Limit specific classes

• Servers should be able to set limits on how many people can play a specific class. Reason behind this is that I’ve seen one too many games where one team will just play Knights or just Vanguard (it’s like playing TF2 where everyone is playing a heavy) and it’s nice to variety.

• A team playing the same character can be an advantage for your team, you just need to know the weakness of that character, so, it is a good thing!

• I wholeheartedly agree.

Basically, the Knight and Vanguard are so powerful, both with weapons, and with armor, that it leaves too little players playing as MAA and archer.

Usual games are like 3-4 knights 3-4 vanguards, 2 MAA, and 4-6 archers.

and then people complain that MAA is an inferior class, and that theres too many archers.

Limit it so that….

Each team gets 2 knights, 3 Vanguards.

Now each team gets 2 players with heavy armor and weapons, and shields.

Each team also gets 3 players with medium armour and weapon with long reach.

Make it so you can have max of lets say 3 archers

So now each team also can tactically use ranged weapons when needed for defending objectives and such.

Then the rest all MAA.

It would be more like a real battle…

Real battles werent “pure knights” or “pure polearms” battles. Real battles had a group of polearmsmen, a group of knights, a group of archers, then your standard infantry (MAA)

it would make it more rewarded to play knight/vanguard

atleast make it a possible server option.

• This will be a server setting in the future.

• …a server setting I will avoid like the plague.

• I think class capping should be something for peeks on one class not for chronically to many players on a particular class, for that I think changing the game balance or the classes is the only real solution.

• @Rushsecond Me too!

I always play as a vanguard. I have played all the classes and I don’t enjoy playing as them nearly as much. If I am not able to play as a vanguard because all the positions for that class have been filled then I don’t think I’ll play on that server. It’s already hard enough for me to find a server with a ping under 100. Now this!

• As has been mentioned it’s already going to be an option, though imo a silly one. Why limit classes and imagination/creative setups?

• @fwbo777:

Basically, the Knight and Vanguard are so powerful, both with weapons, and with armor, that it leaves too little players playing as MAA and archer.

This isn’t accurate in my experience. Yes, both the Knight and Vangaurd can be quite powerful, but so can the MaA and Archers. In fact, I’d put MaA’s and right up there with Vangaurd, what with the damage 1h is doing right now.

I think Archers are just the most difficult to play, which is why you don’t see many of them. But a good archer is absurdly powerful. As for MaAs, I see just as many of them as I see Knights. I probably see more Vanguards than anything else for obvious reasons.

That being said, I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to restrictions being put on class selections per match. I tend to enjoy playing all the classes, personally, so it wouldn’t really bother me too much.

• @manic:

As has been mentioned it’s already going to be an option, though imo a silly one. Why limit classes and imagination/creative setups?

its called catering to the bads.

• I can see this happening for certain classes like the knight and vanguard… I think people just need to get better thats all.

Its no shock that with me playing vanguard or knight I can go 5-1 while playing other.more skill based classes I have to put more effort to only get 2-1 (i rarely play knight or VG)

Dead space multiplayer had a really good system that attempted to balance this type of scenario by increasing the spawn times.

Archer 7 second cycle
    MAA 10
    VG 15
    Knight 20

These are just suggestions to solving a very true issue but keeping options always open the users

Feed back?

• It’s not catering to the bad it making sure the game has some diversity and rewards people for mixing it up instead of everyone running to vanguard or knight. Changing the spawn times for different classes would be an interesting way to deal with it.