Kickin' encumbrance combos ;)

• Few ideas I didn’t noticed before:

1. Kicking / pushing enemy. Would I have the opportunity to push / kick enemy if one comes too close to me? It’s obvious you cant swing a weapon at enemy when he’s close to you. Will one be able to bash him away?

2. Encumbrance. It’s pretty obvious classes would be encumbered more or less with their armor and weapons and would encumbrance of different parts of inventory depend on how fast / far one can dodge, jump, move and how much fall-damage he takes? Would weapons have different weight?

3. This is not real but may be effective both visually and while fighting - adrenaline / combo meter, or combo combinations resulting in making couple of blows which would penetrate parry, or resulting in different handicap in some situations, such as waving / swirling sword / glaive around oneself in rage, when lone soldier gets surrounded.
    Also, would there be something like counter - parry immediate blows, when parrying is perfect? (such as in fencing competition)

cheerz

• Kicking is definitely in!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rYoxNbPzA (40 seconds in)
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/14/chiva … e-trailer/ (34 seconds in)
    :D

• Crap, how could I miss that O___O
    Bless You, Faranox :))

• As for combos - would be nice if there would be blows combinations such as - Right Slash, Left Slash or upside down slash, downside up hack.

• Encumbrance: generally a good thing. Big guy, takes a lot of damage to put down, he probably shouldn’t zip around the battlefield. Altering a player’s speed is a goto method for balancing and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it at all.

Combos could be good, but I think it would get really overwhelming in this kind of game. In 2 player games like Soul Calibur you see tons of combos, but those games focus on only two people. It would be hard to “read” an opponent in a game like C:MW where you have enemies all around.

Some kind of perfect block mechanic could be neat. Like, when you perfectly block a strike you have a small window to follow up with your own attack or a kick, etc.

• @Faranox:

Encumbrance: generally a good thing. Big guy, takes a lot of damage to put down, he probably shouldn’t zip around the battlefield. Altering a player’s speed is a goto method for balancing and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it at all.

Combos could be good, but I think it would get really overwhelming in this kind of game. In 2 player games like Soul Calibur you see tons of combos, but those games focus on only two people. It would be hard to “read” an opponent in a game like C:MW where you have enemies all around.

Some kind of perfect block mechanic could be neat. Like, when you perfectly block a strike you have a small window to follow up with your own attack or a kick, etc.

Have to agree with faranox.

A combo system also puts alot of emphasis into which attacks combo’s you use which can restrict the players freedom. With age of chivalry while certain attack rotations where common you wouldn’t be penalised say if you used a slash before an overhead etc. I would imagine in C:MW the combat would be similar giving you a wide array of attacks to use depending on the situation rather than a series of combo’s to do damage, that if you do incorrectly would be pointless.

Often combos are finished with some kind of cutscene or special animation rather like in skyrim tekken and countless other combat games that use them. Personally I don’t think this would fit into the overall theme of the game, which barring the cinematic trailer does not contain any special flourishes.

• I think You got me a little wrong, guys. I dont mean effective combo full of light and stars, i mean much more like combination of blows that would be “natural”, just like slashing fast left to right if right to left slash was before. Or ability to make another blow than three base ones, nothing supernatural, just something to surprise enemy. But I get Yours point and agree with it - complicated combos would probably destroy the base fight system, which is fun.