Lets end this, keep it civil, read everything, else shut up.

• So I guess you guys have forced me, however before I start I will say this, if we remain DQ’d I feel sorry for the future of competitive gaming when it comes to Chivalry, second as stated in the title, my purpose is to keep this civil, however if this thread is locked without a conclusion being met, I promise you will regret it, I don’t know how or when, but just because you have power to lock things doesn’t mean you should close this one, when it has the integrity of Chivalry competitiveness at stake.

Lets start.

So, who am I?

Just someone who got recently into PC gaming, used to just chill on consoles, but Chivalry caught my eye.

Tried out and unlocked every weapon as a first step, looked around, and felt archer would be the best in most situations, from there on, I only played archer.

Now if you played archer before, perhaps you got a taste of it, of being tk’d solely for being an archer, hell kicked off vantage points, hell even all the mockery on the forums of archers, not even counting the fact all the insults you get for being an archer ingame everyday.

And always being an archer, always get something everyday, hell if you actually aim good, first thought is you aimbot, but I suppose none of that matters eh?

You know first friend on steam was a person called Dragon with special lettering, through him I joined FK as Dweller is his friend.

Things were pretty good, after some tournament skirmishes showed Dweller a clip I captured during one of the skirmishes, though it was in poor quality as it was simply too big a file, and I didn’t have any good editing programs.

It was only for Dweller’s eyes, but he put on youtube, would of wanted better quality of it on youtube, but whatever I suppose.

After that 4 members of the clan accused me of aimbot because youtube put the balance filter on the video, even after the video had been reuploaded without the filter, 3, or rather 2 of them were still adamant of it.

Hell I even told Dweller I’d handle it, and tried my hardest despite a barrage of insults and accusations, even being treated like a piece of shit by one of the members to try to reason with him, so he would stay in the clan as I didn’t want to cause Dweller any stress from this situation, as he was already defending me.

In the end one of them I was able to actually use logic on, one of them was too unreasonable and only insulted me every time I tried to use logic on him, one of them never had time to talk to me, and one of them never responded back.

It was good though, in the end the last 3 called it off, hell even 2 of them were on my team for the tournament, one of them was even leader of said team.

I was still good with it though, didn’t think much of it, things were going well, that is until the patch came around.

After the patch my performance kept slipping, calculation after calculation for each arrow flight keep missing, as I am too attached to old arrows already.

Even after a heft amount of gameplay with said arrows, it just felt like my shots past a certain range are considered pot shots, and if they hit it was only because of luck.

It doesn’t make you feel better when you depend on luck like that, but it continued so and still does now, where if you gain any hits, it just makes you feel terrible because you had to depend on luck for it to hit.

Along with the steam sale, its just demoralizing to be insulted but they end up to be right now, because I can’t get my arrows to go where I need them to be, can’t even defend myself from TK, as I never practiced my melee as much as I did arrows.

Sometime after the patch one of the members brought up the aimbot thing enough, Dweller got ~X~ and Russian Mafia to defend me, yet even after that this person still did not let up, so instead Dweller had enough and supposedly let him go.

After that we had a skirmish against each other in practice for the 5v5 tournament, and just the whole thing was demoralizing, I had a good score, but knowing all my shots were missing did not give me the momentum i depended on before the patch to do better in melee and follow up shots.

Before I knew I could make the shot if I tried, now, I am at the mercy of luck.

I didn’t like this feeling, however recently I did friend Jest, tree, then from the aimbot thing being brought up X too now, they are good at their respective roles, thought I could join them in practice or such, and admit they did ask if I wanted to join their team, as they knew of my situation and thought it was a little wonky they would put me in the same team as the people who accused me of cheating, hell even one of them being leader.

Despite the truth, I declined as Dweller has done alot to defend me, owe him some to be so devoted to defending me, though none of the people who claimed aimbot had much ground to stand upon.

However X told me something of the team’s leader, that he would be setting the matches on the last day instead of now as he is currently on Planetside 2.

Eventually Dweller got word of it, and tried talking to him to get him to be more like a leader.

Now that I think of it, the 5v5 skirmished happened after Dweller got him to act a little more leader like, but position of scenes don’t matter much here.

Though after the skirmish, it was just painful to play, to be insulted of being an archer and not being able to prove them wrong yourself anymore, to keep missing every calculated shot thinking you have it, but you don’t.

I want to be better, not only that, but Im tired of this, I am tired of being the victim always.

I want a say, I don’t want archers to remain a joke and be harassed, hell even saw a forum calling for who is the best of the archer class “The best archer is a dead one” really Slygoat?

I am fed up with this, no more, I am victim no longer.

Originally after some thought, I wanted to join jack’s team to perhaps have a say worth weight as we know our weapons, we practice well, but X told me shortly after everyone hates their team.

I didn’t care, anything is better then being constantly harrassed as an archer, both ingame, and out of game through wanting to nerf them due to incompentant players.

But before I would do such a thing, I talked to Dweller first, explaining that I wanted to join jack’s team to be better, and I would still join them 10v10 because its not exclusively player vs player, and I would have some use there.

But Dweller due to all the aimbot issues has ran out of patience, and did not listen to anything I have to say after I said I was going to join jack’s team.

I knew with how Dweller was, this wasn’t going to work out, I could of left the clan there, but I didn’t want to put any pressure on Dweller, instead I wanted him to kick me himself, it would be easier.

When Dweller came on, he still didn’t listen to much of what I said, I already knew this would happen, but he put me in a position of power, as he wouldn’t kick me until I remove the tag.

I offered him an exchange, he listens to a story, and I will remove the tag, but he said he will not listen, and thats the last of the talk between us.

The story was something related to commitment, Dweller’s reason for not wanting me to join jack’s team was some bullshit that I made a commitment to his clan, but that is not what commitment is.

You don’t force people into commitment, you gain commitment from people by spending time with them, sticking it out with them, making tense situations easier, just alot of things that can cause commitment, but its not instant, it takes time.

I had already gained commitment to Dweller, but not any of his clan, that is why I wanted him to kick me, and defend him even after what he had said to me recently.

Even now, Dragon hates my guts too, even lost a friend in FK because he was probably fooled with this commitment to think what Dweller thinks.

Dragon thinks I joined jack’s team because in the first round it was us against them, and I took the easier win.

I tried equally hard to tell Dragon of the situation, but besides insults of being a fucker and such, he went afk and wasn’t able to contact him again to finish.

What actually happened, was I joined Jack’s team after Dweller would not listen to anything I said, then from there X told me the first match was against me old team, I didn’t know because our leader was too busy playing PlanetSide2.

Infact I even messaged him stating he would need to find a replacement to me, and all I got was a miss message for something about planetside 2 related to what side he was on, he didn’t acknowledge what I said at all.

I asked a friend of mine in the clan and the team what he knew, he told me he didn’t know anything until 2 hours before the match about who are enemy was and that I was on their team.

Hell until X, I didn’t even know what day, or time, let alone who the enemy team was, yet people assume I am in the wrong, because what, I am now affiliated with jackbaldy?

Hell only reason I didn’t remove tag for first match was because Dweller didn’t listen to my story, which happened to me once, a story of commitment, yet he would hear nothing from me, just because he ran out of patience because of other people that were in the wrong.

However after the match, I was then kicked from the clan finally, however Dweller said something to me, that forced me to retain the clan tag, yet keep it on the back of my name to prove a point.

I have showed my team mates, it but told them to not tell anyone, but it slipped slightly, I know Dweller, and I know this is just his anger speaking, however to be a leader, you have to always remain calm.

I wanted to teach him this lesson in time, but it seems its going to have to just hit him in the fact because of how some of you people act with your assumptions.

I still defend Dweller, and say it was just him having enough, like how I was done with being victimized for being an archer, and now for just being on jackbaldy’s team.

http://imgur.com/ZHgEo

Dweller did not care to listen to even my story, where as I would of just removed it and accepted the kick, so he then set me that, and I will keep my tag on to prove such things will not work, however that has changed now due to you people, so I can now remove it in regards to its original purpose, now that image is exposed.

If anyone thinks to talk badly of Dweller fuck you, it all started because people are hard headed to assume, like with aimbot where it ran his patience dry so he couldn’t listen to what I wanted to say to him.

Dweller will make a great leader with how hard he tries to make things right, however he will need to learn how to keep calm, and listen to everything, in due time.

Now that, that has been said I will now retain the clan tag, until the people who run the tournament learn their lesson and revoke their DQ.

You guys started the war, I will finish it.

Only because even after being told the tag was on the end of my name, you still have the nerve to DQ us, when position of any tag plays crucial to being related to a clan.

And even if I was still classified as being in the clan, I join the tournament with a group of friends, not a clan, this is not a clan tournament, it is just a tournament.

Name do not matter in the least, infact it was just beyond my control when I joined the tournament with the Tag because I could not get Dweller to listen to me, and his reaction afterwards was enough to keep this tag to teach him a lesson.

However the lesson for the people who makes these tournaments is that you did not state in the rules beforehand that names matter, I am not joining as FK, I am joining with a group of friends.

You come out of no where with this new rule, and threaten to DQ us if we don’t, how do you expect us to react to such an outlandish request.

Especially when its us vs you, I explained my situation, it was out of my will as I knew nothing so people can no longer assume I took the easy option, however for you.

You know we are to go against each other, and this rule that wasn’t even in before the tournament started just makes it seem you guys are taking the easy way, you are bringing shame to your own, and perhaps future tournaments.

You know though, you guys as a community really need work, perhaps if archers weren’t mocked on forums aswell, maybe I wouldn’t be forced to do things I do just to not be a fucking victim by just being an archer.

What ever choice you guys do make, I accept the fact that jack’s team is hated, and I don’t care if no one is on our side, ill stick with them against everyone if this is how you choose to act towards just everything that has happened.

• Wonderful! First 2 posts, is one poster being sarcastic then OP cussing him out. We do not need this on our forum! Clean your act up or take your personal vendetta elsewhere. Darkage gaming does have a site you know. Feel free to go there if you want to continue in this manner.

• @ChuckingIt:

Wonderful! First 2 posts, is one poster being sarcastic then OP cussing him out. We do not need this on our forum! Clean your act up or take your personal vendetta elsewhere. Darkage gaming does have a forum you know. Feel free to go there if you want to continue in this manner.

So it was you!

You have my thanks for removing his post and mine, as I am not in a mode to deal with those type of people who post only to complain how long it is, but thank you very much.

• After getting 3/4 the way through your needlessly drama-riddled post, I concluded that what you were trying to say in your few-thousand word essay is that archers aren’t liked very much and decided to skip the rest. But the archer hate is not unfounded. This game is heavily focused on swordplay with some amazing mechanics, but archers want to just sit back and aim a reticule at someone from afar. It’s really quite baffling as to why people even want to play archer when such great melee fighting implemented. It is also infuriating to be interrupted in the middle of an attack whilst fighting someone, or being picked off after a glorious victory over a skilled opponent. Most of the time archers are just an annoyance, but a good archer has the capability to end fights before they even begin, which is why most people hate archers. It’s just not very fair nor fun to be killed from range repeatedly without the chance to even fight back. One argument might be to reply with “just use a shield”, but if you’re an MaA, chances are you’re going to get your feet pelted or they’ll get a shot off into the top of your head. Even as a knight I’ve had my feet shot using a tower shield. I don’t like how my class selection is dictated by whether or not the enemy team has archers or not either. So really, stop acting like a helpless “victim” because people don’t like you. They hate you for a reason.

• I liked this part…

http://i.imgur.com/ZHgEo.png

What a great alpha tester.

• Learning to express yourself in fewer words is an appreciated and effective skill.

• @Caustic:

After getting 3/4 the way through your needlessly drama-riddled post, I concluded that what you were trying to say in your few-thousand word essay is that archers aren’t liked very much and decided to skip the rest. But the archer hate is not unfounded. This game is heavily focused on swordplay with some amazing mechanics, but archers want to just sit back and aim a reticule at someone from afar. It’s really quite baffling as to why people even want to play archer when such great melee fighting implemented. It is also infuriating to be interrupted in the middle of an attack whilst fighting someone, or being picked off after a glorious victory over a skilled opponent. Most of the time archers are just an annoyance, but a good archer has the capability to end fights before they even begin, which is why most people hate archers. It’s just not very fair nor fun to be killed from range repeatedly without the chance to even fight back. One argument might be to reply with “just use a shield”, but if you’re an MaA, chances are you’re going to get your feet pelted or they’ll get a shot off into the top of your head. Even as a knight I’ve had my feet shot using a tower shield. I don’t like how my class selection is dictated by whether or not the enemy team has archers or not either. So really, stop acting like a helpless “victim” because people don’t like you. They hate you for a reason.

Ah so if the skilled enemy was an MAA instead, and you were a knight, you wouldn’t be bothered that you may have to switch to have a chance, but with an archer you do?

You probably don’t have a problem with being 3v1 either, but ohh, an archer, what a bitch eh?

I picked an archer so I can win 3v1s easily if i position myself right, aswell I do know how to melee as an archer, and its more intense then you could imagine, with only being limited to as little as 1 mistake, where the enemy may have to make up to 5 mistakes or more if you don’t force yourself to them to prevent them from healing.

Aswell your last statement is inane, if you don’t think archer’s are victims you are inane, not on any other class have I been tk’d specifically because I am an archer, or kicked off vantage points, even insulted solely for being an archer.

Also here is a tip, don’t just stand around, and always be aware of your surroundings, maybe next time you won’t try to be so high and mighty after beating someone in a 1v1 to not think someone may be watching you.

If you don’t want to change your class because of archers, then you are someone who can’t learn to adapt, like how I learned to adapt to many situations based on enemy team set up with archer.

A last thing, fuck you if you think this shit is “drama” it is not drama, it is legit issues, that started with me being an Archer and coming from people who always assume and don’t seem too fond of logic.

And if you look at the forums, can you really say we are not the victims with how people talk of us? Just because they can not adapt.

• Holy drama, Batman!

• personaly , a game is suppose to be fun … you seem to take this way too seriously … why dont you just block them and ignore them? …

to the archers haters : archers imo are a key role in any TO match( in defence) , it would be near imposible to defend the king without 2-3 good archers, or in battlefield, the part of the bomb cart would be too easy without archers pinning agatha down … well i think TBS should add a server option to limit the number of archers per team ( not impliment this in the game in general but only as a server option )

the only thing i hate is having 4-5 archers on my team on offence …but in defence 2-3 good archers are essential

• @sharkh20:

Holy drama, Batman!

@batman666:

personaly , a game is suppose to be fun … you seem to take this way too seriously … why dont you just block them and ignore them? …

to the archers haters : archers imo are a key role in any TO match( in defence) , it would be near imposible to defend the king without 2-3 good archers, or in battlefield, the part of the bomb cart would be too easy without archers pinning agatha down … well i think TBS should add a server option to limit the number of archers per team ( not impliment this in the game in general but only as a server option )

the only thing i hate is having 4-5 archers on my team on offence …but in defence 2-3 good archers are essential

Man that was cool.

• @batman666:

personaly , a game is suppose to be fun … you seem to take this way too seriously … why dont you just block them and ignore them? …

Ok lets say I do ignore the insults, I will still be tk’d and kicked off vantage points, hell even if I ignored insults and such, the aimbot accusations would of still went through.

I admit it wasn’t even fun playing the game anymore at a point, as they patch drastically changed archers, and their insults got to me, but I will change that.

But its still no excuse to make archers the joke class on the forums nowadays, with all the nerfs, and jokes at the expense of archers.

• @sharkh20:

Holy drama, Batman!

lol great timing

• People really are afraid of this…

http://www.twitch.tv/malekous/b/344575332

• This forum isn’t the place to take your personal disputes. You’re welcome to use the forum’s PM system if you want to address any of the members of this community personally, as long as you keep it respectful, but hanging dirty laundry out in public like this does nobody any good.

In regards to the other points you’ve made on a less personal level: What you perceive to be a badly organized tournament or an unjust disqualification should have no reflection on the competitive community of Chivalry as a whole. It’s a dispute between a handful of individuals which sounds like it could’ve been handled better by all parties, and to say it threatens the integrity of Chivalry as a competitive game - to me that just sounds like someone holding a grudge.

There are already plentiful threads about archers and why opinions on them are so polarized. Archer is my second most used class behind Man-at-Arms, though I do run the shortbow and play a skirmisher role most of the time. I consider myself unbiased on the matter - it’s a little amusing to me that you took my “The best archer is a dead one” joke seriously. That said, there is a certain lack of counterplay in dealing with archers which leads to this attitude about them, something I think could be addressed much better from a design standpoint. While it’s unacceptable for people to be inflammatory or trollish towards anyone based solely on their choice of class, rambling posts like this don’t change that kind of attitude.

This entire thread to me seems like it has no business being here. The previous thread about the disqualification was already locked down because of how negative it became, and I see this going in the exact same direction - not to mention it’s something that should’ve been posted on the Darkage Gaming website in the first place, as other than the archer thing, most of this doesn’t pertain directly to the game itself, and is merely a personal dispute over how you were treated by your previous clan, and how a tournament was managed. But on the off chance the thread doesn’t break down into a flame war, I will leave it open for now. Just know it will be closely monitored, because quite frankly comments like

@Zeroace:

A last thing, fuck you if you think this shit is “drama”

are just doing a disservice to yourself and any point you’re trying to make. Also a bit ironic as the title of the thread says “Keep it civil”.

• I vote for less talk and more settling of whatever disputes exist with a sharpened instrument of justice.

“Don’t quote laws to me, we carry swords.” - Pompey the Great

• @SlyGoat:

@Zeroace:

A last thing, fuck you if you think this shit is “drama”

are just doing a disservice to yourself and any point you’re trying to make. Also a bit ironic as the title of the thread says “Keep it civil”.

Well excuse me for keeping it real, but generally when someone calls something “Drama” it means they think nothing less of it then some bullshit, which would of been fine if the whole point of this thread’s purpose wasn’t to prove to people Im not a piece of shit traitor as they keep stating/assuming.

As for the state of the tournament, this is chivalry’s first tournament, if you want it to start off as this shameful display instead of something that should of been great that started off chivalry’s competitiveness, fuck it keep it.

Anyway I am done, I still gotta finish downloading my Skyrim mods, at like 60 or something so far, but there are around a dozen dozens of mods left.

Can lock it if you want,nothing left here.

• Before you go, I just need to tell you to get some thicker skin. This isn’t gradeschool anymore, namecalling is allowed in real life, and especially on the internet. Shit talking exists in every game. Pick antimage in dota 2, you’re going to be called a faggot. Make a hammerdin in Diablo 2, you’re going to be called a faggot. Pick archer in Chivalry, you’re going to be called a faggot. Quit whining and play the damn game. Despite my diatribe against archers, I still believe they’re in a good spot and don’t need any tweaking to their balance, simply because they are very hard to master.

• @Zeroace:

@batman666:

Ok lets say I do ignore the insults, I will still be tk’d and kicked off vantage points, hell even if I ignored insults and such, the aimbot accusations would of still went through.

I admit it wasn’t even fun playing the game anymore at a point, as they patch drastically changed archers, and their insults got to me, but I will change that.

But its still no excuse to make archers the joke class on the forums nowadays, with all the nerfs, and jokes at the expense of archers.

well ,for some reason , after the patch im a little better as an archer, i like it better since they increase the velocity ( well, little is a big word in my case , i really suck as archer …) and for the kicking off vantage point , there will allways have trolls learking around , i got kicked off the clif on the trebuchet part by alies more times than i can count and i play maa …

again , archer is a key class in any TO match ( specialy on defence ), and this is a fact not a personal opinion …i dont want to be rude but , nobody force you to read the forums or click on archers threads … you have paid good money for this game as everyone else , dont let details like this ruin your fun

• As the OP is finished with whatever he set out to do here, this thread will now be closed. Though as a last note I would like to correct Zeroace’s assertion that this is Chivalry’s first tournament; I believe the first team based tournament was MedievalTV’s 5v5 TO tournament, and there were a few attempts at duel tournaments in the past.