An option to turn off the color gradient when your hp is low

• It’s so hard to see the enemy weapon when your hp is low. Can we get an option to disable this effect?

• Not only that, it’s hard to tell red from blue when all you can see is grey. I can’t count the number of times I’ve started attacking the wrong side by mistake as a result of the whole “color-draining-out-of-the-world” near death nonsense.

• I think the intention was sort of a blood-rage where you just kill whatever’s in front of you… I dislike it too :|

• @Staypuff:

Not only that, it’s hard to tell red from blue when all you can see is grey. I can’t count the number of times I’ve started attacking the wrong side by mistake as a result of the whole “color-draining-out-of-the-world” near death nonsense.

Isn’t that the point? I LOVE this feature. Near death, blood pumping in your ears, in a mix of both terrible pain and bloodlust, desperately flailing at anything that comes near you.

I feel it conveys a feel of desperation, or fate (as you watch your impending death) perfectly. The only time I’d argue against this is if people with color blindness or other disabilities have trouble, and even then I’d suggest an alternate implementation rather than removing it altogether.

The only thing that slightly irritates me is that HP regen doesn’t happen at ALL when sprinting, so I’d like HP to regen enabled to JUST enough to take you out of “omg I’m dying” mode while sprinting (but no more of course cause that would be silly).

• @BobT36:

@Staypuff:

Not only that, it’s hard to tell red from blue when all you can see is grey. I can’t count the number of times I’ve started attacking the wrong side by mistake as a result of the whole “color-draining-out-of-the-world” near death nonsense.

Isn’t that the point? I LOVE this feature. Near death, blood pumping in your ears, in a mix of both terrible pain and bloodlust, desperately flailing at anything that comes near you.

I feel it conveys a feel of desperation, or fate (as you watch your impending death) perfectly.

The only thing that slightly irritates me is that HP regen doesn’t happen at ALL when sprinting, so I’d like HP to regen enabled to JUST enough to take you out of “omg I’m dying” mode while sprinting (but no more of course cause that would be silly).

Yeah I think that regening while sprinting would be a good deterrent to people who try to find a hiding spot until they are fully healed before rejoining the battle.

• @TedBundyJr:

Yeah I think that regening while sprinting would be a good deterrent to people who try to find a hiding spot until they are fully healed before rejoining the battle.

Well I don’t agree it should regen all the way, because then people could just run and regen in the middle of battle. Stopping to catch a breather now and then is fine, just having to stop and wait JUST to get the “omg I’m dying mode” off when there’s no actual immediate threat is a tad irritating.

Like I said I’d only want it to regen JUST enough to take you out of that mode, and then not go any further while sprinting. That means you’re still usually only sprinting when there’s not an immediate threat, (travelling), or that if you are trying to run away mid-battle, you’re still on low enough hp to kill easily.

• @BobT36:

Not a fan of the picture going all monochrome, but did have a good moment in a game earlier this evening wading into a battle that left only two of us standing, both caked in blood and (presumably) both with a grey screen - couldn’t tell if he was friend or foe, didn’t seem that he could either. We ran almost alongside each other to the next battle for a few moments, like brothers, then my vision cleared a second before his and I chopped his filthy Mason head off.

Also like the idea of regaining a tiny bit of health while sprinting.

• I am in the “Dislike this Feature” camp as well. My problem with it is that I can never tell if I am still alive. In the heat of battle it goes grey, the screen is jumping around, sometimes I am dead, sometimes I am not. Then by the time I realized that I am still alive and could block or even attack, I think I am dead, and then I am killed. Or I am flailing away mashing buttons when in fact I am dead. It is beyond annoying. It should grey out if you are dead, period. I have no problem with the audio clues and the heartbeat and heavy breathing, drowning out most other sounds. But not being able to really tell if you are still alive is beyond annoying.

• Why can’t we have just bloodspots around the screen when you are almost dead instead of the black and white?

• @boomandvibe:

Why can’t we have just bloodspots around the screen when you are almost dead instead of the black and white?

Thats just not realistic. I have been close to death several times in RL as a result of axe and sword wounds and my vision went grey-ish.

• I don’t mind it. I’ve played enough where i can tell what team is in front of me by the armor. I don’t care either way on the subject though I guess.

• @TedBundyJr:

@boomandvibe:

Why can’t we have just bloodspots around the screen when you are almost dead instead of the black and white?

Thats just not realistic. I have been close to death several times in RL as a result of axe and sword wounds and my vision went grey-ish.

I don’t want realistic. This game isn’t even realistic since you can’t even swing from left to right without combo.

• Oh come on there is no way he is serious lol

• I dont find it hard at all, but maybe if people have a degree of color blindness. Isn’t it solved by just playing a bit more?

I like the current system as it is

• @StiffWood:

I dont find it hard at all, but maybe if people have a degree of color blindness. Isn’t it solved by just playing a bit more?

I’ve put about 300 hrs on this game and it’s still annoying.

I don’t have color blindness but I do have some vision problems which you won’t know. mostly with contrast issue.

• @boomandvibe:

@StiffWood:

I dont find it hard at all, but maybe if people have a degree of color blindness. Isn’t it solved by just playing a bit more?

I’ve put about 300 hrs on this game and it’s still annoying.

I don’t have color blindness but I do have some vision problems which you won’t know. mostly with contrast issue.

I don’t know about putting 300 hours into the game yet, but I haven’t had a problem and I have put almost 80 something hours in. I didn’t even notice that this happened. I have never had a problem knowing which ones were my team mates and which ones weren’t.

• I actually like the effect. And by now I know the models to the various classes and factions so I don’t really have a problem with it. Only exception might be Vanguards, they’re quite similar.

• how about a bit off tunnel vision and less color drain as color drain kind of makes it indeed to hard to tell friend from foe, just a little less color drain but in return you get tunnel vision.

• agree, could use a ‘little’ nerf. specially in dark maps its hard to see who is who and what is going on.

• I have no problem distinguishing teams without color.

Other people have trouble distinguishing me, though. Every time that I play as a vanguard, I get killed by my own team and then they say they couldn’t tell what team I was on because I was too bloody or they were in color blindness.

I agree that one of the vanguards should have an armor change, maybe just make one have a domed helmet or something.