Trolls, no balance to the game because of…...

• OK here is my issue. Chivalry is almost a fun game, the problem is that there is no separation between the people who play 4 hours a week and the people who play 12 hours a day. I have nothing against people who don’t have anything else to do, but I don’t want my job and family life to make me an unsuccessful player. I like to play football in the back yard, but I would not last long against the Dallas Cowboys. The setup makes the game fun for the players who log 50+ hours a week gaming, but not really for anyone else. Until this is fixed, I’ll just believe that I wasted money on your product and play something else.

• 1. Practicing a game makes you a troll? Your titel is malicious to people who regularly practice at the game and have more experience.

2. As a pubstomper, I don’t agree that there should be seperation of noobs and elites. (biased opinion here)

3. You really can’t expect to pick up a competitive online game and master it instantly… Have you tried playing against bots? Did you do the tutorial?

• If playing against opponents of your same skill level is so important for you, try playing a game with some kind of ladder/ranking system. After some games you will be paired with people about your skill level, making games more balanced.

But if you want to improve at any game, you gotta play against opponents of superior skill, you will get better after every defeat and eventually, you will get even.

• @Wingy:

But if you want to improve at any game, you gotta play against opponents of superior skill, you will get better after every defeat and eventually, you will get even.

This is very true and why I dislike modern matchmaking systems. You only improve at the game when the matchmaking system “fails” and puts you against better players.

• @SlyGoat:

@Wingy:

This is very true and why I dislike modern matchmaking systems. You only improve at the game when the matchmaking system “fails” and puts you against better players.

Dota 2’s matchmaking system works fine. It allows bad players to simply have fun playing at their own level. It also allows you to move up if you really want to. Which is the entire point of a matchmaking system in the first place.

WC3’s also worked well until the population started dwindling and you had to wait 30+ minutes for a match if your ELL(bnet’s equivalent of MMR/ELO) got too high.

There’s nothing wrong with matchmaking it just wouldn’t work in Chivalry.

• The problem I see here is that there are people who dont find a game fun if they do not own everyone in the first 5 matches they play.Such people need to understand there is a learning curve and playing with more experienced players makes a great challenge to improve upon.When I get owned time and time again by a certain player , I honestly try to face him as much as I can and when I do manage to best him it feels great.My tip as others have said is to play against bots using all of the classes to find out which one you are better with and get to enjoy.Get a grip of the reach of each weapon, how much time it gets to wind up the attacks, how to block different attacks and how to stay alive as long as possible, then you should join the online matches.

These 2 videos are great to start with, dont give up , as time goes by you will improve.

tfpsoBX3EDk

llnRxtazljg

• @SlyGoat:

@Wingy:

Indeed, in addition to that I have the tendency to play a lot more sloppy against bad players and may even lose to them.

• Its like poker. If you wanna be on top you want to play the bad players(they make you win). If you wanna get on top you need to play the pro’s.(they learn you to get good)
    Easy as that…

• I’ve seen terrible rank 30 and skilled rank 0.
    Rank and time spent doesn’t mean much.

• This is not an idea / suggestion just someone crying about dying a lot you need to play more to get your skill up practice makes perfect. To complain about rank is meaningless because rank means nothing to the skill of the player it just means they played longer.

• I guess once the game goes competitive the really good players won’t play much on public servers anymore anyway…

• @afiNity:

I guess once the game goes competitive the really good players won’t play much on public servers anymore anyway…

Chivalry is not that popular to go competitive.

• @Wingy:

This is true of course, but I also wonder why those superior skilled players are not following a similar mindset and actively playing against even more superior skilled players instead of noobs? :D

Surely when you are the guy at the top of the team completely stomping the other it’s time to switch it up.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@afiNity:

I guess once the game goes competitive the really good players won’t play much on public servers anymore anyway…

How popular do you wanna have it? It’s in the top10 list of the best-selling games on steam since release and there are 5000 players playing it at the same time.

• @afiNity:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@afiNity:

How popular do you wanna have it? It’s in the top10 list of the best-selling games on steam since release and there are 5000 players playing it at the same time.

Ever since League of Legends, people seem to assume that “competitive” = “game that has millions of players”.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Chivalry has 20 times the amount of players Age of Chivalry had, and yet AoC had a competitive community.

• @AngryDave:

@Wingy:

This is true of course, but I also wonder why those superior skilled players are not following a similar mindset and actively playing against even more superior skilled players instead of noobs? :D

Surely when you are the guy at the top of the team completely stomping the other it’s time to switch it up.

Because of lack of matchmaking? Anyway there are unofficial duel servers, you’ll find many good players there. Even on pubbies the top players make unofficial ‘nemeses’ and usually end up squaring off against each other after cutting through the leas experienced.

• I think enough has been said on this

• @SlyGoat:

Ever since League of Legends, people seem to assume that “competitive” = “game that has millions of players”.

I played LoL once… It made me want to kill myself. What an awful game.

• This is a skill based game. There are plenty of servers you can go to with newer players that won’t destroy you. The only instance I can see you having issues in is certain dueling servers. But, the more you play, the better you get. Even if you don’t play often every day, after a few weeks you’ll be decapitating heads with the best of them.

Up to you if you want to keep practising, but there’s no hand holding here.