Mac?

• Will there be a mac client for Chivalry?

• We will look into it but at this point, no promises.

• i get that this is often a controversial issue, what with how unsuited to gaming macs are, but the fact is that i really want to be able to play this game, and at present only have access to a mac.

• It is not the hardware but the software (well it maybe your hardware too), See if you cannot do a dual boot and install Windows. Mac also has a few windows emulators like Wine that may work. Looks like you will be our test guinea pig. So look into it.

• @HenryTheEpic:

i get that this is often a controversial issue, what with how unsuited to gaming macs are, but the fact is that i really want to be able to play this game, and at present only have access to a mac.

Mac compatible was a Kickstarter goal, and they didn’t reach it. So they don’t have the funds for it.

• Hello I’m disappointed in you guy you tried so hard to make a good game but you forget about one thing the other mac player. I don’t under stand if you want to change gaming forever start by making a game for every buddy to play on Mac and Pc I hope you get to read this and I hope you do the right thing.

• I agree. This game needs more hipsters to beat on.

• People should start accepting that you shouldn’t get a Mac if you want to play videogames.

• It costs money to port to Mac. Fee’s and development costs.

Money they don’t have for such a project; it was a Kickstarter goal that was not met. Perhaps down the road.

• XD hipsters to beat on ….

well dont be so harsh on him i mean, like me, not all know shit about computers. i just ask around this and that is good i buy it when i have money for it. maybe he just got the wrong shizl. and well yea i would be pissed too if there is like one of the best fps eva right infront of me
    and i cant fucking play it

Devs i hope u gonna help these poor poor souls!

• Mac gamers. What?

I’d rather see a port SNES or some other inappropriate machine for modern gaming.

• mmmm hipsters to beat on… That wont work as there is no female armor in the game, they would require their leggings in order to be satisfied with their ball squeezingly tight armor so that we may all count the change in their pocket.

• It’s not completely out of the question, if there’s enough demand for it to rival the cost of porting the game to mac.

• @Pierre:

People should start accepting that you shouldn’t get a Mac if you want to play videogames.

Absolutely.

• Let’s please stop badmouthing people based on their consumer choices, mkay?

• I think that an enough number of Mac users would buy this game, like they did with Minecraft or Team Fortress 2.
    Don’t forget that a great number of people have a Mac and that a lot of people, like the guy who opened this topic, wants more games for Apple devices.

Maybe the developers of Chivalry should follow the other companies’ trend enlarging their market also on Apple. Lately a lot of indie, but also a lot of “high budget” games, have been released on Mac.
    Examples? Minecraft, War of the Roses, Valve’s games. So I think that it would be a great idea release this game also on Mac.

An indie game for hipster who listen indie music. :D

P.S. sorry for my english, it isn’t my native language.

• Please make a mac version, I’m sure plenty of people would buy it! I know I will, I just don’t have the money to buy a full gaming pc right now. :(

• Mac Users are compulsive Buyers. That’s why they paid 1000$ more for their computer :P.
    There is almost no good games for mac. Each time one game is ported to mac, every mac User Jumps on it.
    The fact that they don’t have many video Games + compulsive Buyers = much much much profits.
    They will pay whatever amount of money for a decent game ported for mac and available on the Mac Store.

More system = More consumers = More profit = Better Updates, Free DLC, Events, Huge community, E-Sports.

• @akarnir:

Mac Users are compulsive Buyers. That’s why they paid 1000$ more for their computer :P.
    There is almost no good games for mac. Each time one game is ported to mac, every mac User Jumps on it.
    The fact that they don’t have many video Games + compulsive Buyers = much much much profits.
    They will pay whatever amount of money for a decent game ported for mac and available on the Mac Store.

More system = More consumers = More profit = Better Updates, Free DLC, Events, Huge community, E-Sports.

There aren’t good games for mac? So this is means that Half Life, Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Age of Empires 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Fable 1, Civilization, GTA, Sim City 4, Neverwinter Nights, Heroes of Might and Magic and Diablo are bad quality game.

Some mac users can be very annoying sometimes, but also mac haters aren’t so enjoyable.

EDIT: ah, I forgot Minecraft. ;)

• Honestly I’m sick and tired of a bunch of 12 year olds arguing over Mac vs PC, there is a reason Mac’s sell so well and why there are a lot of people buying their products. Remember your the one who’s at home playing on your computer not making millions like Microsoft and Apple. Grow up seriously kids. One I would like to see this game ported to mac, for reasons? I don’t own a mac, but it would allow more players to be in this game. You wanna say hipsters buy macs ect? Jesus kid, do you even know what a hipster is? Seriously, stop ranting every time the word Mac is used, Just sit down, ST*U and go play with yourself.

Back on topic, There are a LOT of mac users, and a bunch of gamers that do own macs. Having a port, would allow more players as well as profits for the company. Even allow more Modders to come to this game as well as make the community bigger, hopefully having less closed minded idiots…