A List of Question about gameplay

• Hi everyone,

I have a few question if the community is kind enough to answer.

1.) Is there damage bonus due to momentum?
    (I know vanguard can sprint and do charge attack, beside that if I move forward or backward will that have any effect to my damage?)

2.) Oil Pot, do they stack damage? If a player skin is already burnt but is still alive, can I burn them again? (two question kinda :P )

3.) Where does head damage begins, neck or chin?

4.) Removal of helmet
    (If I knock off a players helmet, does that have any effect?)

5,) Does it matter which part of my weapon hit?
    (Example: Tip of my blade, side of my blade, or…tip of spears, or wood stock of spears?)

Thanks in advance,

1. No

2. Yes you can burn them again, unsure if it adds up if they get two pots thrown on them at the same time

3. I think the headshot includes some of the neck

4. I believe that if the helmet is off they take extra damage from a headshot

5. Doesn’t matter at all

• @BGrey:

1. Yes you can burn them again, unsure if it adds up if they get two pots thrown on them at the same time

2. I think the headshot includes some of the neck

3. I believe that if the helmet is off they take extra damage from a headshot

To add to/correct these three:

Fire damage stacks directly. If you throw a fire pot at someone who is already ignited, it will start a second, separate instance of ignition. So as long as the first fire pot is still active, the burn damage will be twice as high - and once the first one ends, they’ll still be on fire from the second until the second one also ends.

Headshots include the entire neck and the center of the top of the chest just below the neck. The area just below the neck is where you have to hit for the “Cupid” achievement - “Shoot 40 arrows into the heart,” though it actually tracks all projectiles right now, not just arrows. Head, neck and “heart” shots all do the same bonus damage; 25% more for melee, 50% more for projectiles.

Helmet being knocked off is actually purely a visual difference and does not effect damage.

• @SlyGoat:

Helmet being knocked off is actually purely a visual difference and does not effect damage.

Funny I thought I read that on here, I guess that doesn’t mean much though.

• @BGrey:

@SlyGoat:

Funny I thought I read that on here, I guess that doesn’t mean much though.

In one of the early videos of the game Steve says something about having to be more careful when your helmet is knocked off, I think that misled some people.

• Hmm… I like that momentum idea.

• Thanks for answering my question guys!
    That answer a bunch of myths for me.

I have some more question if you don’t mind.

**1.) Knight, using a two-handed sword in one-hand = Weaker damage and or slower swing?
    (So would that mean if I use two-hand it will do more damage/quicker swing?)

2.) Knight, does using a shield slow down my attack?

3.) Does speed depend on my health, load-out, and/or class?

4.) Does the cart/ram move at ONE Speed? Does it move quicker if more people is on it?

5.) Can an enemy block cart/ram by standing in front of it?**

• 1.) Not sure about the speed, but the dmg is lower

2.) Nope

3.) Depends on class

4.) One speed

5.) I dont think so

• @bsan89:

Thanks for answering my question guys!
    That answer a bunch of myths for me.

I have some more question if you don’t mind.

**1.) Knight, using a two-handed sword in one-hand = Weaker damage and or slower swing?
    (So would that mean if I use two-hand it will do more damage/quicker swing?)

2.) Knight, does using a shield slow down my attack?
    Just to clarify - you can’t use 2H weapon in one hand without a shield.

General rule is:

2h = slower attack, better range, more dmg
    Same weapon 1h + shield = faster, reduced reach and dmg.**