Unbanning Players

• I’ve scoured the forums trying to find the answer to this question. The one post I found offered a solution that is not a solution. I was told to look in a certain INI file for the list of banned players, however, no such data exists in that file, or any other that I could find.

So how does one unban a player from their server?

• if they are perma banned their info is listed within Config/PCServer-UDKGame.ini

after opening that scroll down till you see : [Engine.AccessControl]

the list of any banned id’s and their policy is there, merely delete the id you want and that id is unbanned. Please know it will at least take a map change after an id is removed and may even require a server restart, im not sure how often the server reads from this file.

• I appreciate the info. However, under Access Control, there is no list of IDs/IPs or anything for that matter. You said perma banned. Does the AdminKickBan command result in a perma ban or is it temporary? Perhaps that’s why there are no banned players in the .ini file.

• AdminKickBan issues a perma ban and would be stored

AdminKick is a temp and would not be stored

also votekicks naturally are temp and also would not be stored.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config
    \PCServer-UDKGame.ini

[Engine.AccessControl]
    IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
    bAuthenticateClients=True
    bAuthenticateServer=False
    bAuthenticateListenHost=True
    MaxAuthRetryCount=8
    AuthRetryDelay=8
    AdminPassword=xxxxxxxxxxx
    bBanByID=True
    IPPolicies=DENY,
    GamePassword=
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=##########,B=#########))
    IPPolicies=DENY,
    BannedIDs=(Uid=(A=##########,B=#########))

• as stated above ;)

• i have permabanned people and yet my list looks like this… so? now what?

[Engine.AccessControl]
    IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
    bAuthenticateClients=True
    bAuthenticateServer=False
    bAuthenticateListenHost=True
    MaxAuthRetryCount=8
    AuthRetryDelay=8
    GamePassword=%password%
    AdminPassword=%rcon_password%

• and you used adminkickban ? it should have recorded the ban, if they are not listed there, you have perma banned no one.

• The admin command “adminunban” now gives a list of players to unban.

Deliberate necro because this needs to have an answer that isn’t shit, because people still don’t know how to do this and not even the official documation: https://tornbannerjira.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CHIVCOM/Administrator+commands contains this command.