PLEASE - Add a Campaign Mode

• Hi Guys! I need to say that this game is great, very addicting and I’m amused with it. But, seriously, it needs a greater depth in it’s story to make it more immersive and make its life spam bigger. So, I strongly ask you: please, make a Campaign mode for this game, a big one, not huge necessarily, nor small. I’m not asking you guys to make a super cinematographic story mode, like the hollywoodian Call of Duty or something, but a simple but funny and well done story mode, so it can add a bigger meaning in the fight between Masons and Aghatians. You could add pictures, drawnings instead of CG in cutscenes, for example, or even the own game’s graphics (even better maybe).

Its not only me who is asking, but the majority of the community probably wants it. If you guys from Torn Bane do a research, you will see that about 90% of the reviews sites complain about the lack of a campaign mode in a game with so much potential. So, again, its not only me who is asking, but the community and the specialized sites also.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

• Yes, the gaming world is in need of a rpg of some sorts with the chivalry mechanics.

• I’m sure you’d be able to see this happening very soon. Not officially from Torn Banner, but fan made campaigns. Thankfully UDK isn’t substantially difficult to code out, so you can expect to see a lot of nerd-om fantasies play out . *cough cough * Monty python

• @Faytless:

I’m sure you’d be able to see this happening very soon. Not officially from Torn Banner, but fan made campaigns. Thankfully UDK isn’t substantially difficult to code out, so you can expect to see a lot of nerd-om fantasies play out . *cough cough * Monty python

Hopefully yes! Officialy or not made, this game needs more depth and a campaign. Its too good to be wasted like this, only in multiplayer.

• Oh you want singleplayer?? Helllll nahhhhh.

I thought when you said campaign you meant within the realm of the multiplayer game. It would be cool to have some more context to the fighting outside of just the tutorial. That I think is a great idea. But to waste time and resources implementing a SP aspect would not make sense imo, being that this is a multiplayer PvP game.

• I bought BF3 on release date, never played single mode. Thats sooo 90’ and quite boring. Please keep focus on awesome Team Objective maps for the multiplay.

• @Arr0wKn33:

I bought BF3 on release date, never played single mode. Thats sooo 90’ and quite boring. Please keep focus on awesome Team Objective maps for the multiplay.

What??? That awesome single player? You didn’t beat it?? 90?? Just how old are you? If you are not about 14 years old you can’t be serious, or you are a rare exception. Single player games are keeping doing a great fame and job until these days and are going very well, thank you.

Well, and the idea the dude above said about an online Campaign mode, its a good idea, but for Campaign I still prefer it to be offline, because sometimes, after killing someone with my sword and taking a blood bath, I just want to stand still and appreciate the sunset without worry of the time-out of the online mode. Offline you have more liberty to do whatever you want and this gives you more immersion, letting you feel like you were in this Era for real.

So, I just don’t want this game to die so fast because of people stopping to play it in some months and I don’t want the game’s potential to be wasted without the epicness and emotion of a good story mode.

• I don’t know nordikwolf, I gave up on single player campaigns after playing through Quake 2’s campaign and feeling like I’d wasted a lot of time. It’s a lot less interesting to me playing through someone else’s scripted game, so I just turn straight to multiplayer. Granted, there are some good stories out there in games, but it’s never as entertaining as the random human element. I started PC gaming in the 80s.

• @Sir:

I don’t know nordikwolf, I gave up on single player campaigns after playing through Quake 2’s campaign and feeling like I’d wasted a lot of time. It’s a lot less interesting to me playing through someone else’s scripted game, so I just turn straight to multiplayer. Granted, there are some good stories out there in games, but it’s never as entertaining as the random human element. I started PC gaming in the 80s.

Very cool, I started in 92. Well, true, indeed the human element is much more surprising and even funnier to match, BUT lacks the depth, the immersion that the story mode (the name itself says) offers, even because there you see the lore being told and then, when you go to the online mode, it gives you a greater meaning to fight against the other team. This is what some games like World of Warcraft, for example, do (don’t get me wrong, I’m not comparing it to this game), making you choose a team which you fight for, knowing why you chose it. It gives a sense of side, and even increases you willingness to go against the other team.

We could have a story mode for Aghata and other for Masons.

• Yeah, I think that would work for a lot of people. You know what’s funny though, I played Everquest back in the day and it largely lacked any sort of plot or content. There was a lot of downtime, weren’t really many quests, and you kind of had to explore to find things to do. I had a great set of friends and we had lots of laughs. WoW and other MMOs never did it for me, I couldn’t really connect with people because there wasn’t enough downtime to shoot the shit and the whole thing felt very scripted. Obviously a lot of people felt a lot differently about it. I’m just here for the cheap entertainment and I mostly get it by watching the silliness that happens in multiplayer.

A campaign could be pretty cool but I hope it comes from the community. I’d like to see more focus on putting together new maps and objectives for multiplayer from the devs. Oddly enough I don’t really find myself asking what the fighting’s all about - it looks like they’ve been at it for a while.

• yes please add a campaign!!

• NO campaign. They are boring. For example Call of Duty. Just srcipted events, in a tunnel. You are forced to run in this tunnel, which triggers boooooring quicktime events. And that costs like a billion bucks to make and a few hours to run through that stupid tunnel. That’s complete horse shit. No one needs single players. Go see a movie if you want plot and character develompent. When I play games, I don’t want plot or QuickTime events, I wan’t action. Multiplayer is the future.