Community issue - Game performance

• Good day user.

Thanks for taking your time.
    I love the game. Apart from small things ONE thing stops me from enjoying it the way I could.
    I can´t get stable 62 fps for 66% of the time playing (my system is good enough for 90% of all games out there, easily)
    It highly affects my gaming experience, my enjoyment and the **outcome of fights.

The aim of this is to get possible community needs of a better polished, faster running game on the DEV´s agenda by giving an overview about how good/bad the game performs.

I would like you to choose a poll option and PREFERABLY quickly tell your system specs, specially PCs that are not older then 1 year. 24 + Players servers only!

This is NOT meant as:
    A) A help thread for solving technical issues -> Check Support for that
    B) A place for missleading info about other subjects

I understand there is other things the DEV´s have to work on too, but the sales proof the game is worth it. I know it is. But I would also know if there is official plans / thoughts on actions to make the game run smoother for the paying crowds.

If this is considered a useless thread, feel free to say so and why you think so :D

• Performance is sub-par and will most likely not be fixed until a decent amount of time. There really isn’t a reason to complain or talk about this any longer.

• Game runs pretty smooth for me:

Avg FPS: 80-90

CPU: Intel Core i7-3960X, 3.30GHz - (Hex-core, Overclocked to 4.0ghz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X79 UD3
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 16GB, (4x4096mb, 667mhz)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590, 3GB (1535mb, 607MHz across two chips on the one card)
    PSU: Corsair 1050w - (Exact model unknown, probably a HX1050, can check if need be)
    Hard Drive: Samsung HD103SJ 1TB (260gb free) 7200 RPM
    Monitor: 24" 3d Widescreen, 1920x1080

Other Specs:
    Cooling: Corsair H80 Water Cooling (Processor Only)
    Connection Speed: 40Mbps Download, 10Mbps Upload - Broadband
    Speakers / Microphone: Sennheiser PC360 Headset

Note: For those of you with a 120hz monitor, the engine locks the game to 62 FPS as standard. You can change this by changing “MaxSmoothedFrameRate” from 62 to 120 in: My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

• @BobT36:

Game runs pretty smooth for me:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590, 3GB (1535mb, 607MHz across two chips on the one card)
    PSU: Corsair 1050w - (Exact model unknown, probably a HX1050, can check if need be)
    Monitor: 20" Widescreen, 1680x1050, 16:10

Other Specs:

Note: For those of you with a 120hz monitor, the engine locks the game to 62 FPS as standard. You can change this by changing “MaxSmoothedFrameRate” from 62 to 120, in: My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

Hey wanna brag some more? :roll:

;)

• to me performance gets bad as player amounts goes up :(

in 32 players server i play with like 20-30 fps with some spikes under the 20. :(

AMD FX-4100 with 8 giga ram and GTX560.

Funny thing is that even reducing the settings the fps dont go up, so i just let everything maxed as it makes no real difference and makes the game looks REALLY bad.

EDIT: several people blamed my processor but it hold really well in every other game and even in chivalry the CPU usage never goes beyond 80%.

Maibe an optimization problem with AMD processors? i have seen that most people (not all) people with performance issues use AMD processor and windows7 64bits.

• Smooth as silk for me, have not had any fps problems since I optimized my computer, I don’t understand how it can run perfectly for me but other people have fps problems and its not on their end?

• @Bigamo:

to me performance gets bad as player amounts goes up :(

in 32 players server i play with like 20-30 fps with some spikes under the 20. :(

Funny thing is that even reducing the settings the fps dont go up, so i just let everything maxed as it makes no real difference and makes the game looks REALLY bad.

EDIT: several people blamed my processor but it hold really well in every other game and even in chivalry the CPU usage never goes beyond 80%.

Maibe an optimization problem with AMD processors? i have seen that most people (not all) people with performance issues use AMD processor and windows7 64bits.

Have the same cpu, same 8 Gb ram and my gpu is the HIS 6870 turbo, my OS is Windows 8 64bits.

Have the same problem like you, i think this game is not optimized for AMD because in other games i don´t have this problem.

So i play only in servers with 24 players max. though i never reach the 60fps, but better then play in 32,48 or 64 servers, those servers are unplayable for me, always play under 20 fps.

• I ve seen this developer video.

Frankly…just by the way he looks down while saying they want to improve performance…yes…they want it maybe…but have no idea how to.

Was the same with Red Orchestra 2. Sport AMD…be fucked.

Anyways. Hope this small team can prove me wrong :D
    In the meantime…more votes. (And more gore…mooore…)

• I haven’t noticed it enough for it to have any effect on my gameplay.

Currently the lag/ping is my greatest enemy :P

• I haven’t had any issues, but I don’t know my specs either… I’m not very computer literate! >3<

• @BobT36:

Game runs pretty smooth for me:

Monitor: 20" Widescreen, 1680x1050, 16:10

Other Specs:

Note: For those of you with a 120hz monitor, the engine locks the game to 62 FPS as standard. You can change this by changing “MaxSmoothedFrameRate” from 62 to 120 in: My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

Only 80-90 with a 590 @ 1680x1050? That should throw up some red flags for you. Unless SLI isn’t enabled/supported for this game yet, them it seems about right.

Personally, I haven’t played on my desktop since the first day it came out(in process of moving) never dropped below 62 all settings maxed @ 1080p

CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
    RAM: 8gb DDR3 1600
    GPU: GTX 670FTW @ 1275/7012

Been playing on my laptop 99% of my playtime. Depending on the level I’m playing, I’m usually looking at 12-25ish fps on all lowest settings @ 1366x768 :(

CPU: AMD Turion II M520 @ 2.3ghz
    RAM: 4gb DDR2 800
    GPU: HD 4650m

• 120 fps

• @Emerald:

I haven’t had any issues, but I don’t know my specs either… I’m not very computer literate! >3<

Start -> Search -> Dxdiag

I’ve finally got some new parts coming soon, so I can hopefully enjoy Chivalry at full detail without crippling myself to 10 fps :D I get above 40 (up to 60 on moor) on minimum, but I miss all the shiny.

Also, here’s a severely tweaked down config, for anyone who’s seriously struggling on FPS and doesn’t mind the game looking terrible. Stick it in documents/my games/chivalry medieval warfare/udkgame/config[attachment=0:3nmk332c]UDKSystemSettings.ini[/attachment:3nmk332c]

• Thx Sly.
    Download s speak for their self’s.

New parts….soon…yes… What did you get?

More votes!

• I agree, biggest issue (only big issue really tbh) i have with the game, high details looks great and runs good enough on most new&powerful machines but it just doesn’t scale down well at all.

i7 2670
    8GB Ram
    Radeon 6770

lowest details and “viewmode unlit” makes it playable, >40fps even in the thick of things (>22fps in highest details) which is just a bad look when in other recent games (even UE3 games) i can turn down the graphics to a point where it doesn’t leave triple digit fps at all.

@vMega:

I ve seen this developer video.

Frankly…just by the way he looks down while saying they want to improve performance…yes…they want it maybe…but have no idea how to.

Was the same with Red Orchestra 2. Sport AMD…be fucked.

Anyways. Hope this small team can prove me wrong :D
    In the meantime…more votes. (And more gore…mooore…)

I get the same feeling, he gives a typical answer you hear all the time from schooled pr people when they either aren’t really trying or don’t have anything to show for their efforts, let’s hope we’re wrong ;)

• @venomblade:

Only 80-90 with a 590 @ 1680x1050? That should throw up some red flags for you. Unless SLI isn’t enabled/supported for this game yet, them it seems about right.

Its stable at that, and is fine for me. :)

Whoops I forgot to update that though, now have a 24" Widescreen with 3d. Running at 1920x1080.

• 62 fps smooth with this carcrash of a cfg. lol. looks like shit. plays smooth. thx.

• Game runs perfectly on my pc, I actually expected worse performance.I get 50-60 fps at the highest settings possible and the game looks better than many bigger titles.

i7 930 @3.6ghz
    6gb DD3 1600mhz
    5850 1GB
    Asus P6T

• @Bigamo:

to me performance gets bad as player amounts goes up :(

When changing the graphics settings doesnt make a difference thats a sing of a bottleneck.At what speed are you running that CPU?