Why do some attacks 'push' players?

• I need a definite answer to this. Some weapons and attacks push players around when they block. What is the game mechanic behind this? Clearly the game doesn’t take weapon mass into calculation, so is it the attack damage type? (blunt,slash) Or something else?

Not Vanguard charge. Not shield bash or kick. Not when stamina is empty or low.

Maul slash and stab push people far. But smaller weapon like a dagger doesn’t. So why do some attacks and some weapons do this?

• @boomandvibe:

I need a definite answer to this. Some weapons and attacks push players around when they block. What is the game mechanic behind this? Clearly the game doesn’t take weapon mass into calculation, so is it the attack damage type? (blunt,slash) Or something else?

The charge attacks for vanguard are supposed to have a pushback… I think another thing is something about stamina being gone makes you dazed for a short period of time…

• @Slaughtervomit:

@boomandvibe:

I need a definite answer to this. Some weapons and attacks push players around when they block. What is the game mechanic behind this? Clearly the game doesn’t take weapon mass into calculation, so is it the attack damage type? (blunt,slash) Or something else?

The charge attacks for vanguard are supposed to have a pushback… I think another thing is something about stamina being gone makes you dazed for a short period of time…

Not vanguard charge or when stamina is empty or low.

• You’re not talking about the kick or the shield bash, are you? :?

• @The:

You’re not talking about the kick or the shield bash, are you? :?

I can’t tell if you are trolling or not. Not shield bash or kick.

I clearly said weapon attack.

• I get that too. Sometimes i get pushed around when blocking a weapon and I still have stamina left. It probably depends on your enemies weapon and I mostly remember being pushed by spear and bardiche weapons. I bet martin or slygoat would know this mechanic ^^

• @boomandvibe:

@The:

You’re not talking about the kick or the shield bash, are you? :?

I can’t tell if you are trolling or not. Not shield bash or kick.

I clearly said weapon attack.

Well then if it’s no kick, bash, stamina, or charge. I don’t think there is such a thing.
    Or maybe with the maul.
    I do remember being killed by some luckers that were completely out of reach when they began their attack but then hit me because they were pushed forward by an attack coming from behind. :|

• Polearms push back on block. I’ve also pushed people when I hit them for no reason. And I’m talking a substantial amount.

Only stabs though.

• @MUSASHI:

Polearms push back on block. I’ve also pushed people when I hit them for no reason. And I’m talking a substantial amount.

Only stabs though.

Yes I’m quite sure it only happens with thrust / stab attacks

• I think I understand what OP is talking about. For me, it seems random at times. Thrusts can sometimes send players flying 20 feet away, whether they blocked or were attacked from behind. Nothing is more annoying than sneaking around people, pushing them away from you with an attack, and alerting the entire enemy team. Doesn’t happen too often, but when it does it could be frustrating for some.

I can easily understand bigger weapons having some sort of push impact - but I’ve ran up to people and bonked their shield with an axe, causing them to nearly fall off a bridge or cliff. I can also understand if you hit someone mid air that they would get sent backwards a few feet. I just don’t like when people are standing still and get pushed quite a distance which ruins the following killing strike. Hopefully we’ll get some sort of accurate answer.

• @MUSASHI:

Polearms push back on block. I’ve also pushed people when I hit them for no reason. And I’m talking a substantial amount.

Only stabs though.

Swords sometimes push on block too. Polearms don’t always push on stab either.

• @Simply:

I can also understand if you hit someone mid air that they would get sent backwards a few feet.

If you jump forward and get hit by someone with a baseball bat in the gut while you’re in the air, do you really expect to suddenly change momentum and get pushed back?

• I haven’t unlocked the baseball bat, so I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

What I’m saying is, I’ve ran into instances where the person I’m fighting is trying to jump around while swinging. Now if we were fighting, and I jammed a giant pole into your chest just as you jump, you’re obviously going to get pushed backwards. I’m not talking about a rushing Vanguard getting pushed back from a counter attack. Perhaps I wasn’t too clear on the type of combat going on in that statement.

• Pretty RNG to be honest. Annyoing as fuck.
    Cannot understand why they put rng in a game where skill matters.

Sometimes i just push back the opponent with my longsword (doesent matter what attack type)
    Sometimes I get pushed back randomly. Doesent matter how/when you block, it just happens