Lower minimum mouse sensetivity and more precise control.

• For most people the current settings work however they don’t for me. The reason is that I deploy a mechanic of low ingame/in windows sensitivity combined with max dpi on the mouse itself for maximum precision, this works fine in most games and while I can still manually set it to 3 which is about what I would want it I’d rather be able to tweak it ingame. In addition to that I only have a 3600dpi mouse so people using the same technique with a higher dpi mouse the problem will be bigger.

This brings me to my second point, to see how high I have the sensitivity I need to save the settings and go back, there is no way to see the actual number while still in settings. I would like this to change. This is especially important for me because I of how low on the scale I am the difference between lets say a 5 and a 6 are quite large, a lot more then what you would have between a 51 and a 52.

• Due to the type of movements you perform in a game like chivalry I am sorry to say that you will make more precise movements with low dpi (say 400-1000) because you still need a high sens to be able to play properly and be able to block 1 hand weapons in time, and a relatively fast sensitivity (low ingame + superhigh dpi) will result in a ton of jitter unless you are playing in a completely sterile room without a single dust particle siting on your mousepad. And if you have a mouse with any sort of heavy jitter reduction your mouse is still guessing a ton and you won’t receive high precision.

With a low dpi and higher ingame sensitivity you will be able to stop dead on target, with high dpi you’d need some sort of reverse mouse acceleration to achieve this result. But eh, the jitter alone is enough not to do it.

And before somebody says something about my mouse being shit I am currently on a steelseries sensei pro, my previous before that was a xai, before that the zowie ec2, before that the death adder, before that a few mx518/510’s and intellimouse explorer 3.0’s. So yes I know quite a bit about the results of different mouse sensor techniques since I’m addicted to tweaking everything to perfection.

And I’m sorry if I sound like a douchebag or anything, I have a hard time sounding sincere of course you are entitled to your opinion and im not saying it’s not working for you… I just erm… tried… giving advice lol

• Oh and one other thing since you are conserned about mouse accuracy.
    You should NEVER set windows sensitivity to anythign else than 6/11 (default, middle) becasue that will interpolate(lower)/extrapolate(higher) every mousemovement you make and have some really wierd results in some games combined with different DPI settings.

In your case, having it low it pretty much means “My grandma gave me 5 cookies, but I threw 4 away cuz im on a diet”. Windows ignores every few mouse readings.

• in all my time browsing various hardware forums i have never heard of lower windows sense + high dpi = better “precision”
    with the exception of the deathadder which requires 1800 dpi to function properly (with normal windows sense)

so in agreeance with the poster above i recommend you finding your sense with normal windows sensitivity

• @kwazi:

in all my time browsing various hardware forums i have never heard of lower windows sense + high dpi = better “precision”
    with the exception of the deathadder which requires 1800 dpi to function properly (with normal windows sense)

so in agreeance with the poster above i recommend you finding your sense with normal windows sensitivity

with lower windows sensitivity I only meant one step down from middle, I set it to middle now and my mouse works fine in windows, however the problem ingame remains, I play first person games on quite low sensitivity while I play but in windows I have it quite high to navigate the 3 screens fast. Furthermore as said with the bad shit windows does, it doesn’t affect most games as they ignore what windows says anyway for good reason. Regardless of how wrong you think this is, I see no real reason to change it, especially since I am bound to a very specific sensitivity in the rhythm game osu! even a small offset will require hours of gameplay just to adjust myself properly to it.

But no matter the reason I know I am not the only one with issues having this, so I find it only logical that something can be done about it in game, my two points are both not very hard to implement, possibly only a few small config changes and the second point I made is useful for everyone.

• @qlum:

@kwazi:

in all my time browsing various hardware forums i have never heard of lower windows sense + high dpi = better “precision”

with lower windows sensitivity I only meant one step down from middle, I set it to middle now and my mouse works fine in windows, however the problem ingame remains, I play first person games on quite low sensitivity while I play but in windows I have it quite high to navigate the 3 screens fast. Furthermore as said with the bad shit windows does, it doesn’t affect most games as they ignore what windows says anyway for good reason. Regardless of how wrong you think this is, I see no real reason to change it, especially since I am bound to a very specific sensitivity in the rhythm game osu! even a small offset will require hours of gameplay just to adjust myself properly to it.

But no matter the reason I know I am not the only one with issues having this, so I find it only logical that something can be done about it in game, my two points are both not very hard to implement, possibly only a few small config changes and the second point I made is useful for everyone.

Yeah by all means I’m not saying they shouldn’t fix it. Just gave you my two cents about mouse precision. Which you are free to ignore =)