Changing respawn time and map duration

• Greetings,

I’m running a dueling server and would love to extend the FFA round from 20 min to like 60 min or anything that’s longer.

I also want to update the 6 second respawn time to instant or as low as possible. Is there any way I can do that and how do I do so?

Thank you!
    Reginald

• Hello, I would like to change the map duration via admin command line as well.

Thanks!

Joel D.

• Anyone?

• Now that I finally know the answer, I can answer this for you. Glad you found this thread that was so long ago but never answered :(

Unfortunately, the respawn time is hard coded, thus there is no way to be able to make any changes to that.

As for the map duration - this can be found in the server config thread here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=9559 , but I posted the section to look for below.

[AOC.AOCGame] (for a full list of maps, see the Maplist section below)

;If true, RoundTimeOverride is used as the round time instead of the default (set in the individual gamemodes' sections to only affect one mode)
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=0

That’s the first section and then underneath it shows the different map modes you can change them to. This one above will affect all game modes, but the ones listed below that are individual modes.

For example: (this one is just for FFA game modes)

[AOC.AOCFFA]
    ;If true, RoundTimeOverride is used as the round time instead of the default
    bOverrideRoundTime=False
    RoundTimeOverride=0

• Thank you Kimiko.
    I really wish you could change the respawn time though. Oh well. Maybe when Chivalry 3 comes out.

• @blksith0:

Thank you Kimiko.
    I really wish you could change the respawn time though. Oh well. Maybe when Chivalry 3 comes out.

You’re welcome ^^

But you’re jumping the gun, let’s aim for Chiv 2 before 3 ;)

• Why is the respawn time hardcoded? WHY

• @dudeface:

Why is the respawn time hardcoded? WHY

Now THAT, I cannot tell you. It just is.

Take a deep breath. BREATHEEEEE!

• I can’t. I am having a hard time coping with this, honestly. I better call my doctor.