Remove Hillside from the game.

• It is utterly and completely horrible. Almost every single time I’ve played it Agatha do not get past the first stage, the lighting of the pyre. The Agatha side spawns at the very back of the map, has to go all the way up the hillside, take a massive chockepoint where you MUST go through, no other options, light the fire, and then defend it when the Mason’s:

–Spawn closer to both the fire and chokepoint

–Can bypass the chokepoint with a tunnel

–Can easily kick out the fire

WHY in the GODS names was this a good idea? It is a mess. It is so unbelievably stacked against the Agatha side it is not even funny. Even when I join the Mason side I leave the game due to how disgustingly unfair the map is.

Please, either find a way to fix it (remove Mason’s shortcut, give them longer spawns, don’t allow them to kick out the fire) or just remove it. Because as is, it’s the worst map in an otherwise fantastic game.

• Not an issue with all the games I have played.

• I’ve gotten past the Pyre more times than I can count. Sure you aren’t exaggerating a bit?

Since the patch, this stage has become more difficult, but it more than balances out the third objective which is just lolz now, as Agatha wins every single time. One ballista shot per ship is pretty abusrd.

• Nothing wrong with the first stage of this map at all, IMO. If anything is broken about it, it’s the ridiculous easiness of the last stage. The last stage is completely superfluous 100% of the time for me, because no team will ever fail at it if they’ve managed to make it that far.

• @HEXEN:

I’ve gotten past the Pyre more times than I can count. Sure you aren’t exaggerating a bit?

Since the patch, this stage has become more difficult, but it more than balances out the third objective which is just lolz now, as Agatha wins every single time. One ballista shot per ship is pretty abusrd.

I don’t really like the direction Hillside’s balance took. The ease of completing the pyre before gave you much more time to complete the trebuchet stage - and after that, the ballistae stage was mostly a breeze.

Now I have actually seen teams stonewalled on the first objective a few times, which is fine - every map has occurrences of that - but the trebuchet stage is still disproportionately hard compared to just about every other objective in the game. So you get to the third stage even less than before.

However, when you do, it’s over in under a minute. It’s just not satisfying, IMO. It’d be like the king having normal HP in Stoneshill; battering the gate is a huge uphill battle against buckets of oil and ballistae and constant reinforcements, but then you get through and rush the throne room and the king dies to two arrows.

Basically the difficult part of the map was made more difficult (not directly, but by increasing the difficulty of the pyre you’re giving less potential time to take the trebuchets), and the easy part was made easier. Should’ve been the other way 'round. I feel like those ships shouldn’t sink for less than three bolts each.

• Agreed. The ships are made out of carboard now, and as we all know, one ballista shot will sink a soggy cardboard ship.

Taking the trebs is still hard, but I remember when people thought it was impossible. It was so rewarding to watch the community overcome and adapt. Now, all the skilled players rush for 3 first, whereas before, there was hardly any cooperation and people just went wherever. It’s that little bit of extra teamwork that I think is very cool.

I really enjoy how the first stage works now, I think they did a pretty good job with it. Perhaps it just needs to reward the attackers more time once it’s completed? And of course, the third stage needs some work for sure.

• @Garfuncle:

It is utterly and completely horrible. Almost every single time I’ve played it Agatha do not get past the first stage, the lighting of the pyre. The Agatha side spawns at the very back of the map, has to go all the way up the hillside, take a massive chockepoint where you MUST go through, no other options, light the fire, and then defend it when the Mason’s:

WHY in the GODS names was this a good idea? It is a mess. It is so unbelievably stacked against the Agatha side it is not even funny. Even when I join the Mason side I leave the game due to how disgustingly unfair the map is.

Please, either find a way to fix it (remove Mason’s shortcut, give them longer spawns, don’t allow them to kick out the fire) or just remove it. Because as is, it’s the worst map in an otherwise fantastic game.

if you run a server take it out, we did thus ending our gripe with it…lol.

If you dont run a server play on a server that does not run this map if it bothers you.

Less you would like to wait until they rework this map that is 8-)

• Why not vote to change map?

• First part is fine. Second part is still difficult if you are playing against a team that knows to just camp 3 the whole time. 3rd part is broke as hell. Refuse to believe the balistas destroying ships in 1 hit is working as intended.

• I’m fine with it…

My main issue is that the ghost doesn’t come out nearly enough!

Other than that, I’d like the 3rd stage fixed… 1 shot ballista ship kills + 500 points. Wheee!

• Most of the time when my team doesn’t make it half the first point it’s due to us not doing well as a whole. I notice that people are getting better and better at the game each day, so it’s really not a problem once everyone’s on the same page.

• @Kimiko:

I’m fine with it…

Other than that, I’d like the 3rd stage fixed… 1 shot ballista ship kills + 500 points. Wheee!

Wait… ghost? What? I’ve never seen a ghost… D:

And yeah, the ballista stage is just completely unnecessary right now with how easymode it is. If they’ve made it past stage one and stage 2, stage 3 is just a waste of time.

• A simple solution would be to have the objective progress be paused after the fire is stamped out, rather than reset. Cutting the time to stamp out the fire by half will provide balance while allowing the objective to be completable the majority of the time, which it should be.

By chance I’ve been placed on the defending side of this map every game I’ve played since the patch, and I’ve never seen the attackers complete the objective. Sample size is only 10 games or so.

• @Garfuncle:

It is utterly and completely horrible. Almost every single time I’ve played it Agatha do not get past the first stage, the lighting of the pyre. The Agatha side spawns at the very back of the map, has to go all the way up the hillside, take a massive chockepoint where you MUST go through, no other options, light the fire, and then defend it when the Mason’s:

The first part is only hard if you and your team mates are just aiming to kill, very rarely with the current way objectives show (annoying markers) will the team bother to attack the objective on that map, if they do however, then its not hard to actually pass the first objective, 1-2 strays / a small group can easily take the whole mason order, the masons have an annoying route to get to the objective…

If you manage to get through the first bit, the 2nd and 3rd bits are a hell of a lot easier, by far easier than any other map imo (especially 3rd bit, might as well give up as mason on 3rd bit, it needs a LOT of improvement)

2nd bit is simply work with an ally, go for 2 or 3 first as 1 and 4 are easiest… Sorted.

If you’re unable to pass the first, join a different server with people who will, or play with some friends to do it, until the objective markers aren’t so damn big and blocky and blocking what you are trying to see, then you’ll have this problem a lot :)

• @Everchosen:

@Kimiko:

I’m fine with it…

And yeah, the ballista stage is just completely unnecessary right now with how easymode it is. If they’ve made it past stage one and stage 2, stage 3 is just a waste of time.

Here he has a vanguard helmet. I’ve also see him wear a MAA helmet and make Mason MAA noises.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108203629

• @Everchosen:

Whaaat? You’ve never seen him? You poor deprived child. He’s a Mason ghost, thus his goal is to attack Agathians. FUN TIMES!

• @Kimiko:

@Everchosen:

He’s a Mason ghost, thus his goal is to attack Agathians. FUN TIMES!

DUMB in life. DUMB in death. ;)

• @ReMixx:

DUMB in life. DUMB in death. ;)

NOU! He’s not dumb!

• @Kimiko:

NOU! He’s not dumb!

How’d he die in the first place? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

• He’s like our own personal slimer, and us at the Mason Order are the Ghostbusters.

He needs a name.