Does stamina apply to Vanguards?

• I noticed that a vanguard can swing endlessly and was wondering if there is amy sort of penalty to them doing so?

• Missing an attack with a twohander drains 20 stamina, meaning you can do it 5 times.

Starting a combo attack costs an extra 10 stamina. So missing a swing and a combo swing costs 50 stamina, meaning you can only miss 4 times with combos.

When out of stamina you can still swing, but you can’t combo, feint or kick, and blocking an attack while you have no stamina stuns you so you can’t counterattack. Other than not being able to combo, being out of stamina doesn’t matter much for spammers. But the lack of combo should be enough for you to beat them. There’s a long recovery for missing with a twohander if you don’t start a combo.

• Could you define a combo in chivalry please?

• @ZorisX:

Could you define a combo in chivalry please?

Have you played the tutorial?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@ZorisX:

Could you define a combo in chivalry please?

Have you played the tutorial?

Tutorial is horridly bugged since the new patch.

Combo-ing means chaining strikes together, you can do this by pressing another attack button during your swing, meaning you can rightswing-leftswing with minimal pause.

• Can you combo a swing into a kick/over head/thrust?

• @ZorisX:

Can you combo a swing into a kick/over head/thrust?

You can combo any 2 attacks together, as well as combo off of a successful parry, but not kicks.

• LOLS, I run out of stam all the time but not by swinging endlessly but by killing many people with my mighty stab that try and crouch my style. Nothing is more depressing than stabbing people to death till you run out of stam.

• @Retsnom:

LOLS, I run out of stam all the time but not by swinging endlessly but by killing many people with my mighty stab that try and crouch my style. Nothing is more depressing than stabbing people to death till you run out of stam.

A swing that hits cost no stamina, stop missing.

• I’ve never run out of stamina with any class other than MaA. Unless, of course, i’m running around jump kicking the air while doing 360s.

• @Fryseboks:

@Retsnom:

LOLS, I run out of stam all the time but not by swinging endlessly but by killing many people with my mighty stab that try and crouch my style. Nothing is more depressing than stabbing people to death till you run out of stam.

A swing that hits cost no stamina, stop missing.

LOLS you are so ignorant as in lack of knowledge…. There is lots of foot work, feinting, jumping, blocking, crouching, and sprinting combos of foot work that eats up stam when doing a lot of killing. Not just the occasional miss… I am talking KDR of 6/1 or better with final scores of 35-5 or better. This is not even mentioning fighting most of the battle with 1/3 health. That takes lots of parrying, feints, and stam management to do this well.

• Cant this just be tested by trying vanguard?

• @dal561:

Cant this just be tested by trying vanguard?

lols, Captain Obvious……

• @dal561:

Even if I’m low hp and stamina I can still decimate players. Seems like the class designed to usethe most of the stamina they have can function on a little to none basis.

• @ZorisX:

@dal561:

Even if I’m low hp and stamina I can still decimate players. Seems like the class designed to usethe most of the stamina they have can function on a little to none basis.

A lot of that could be skill against a lot of noobs. I cannot tell you how many maps I am playing with little to no health, 1/3 stam and still decimate.