[BUG] Weapons are no longer unlocking

• It appears on the Kila server, weapons are no longer unlocking. I have had several complaints about it and kind of wrote it off till I was trying to unlock the last gay assed xbow. After making about 8 kills I looked and there was no reduction in the number to unlock. I played several maps and the same thing, made kills and the unlock number was still the same. If this is server side let me know the cvar so I can fix it. If not and this is spread across all servers, people are going to be pissed for not being able to unlock any more weapons.

• Were there at least 8 people? YOU NEED 8 OF THOSE!

8-)

• Are you saying kills don’t count for weapon unlocking unless there are 8 people on the server? Do bots count, if you are on a single player game? I’ve also heard they count on some servers and not others.

I’ve seen this complaint crop up a lot of places with varied answers. I think it warrants an official explanation of how it works in the “Known Issues and their Fixes” fixes. Or if it doesn’t count as a “issue” their ought to be a similar topic for common user problems that aren’t “issues”.

It also might be nice if the game gave you an indication of whether you were in a game where kills counted because it’s really frustrating to invest a bunch of time thinking you are going to make weapon progress only to find you got nowhere.

• What’s the server name (or IP:Port) so I can go into the server and take a look?

• No, the number of players are irrelevant, it was the number of kills I got and nothing changed playing xbow. Right after the patch it was unlocking weapons with bots then it stopped unlocking them all together.

Kila Thunderdome |Chicago| 75.102.38.100:7777 but in the INI I have the port 7787 so it would show up

• Strange. The next time that happens to you on your server, login as admin and type showdebug in the console and note what it says in the top left.

• well since I have had to restart the server many times since I first noticed the issue, now that I have gone in with the debug and been testing, it is back to working again…. weird…

• NECRO THREADING!!

This damn bug still happens. In fact not only do weapons block but kills don’t progress toward the unlock phase of a weapon. I think this bug needs priority #1. Out of every bug I’ve found so far this is by far the most aggravating of them all.