA'
    [0004.24] Init: WinSock: Socket queue 131072 / 131072
    [0004.24] Init: WinSock: Socket queue 131072 / 131072
    [0004.24] Log: Initialized RedirectNetDriver, for redirecting IP connections to Steam sockets
    [0004.25] Log: NetMode is now 1
    [0004.25] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [0004.25] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [0004.26] Log: Bringing World aocffa-arena3_p.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2012.11.30-14.18.04
    [0004.27] Log: Initializing Steam game server
    [0004.37] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.124427
    [0004.37] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 0.155660 seconds
    [0004.37] Init: Game engine initialized
    [0004.37] Log: Initializing Game Engine Completed
    [0004.44] Log: Flushing async loaders.
    [0004.51] Log: Flushed async loaders.
    [0004.51] Log: FKAggregateGeom::InstanceNovodexGeom: (Actor: aoclts-arena2_art.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshCollectionActor_4 Component: StaticMeshActor_S
    MC_1110 StaticMesh: CHV_general_props.Static_Meshes.books.SM_writing_quill) No geometries in FKAggregateGeom.
    [0004.51] Log: URB_BodyInstance::InitBody : Could not create new Shape: Actor: aoclts-arena2_art.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.StaticMeshCollectionActor_4 Component:
     StaticMeshActor_SMC_1110 StaticMesh: CHV_general_props.Static_Meshes.books.SM_writing_quill
    [0004.53] Log: UPhysicsAssetInstance::InitInstance : Actor has non-uniform scaling: AOCDeathSpike_30
    [0004.53] Log: UPhysicsAssetInstance::InitInstance : Actor has non-uniform scaling: AOCDeathSpike_32
    [0005.68] Log: Steam game server UID: 90085640379966465
    [0015.39] DevPhysics: Error (1) in file ..\..\Physics\src\NpActor.cpp, line 272: Actor::setLinearVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!
    [0015.39] DevPhysics: Error (1) in file ..\..\Physics\src\NpActor.cpp, line 287: Actor::setAngularVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!
    [0015.39] Log: StartOnlineGame() LAN Match: 0
    [0015.39] Log: StartInternetGame() 1

1. I can’t find my server by searching in-game. Neither can friends.
    2. I can connect to it from the console. When I or friends connect, the title of the server console window updates with the right amount of players, so I know I’m on the right server
    3. If I enter “AdminLogin <my password=”">" in the console, I don’t get any messages acknowledging that I now have admin access, nor is any message broadcast to in game chat.
    4. Maps load that are commented out in my map list in PCServer-UDKGame.ini. Notice AOCTO-Hillside_P:
    [1139.67] Log: SeamlessTravel to: [b][u]AOCTO-Hillside_P[/u][/b]
    [1139.84] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [1139.84] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [1139.84] Log: Bringing World envyentry.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2012.11.30-14.36.59
    [1139.84] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.003302
    [1147.10] Log: Game class is 'AOCTeamObjective'
    [1147.11] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [1147.11] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [1147.11] Log: Bringing World aocto-hillside_p.TheWorld up for play (30) at 2012.11.30-14.37.07
    [1147.13] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.030892
    [1147.14] Log: Flushing async loaders.
    [1147.22] Log: Read config file: ..\..\UDKGame\Localization\INT\aocto-hillside_game.INT
    [1147.55] Log: Flushed async loaders.

1. While connected to my own server’s game, the server console sometimes shows this message, not sure if it is expected:
    [0556.50] NetComeGo: Close IpNetDriverSteamworks_1 IpNetConnectionSteamworks_1 <my ip="" address="">:61929 11/30/12 14:27:16</my>

1. The command I use for UDKLogging.exe, the one that specifies a log file, that log file never gets created.

Information about my network

I’m running this on a residential internet connection. I know some ports are blocked at the ISP level, such as port 80. Port 80 is listed in PCServer-UDKEngine.ini:

[IPDrv.WebServer]
    ListenPort=80
    ```Initially I set up port forwarding my router for ports 7777, 7778, and 27015 to my machine (ip 192.168.1.16 as expected.) After reading [this post](http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3137&p=53707) I changed my QueryPort to 27025 in my launcher command in my bat file, and also in PCServer-UDKEngine.ini and updated the router port fowarding. This also didn't work, so I configured a DMZ on my router for the server (so in theory no ports are blocked at all), this still didn't work.

Anyone know what's going on here? Why does it seem like the settings in my ini files are being ignored? Why doesn't the server get registered publicly?

**Side note:** I get some weird behavior running the game's server search that my friends don't when they play at home, but they do have the same weirdness if they bring their laptops over to my place. The in-game server search is very flaky - too many filters and it just stops working. Getting it to work again requires you to exit STEAM, not just the Chivalry game. The problem is similar to what's described in[this post](http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6025), but not exactly since the search does indeed work some of the time (especially if not doing any filtering). So I wouldn't be surprised if all my problems are environmental somehow (network or ISP).</my>

• Ok I got things working for the most part.

Issue #1: configs made in .ini files seemed to not take.
    Turns out it helps a lot if edit the right config files. I was configuring file in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common*chivalrymedievalwarfare*\UDKGame\Config
    Should have been configuring the ones under here instead since I’m running the dedicated server:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common*chivalry_ded_server*\UDKGame\Config

Issue #2: my server isn’t getting listed in the server search
    If i get my home router out of the picture and connect my machine directly to my cable modem, this works just fine. It takes about 10 minutes to get listed, in my experience. I don’t know why my router is screwing things up - port fowarding is set up ok, tried a DMZ, went though all the router options looking for something that might messing with it, no luck. So for now I’ll assume I need to bypass my router whenever I want to run the server. Not ideal, but this forum isn’t for networking help.

I might make a simple gui program for the dedicated server to help my friends out. If I do I’ll post on github and link here in case anyone else is interested.