I really need help can my computer run this?

• Alienware X51
    MEMORY-8GB (2 X 4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 up to 1600MHz
    HARD DRIVE-2TB Serial ATA 3 Hard Drive
    OPTICAL DRIVE-Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    PROCESSOR-3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3330 (6M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
    OPERATING SYSTEM-Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
    VIDEO CARD-1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640
    WIRELESS -DW1506 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini-Card
    Adobe Reader Software-Adobe® Acrobat® Read

and well it also run skyrim,battlefield 3,and all the new games out there like blacks ops 2 ect
    and no i dont want to build my own

• Not sure what detail level you’ll be able to play on with that video card, but I’m guessing it’ll run well on medium. It’ll definitely run perfectly on low.

• I have a GT 540M in my laptop and it runs Chivalry on medium-high, but I have a Core i7 CPU and this game is heavily CPU-bound…

• Did you know you can go to any random pc store and have them assemble a pc for you that is better and cheaper than alienware by a huge margin?

• first i am not good with pcs
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
    HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+110] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

for skyrim battlefield 3 chivalry and all those new games out at high or ultr

• Yes.

• Looks like someone is about to dump some cash on a new rig. ;) Congratulations if you do, I just got my new machine the other day.

• @Jiggle:

Looks like someone is about to dump some cash on a new rig. ;) Congratulations if you do, I just got my new machine the other day.

saved up all my money for this
    when i get it can you want to play if so whats your steam name

• How much are you paying for that?

• @Fryseboks:

How much are you paying for that?

$1,397.00

• @Nerfed:

Did you know you can go to any random pc store and have them assemble a pc for you that is better and cheaper than alienware by a huge margin?

I agree, alienware is like the mac of desktops, you pay a shitload of money for design and “style” while recieving less worth in terms of hardware.

• Merging this with your other similar thread, different specs or not :P

• That computer is not worth 1400 $, but that’s always the case with pre-builds. Especially the graphics card is crap. With 1000$ you could build a computer that would run this game 60 fps, max settings and 1080p.

@ReMixx:

I have a GT 540M in my laptop and it runs Chivalry on medium-high, but I have a Core i7 CPU and this game is heavily CPU-bound…

Don’t compair laptop gpus with desktop gpus. The GT 640 is about 4-5x times better than the gt 540m. But it is still bad for desktop standards.

Here is a quickly thrown together build that will be faster than you build in every possible way, except HDD space (who cares about that):
    Samsung SE-208AB/TSBS 8 x DVD+/-RW Slim Portable External DVD Writer - Black - Samsung
    £19.85
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps) - ASrock
    £108.09
    Samsung 128GB 830 SSD SATA 6GBPS 2.5 inch Basic Kit - Samsung
    £89.36
    Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM – OEM - Samsung
    £56.25
    Thermaltake PSU SMART 550W/ 80plus Bronze Certificated Power Supply with Cable Management - Thermaltake
    £63.34
    Coolermaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Chassis - Coolermaster
    £81.58
    Sapphire 11199-00-20G HD7870 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - SAPPHIRE
    £182.90
    Kingston KHX1600C9D3K4/16GX 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM XMP Memory Module (Kit of 4) - KIngston
    £57.94
    Intel Core I5-3570 Processor (3.40GHZ, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155) - Intel
    £161.10
    total: £820.41 = 1 314 US$ and on US sites you’ll probably find a lot lower prices.

• @Fryseboks:

@Nerfed:

Did you know you can go to any random pc store and have them assemble a pc for you that is better and cheaper than alienware by a huge margin?

I agree, alienware is like the mac of desktops, you pay a shitload of money for design and “style” while recieving less worth in terms of hardware.

If you’re going for a low-end pre-built, without a doubt. But once you start picking and choosing and adding solid hardware, the price to performance ratio starts pretty close to other pre-built alternatives.

I paid $2405.83 CAD for my M17x R4. It’s got an I7 quad core running @3.7GHz, 2GB Radeon HD 7970m, 12GB RAM @1600MHz, 1TB HDD+32GB SSD, 1920x1080 HD screen, as well as other little things. With this, I can run every modern game I’ve played so far at 60+FPS on 1080p with max settings, Chivalry included.

Considering the above, a comparable ASUS, Sager, etc would run you about the same, only you don’t get the purdy lights. Wait time was a bitch, though.

TLDR; Pre-built machines, especially Alienwares, are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, as long as you’re not a dumbass about it. It’s better to get a high-end laptop if you’re going the pre-built route, though.