Remove Hillside from the game.

• @Everchosen:

@Kimiko:

I’m fine with it…

My main issue is that the ghost doesn’t come out nearly enough!

Other than that, I’d like the 3rd stage fixed… 1 shot ballista ship kills + 500 points. Wheee!

Wait… ghost? What? I’ve never seen a ghost… D:

And yeah, the ballista stage is just completely unnecessary right now with how easymode it is. If they’ve made it past stage one and stage 2, stage 3 is just a waste of time.

Here he has a vanguard helmet. I’ve also see him wear a MAA helmet and make Mason MAA noises.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108203629

• @Everchosen:

And yeah, the ballista stage is just completely unnecessary right now with how easymode it is. If they’ve made it past stage one and stage 2, stage 3 is just a waste of time.

Whaaat? You’ve never seen him? You poor deprived child. He’s a Mason ghost, thus his goal is to attack Agathians. FUN TIMES!

• @Kimiko:

@Everchosen:

He’s a Mason ghost, thus his goal is to attack Agathians. FUN TIMES!

DUMB in life. DUMB in death. ;)

• @ReMixx:

DUMB in life. DUMB in death. ;)

NOU! He’s not dumb!

• @Kimiko:

NOU! He’s not dumb!

How’d he die in the first place? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM???

• He’s like our own personal slimer, and us at the Mason Order are the Ghostbusters.

He needs a name.

• @Everchosen:

He’s like our own personal slimer, and us at the Mason Order are the Ghostbusters.

He needs a name.

Dumbo.

• @ReMixx:

@Everchosen:

He’s like our own personal slimer, and us at the Mason Order are the Ghostbusters.

He needs a name.

Dumbo.

He’s not a flying elephant with disproportionately large ears!

• Funny, I don’t recall EVER seeing the attackers stopped at the first objective. I think the OP just had a string of bad luck…

• i rarely see people fail to light the fire, but the third objective, the balisitas, are jsut always a cake walk. ive never seen masons win if it gets here its over in a minute or so. the whole third stage needs redoing, honestly though, i prefer an AoC map to replace it.

there was a map where you stormed a beach with a seige tower to get over the walls, i think we could do that somewhere. mayb eneed to storm the beach to the wall with a tower, then light the pyre to alert the main assult force, then defeat the trebs to allow them to get close enough to fire, and end it there, the current last objective doesnt feel good, and the fire lighting seems difficult enough to be a mid obj while the trebs make a fine final.

• The maps should be very difficult for pubbies and challenging for competitive play. There’s no point having an objective if you just steamroll over it.

I think too many people have gotten comfortable getting a Trophy for Participation and don’t know how to deal with a situation where they should expect to lose unless they work at it.

• hillside is my second favorite map ! … it only takes good teamwork/ coordination for this map . this maps harder than the other on offence , but most of the time its because allies keep fighting at the begining and not rushing the objective …

a good team makes all the difference …my record is 10-15 mins to beat the map on a full server

• I will say that on very few maps is defending harder than attacking.

• @Garfuncle:

It is utterly and completely horrible. Almost every single time I’ve played it Agatha do not get past the first stage, the lighting of the pyre.

Strange, on public matches I seem to have 70% getting through since the patch

The Agatha side spawns at the very back of the map, has to go all the way up the hillside, take a massive chockepoint where you MUST go through, no other options, light the fire, and then defend it when the Mason’s:

There are 2 ways until you are right at the fire.

Other than that, what really bugs me, is the last stage: It is incredibly hard to keep all 3 ballistas cleared, it takes just 3 shots for the agathas to win.
    Only a mason team that really overpowers the agathas and can push them back to almost at their spawn has a chance here.

• @Sir:

The maps should be very difficult for pubbies and challenging for competitive play. There’s no point having an objective if you just steamroll over it.

I think too many people have gotten comfortable getting a Trophy for Participation and don’t know how to deal with a situation where they should expect to lose unless they work at it.

I would prefer to see objectives be biased towards attackers rather than defenders. This keeps competitive matches interesting to watch; there’s constant progression, never stonewalling. This is how it was in AoC, and IMO it was more fun to play and watch on a high skill level.

• I just never play defender because it is boring playing just the first stage of the map and having my team easily camp the objective, especially when it’s closer to your spawn.

• 1st stage is challenging but not impossible by any means, it just takes teamwork. Agree that 3rd stage feels like an afterthought.

• @SlyGoat:

@Sir:

The maps should be very difficult for pubbies and challenging for competitive play. There’s no point having an objective if you just steamroll over it.

I would prefer to see objectives be biased towards attackers rather than defenders. This keeps competitive matches interesting to watch; there’s constant progression, never stonewalling. This is how it was in AoC, and IMO it was more fun to play and watch on a high skill level.

Sounds pretty boring to me. What’s the point of playing objectives if its trivial to get past the defenders?

• The problem with Stoneshill is that the first objective is too hard, and the third objective is too easy.

So let’s give the Agatha team a closer spawn point.

And then on the third objective, let’s reduce it to 2 ballistas and increase number of shots required to kill a ship.

Nobody likes stonewalling nor do they like too easy objectives.