Anti-Draw Mechanic for LTS.

• After the timer runs out designate an area the furthest away from both teams where they need to capture it by standing on it for a set amount of time.

Make it a flag or something

This forces offensive action from both teams to break a standoff.

Secondly, I dunno if it works this way but the game should never draw if people have died.

• I disagree with the entire concept of objective-free elimination gamemodes. I think Chivalry could do LTS far better than most games do because of its focus on dynamic objectives - you aren’t confined to every map being “plant the bomb” or “stand near the flag” or whatever. Just take the current LTS maps, which are already mostly cut from objective maps, and turn them into one-objective round-based elimination maps.

An example of how this could work is the final objective on darkforest, which already has an LTS variant (one that favors turtling agathians enormously) - remove the group of royals closest to the defending spawn and make victory require only one group to be slain. Much more dynamic and interesting.

• The point of LTS is to be objective free. I’m offering a valid solution that would not damage the integrity of a game mode people like the way it is.

That said I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m impartial.

• Well, your solution is an objective in itself. It’d turn LTS into more of a one-spawn king of the hill. Which I think would be absolutely fine for some maps like Moor or Throne Room, but putting other stalemate-breakers in other maps would add more variety.

• I don’t know if you misunderstood but this would only happen in extreme circumstances where both teams have not done anything for an extended period of time. I just watched this happen in the stream with LG vs KILA.

• bumped this is still an issue that needs addressing.

• @MUSASHI:

I don’t know if you misunderstood but this would only happen in extreme circumstances where both teams have not done anything for an extended period of time. I just watched this happen in the stream with LG vs KILA.

When two good teams employ a towershield + archer strategy this is bound to happen in most cases, I think. The LG vs KILA match was also exacerbated by being on Moor which is probably the worst LTS map.

I’m pretty sure I understood your suggestion, but just to clarify, you’re talking about something like Arena in TF2 where the match instead of going to a draw goes into overtime and unlocks a capture point after the time limit has passed? I’m talking about the same thing, but with more creative objectives than just a mini-KOTH for every map.

• +1 for variety, but I’m really unsure of how I feel about the end of the round fake king of the hill shenanigans.

• Should just be the team with the least players left when time runs out loses. If there are only 1 on each side left, the one with the lowest hp % left loses.

• It does have its charmes :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5K8GKvHkI