Fake Players/Votekick

• [rant]
    Fake Players:
    More often than not, when I join game with lets say 7/12 players, there are actually no players in the game. This is really annoying. Also, I can’t play in games with more than about 10 or 12 people because my PC is old, making my pool of playable servers very small, and then of course 90% of them have no players but say they do, which makes me waste even MORE time… I just want to have fun and play the game!

Votekick:
    So far I’ve been kicked twice via votekick, here are the reasons:

1. I was doing very well in a FFA game, and so they decided to kick me. Huh? (no it was not a duel server, no special rules, and no one in the chat told me to stop doing <whatever>)
    2. I join a game and the votekick was immediately pressed against me, with all 3 other players in the game agreeing… What? Kicked because I joined a game… Right…

P.S. I join a LTS game later, only to find out that my two teammates love to team-kill me and each other . I explain that it is a team game and we aren’t suppose to kill each other, but we are to kill the other team. They don’t listen. I am unsure how to initiate a votekick so I ask the other team how, they say nothing.
    Good thing that votekick is working as intended.

My suggestion would be to remove votekick entirely. In my 58 hours of chivalry thus far, I have not seen it used properly.
    [/rant]</whatever>

• #include<educationstream>
    using namespace chvlry;
    int main()
    {
    << cout “Yeah, I understand your ranting about the fake player phenomenon as well as the team killing, although you really can’t combat the troll situation. If people find a mechanic in the game they can use to harm you emotionally - and they are driven in such a sick and repulsive manner to do so - then they will use it. This includes the votekick; while it’s useful to use when someone is being a massive dick and making everyone miserable, it can also be abused by using it against someone innocent like you were in the instances you gave. I guess that’s the double-edged sword (HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH GET IT?!) of online gaming in general.” <<;
    system (“PAUSE”);
    return 0;
    }</educationstream>

• Its a pain in the ass this fake player schiess. 16v16 you get in there and there and its more like 6v6
    Are there server moderators or just server owners, I guess my next question is who is responsible for falsly showing ACTUAL numbers?

• I just want to second making a change to the votekicking system.

I too was in an FFA practicing MAA, and it was a rare instance where I was actually doing well and was tied at top of the leaderboard. Some guy joined and started verbally abusing people. Every time I killed him he cussed at me which wasn’t a problem and didn’t really bother me. People are like that. The problem was, after the fourth time I killed him, he once again swore at me, and immediately, a votekick came up on me. 6/10 players voted yes.

Why wouldn’t they? I was at the top of the leaderboard and was going to win in a minute and a half.

So obviously I get kicked. Hooray.

Please for the love of god increase the required percentage to like 80% or something. A simple majority vote is terrible.

I am unsure how to initiate a votekick so I ask the other team how, they say nothing.

In case you still don’t know how, you open the console(Tilde key by default) and type votekick PLAYERNAME or just votekick and then confirm PLAYER#.

• @DemonicChocobo:

In case you still don’t know how, you open the console(Tilde key by default) and type votekick PLAYERNAME or just votekick and then confirm PLAYER#.

Thats the old way, now you can just bring up the scoreboard TAB and hold B, now you can click a name and click votekick.

TAB+B

• Good to know there is another way to votekick (I used console before). Thanks.

• @Lord:

@DemonicChocobo:

Thats the old way, now you can just bring up the scoreboard TAB and hold B, now you can click a name and click votekick.

TAB+B

Let’s hope this information isn’t popularised very well. I mean, yes, on the whole the playerbase seems a cut above the majority of other multiplayer games and everyone is just having fun, but there’s also the same old groups of friends who insta-kick you when you arrive, or kick you if their friend wants to TK the team (as people here mention).

The game is better off with the votekick not being a well known option because it’s going to be abused just the same way as it is always abused when kids get involved. There is pretty much nothing more infuriating than unjustified kicks, or worse, having your own votes on TKers/whatever voted down and then a return vote on you (??) passed.

I guess the solution is well moderated friendly servers with vote kicking turned off, but yeah, we’ll keep dreaming.

Also the ‘fake players’ I think is an issue with Steam as I have seen it in listings for TF2 and CS as well. Or maybe it’s just a server operator thing. Anyway, that needs to be stopped, finding non-empty Chivalry servers right now is a pain in the arse.

I will add though that a good console command is ‘say <msg>’ or ‘teamsay <msg>’ - you can use it when the chat input bugs, or after the round to talk when the scores disable the chat (bug?).</msg></msg>

• Hooray. Me again! I played Archer in FFA(Just need to unlock the last regular bow in order to get the Vet Helmet). Barely killed anyone but the few people I killed started raging. Switched to MAA the next round. People raged even harder. I topped the leaderboard. INSTANTLY ANOTHER VOTE ON ME.

Of course it passed and I got votekicked unfairly once again. However, this time I actually like and frequent the server I was votekicked from. I read somewhere that votekicking actually bans you from the server. Is this true?

• @DemonicChocobo:

Hooray. Me again! I played Archer in FFA(Just need to unlock the last regular bow in order to get the Vet Helmet). Barely killed anyone but the few people I killed started raging. Switched to MAA the next round. People raged even harder. I topped the leaderboard. INSTANTLY ANOTHER VOTE ON ME.

Of course it passed and I got votekicked unfairly once again. However, this time I actually like and frequent the server I was votekicked from. I read somewhere that votekicking actually bans you from the server. Is this true?

Votekicking temp bans you from a server for a default of 300 seconds (5 minutes).

I’ve also seen the fake player issue, i think it may just be a delay in the game sending the correct number of players to the server browser, hopefully fixed soon.

• Bump for the issue with fake player counts.

Votekicking is fine imo

• So many people having issues with votekick… Even on LTS servers where I go 23-1 or similar some games and do quite well in other maps I don’t get votekicked. Hell, when someone does rage out and start a vote I’ve seen it get declined by 91% of players. Do I just find the decent people or what?

I’m generally a nice guy but don’t get much chance to show that when lopping people’s heads off, so I don’t know what the deal is with these complaints unless you’re being massive dicks on top of killing the enemies.

• The only thing that needs changed about VK’s is the fact they are avoidable… Log off the server then right back on and you aren’t booted… I say temp ban even if you leave.