UDK.exe has stopped working!

• Please go into your Windows Event Viewer (Start button -> type in event viewer into the search field -> open Event Viewer app from search results). Then select Windows Logs and Application subcategory from the left panel. Then in the top middle panel, find the Information event related to UDK.exe. It may not display UDK.exe as the source in the list, you would have to click each one and look through its description. Once you find the crash event from UDK.exe, please post the details here so we can see what’s happening.

• Sorry this took so long, I’ve been busy.

This was in the general category.

Faulting application UDK.exe, version 1.0.10246.0, time stamp 0x50bd4c27, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18449, time stamp 0x4da47a32, exception code 0x00000001, fault offset 0x0001c83b, process id 0x724, application start time 0x01cdd5d52272fa61.

This was in the details category

• System

• Provider

[ Name] Application Error

• EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

• TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-12-09T06:19:30.000Z

EventRecordID 38127

Channel Application

Computer AlienBobby

Security

• EventData

UDK.exe
    50bd4c27
    kernel32.dll
    4da47a32
    0001c83b
    01cdd5d52272fa61

Is this what we’re looking for?

• That’s it. No worries on the delay. We’ll be here :)

You mentioned the config folder trick, so is it safe to assume that you’ve tried verifying the game cache in Steam?

• Yes, I’ve already tried that twice.

• @virtuoso138:

Yes, I’ve already tried that twice.

Hmmm SLI… try disabling SLI in software and see if it still crashes.

• Sorry to always be a pain, but how would I do that?

• @virtuoso138:

Sorry to always be a pain, but how would I do that?

Not a pain at all. Here let me Google that for you (I’m trolling, sorry)

Try this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001167.htm

• @virtuoso138:

Sorry to always be a pain, but how would I do that?

Not a pain at all. Here let me Google that for you (I’m trolling, sorry)

Try this: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001167.htm

• See, now I just feel dumb, because I just worked with SLI to fix this computer up like a month ago. Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem either. It’s quite late, so I think I’m going to head to bed, whatever your next suggestion is, I’ll get on it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for you’re help, I’ll post and bump this when I try your next suggestion.

• @virtuoso138:

See, now I just feel dumb, because I just worked with SLI to fix this computer up like a month ago. Unfortunately that didn’t solve the problem either. It’s quite late, so I think I’m going to head to bed, whatever your next suggestion is, I’ll get on it as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for you’re help, I’ll post and bump this when I try your next suggestion.

Aww it’s okay. The game is notorious for having issues with SLI/CrossFire. So turning it off when you play may actually give you improved performance (once we get you able to play) and then turn it back on again for other games.

The next thing I would try is deleting your Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games. Try running the game. If it doesn’t work. Delete the folder again and uninstall Chivalry (make sure the chivalry folder from steamapps\common\ is completely gone) and redownload it from Steam.

• Have you tried to verify your game cache?
    If that doesn’t work, can you make sure to go into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and install vcredist_x64_vs2010sp1.exe.

Can you also try disabling any anti-virus software you have?

• It was simpler than i thought:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7120
    I downloaded reg mech as torrent. You know the drill cause i cant post it here. If not contact me.