Javelins are garbage bags

• Javelins used to be mid range, they used to make sense, they used to play well. Now if you wanna throw a javelin, you better be far range, 'cause they’ll kill you while you’re stunned FOREVER, reloading some crappy spear. Look out guys, we got a yavelin sniper over here!

You dare throw your spear near an enemy? Guess what, they take forever to even LIFT ABOVE YOUR DAMN HEAD. You’d think, oh, reload time WOULD be slow, because you’re getting them somewhere off your back. Sure, I couldn’t give a rat’s labia, but you gotta cut the fat out somewhere, 'cause at the moment, you lift one heavy 50kg javelin over your head for 3 seconds, throw it, and fumble for your next one for 3 seconds while refusing even to raise your shield an inch. Guess what, that’s 8 seconds of stun, right there. Oh, want to cancel your javelin throw? NOPE, thing wieghs like 60kg, as if you could just put it down without waiting 3 seconds first. That’s up to 11 seconds stun so far, to throw/cancel throw of a STICK.

Oh right, gotta have a suggestion in this forum… how about, time to raise a javelin above your head reduced dramatically, reload staying the same, but the ability to block, crouch, jump or kick while reloading, maybe those actions delays your reloading. Or, I don’t know, keeping it how it was, just making sure the animations didn’t break like before or something. Pretty much anything that smooths the gameplay whatsoever, 'cause at the moment, flying a mosquito is easier.

tl;dr: I’m mad, 'cause they weren’t broken last patch as far as personal gameplay was concerned, and I liked it due to skill cap and smoothness; I threw a suggestion in there.

• I do believe the developers are aware the Javelins are in a poor spot, so you don’t need to worry too much. Don’t take my word for it, though.

Wind-up and reload animations are the weakest, clunkiest parts of javelins currently. This was only slightly addressed last patch, but that’s a good sign the devs are working on it, even if it was too little a change.

• They better be working on it, I didnt pay for this one, to be shittier than the free one…

• Thanks for not hating. Just gotta vent, loved jav’s. Here’s hoping for the future.

• @DeminRamst:

I couldn’t give a rat’s labia

well i certainly hope not

• Javelins are absolutely amazing in my opinion, and I would recommend experimenting with them a little more :P. With a heavy javelin you can oneshot man at arms with a bodyshot, and you bodyshot a vanguard and finish with a kick. You don’t need to be far range, just perhaps 15 feet away or so. The backstab bonus along with the fair range of the stab, AND the ability to oneshot classes or secure kills makes playing with the javelin a dream as frontline support.

• @Derpasaur:

Javelins are absolutely amazing in my opinion, and I would recommend experimenting with them a little more :P. With a heavy javelin you can oneshot man at arms with a bodyshot, and you bodyshot a vanguard and finish with a kick. You don’t need to be far range, just perhaps 15 feet away or so. The backstab bonus along with the fair range of the stab, AND the ability to oneshot classes or secure kills makes playing with the javelin a dream as frontline support.

Javelins can be quite exceptional. The problem with them is they take too much effort to reach their potential, coupled with the fact their potential isn’t terribly great, despite this.

I have had the best success using javelin throwing as my primary mode, which involves a lot of running back and forth between the front and ammo points. Getting out as many javelins as possible as fast as possible has led to a certain playstyle I found quite effective.

However, in a competitive mindset, it’s something a bow could do better.

• I approve this threat title and demand remedy!

• Well you are right the way it is it cannot stay.

ALOT FASTER reloading speed. but no possibility to block i mean you cannot swing a sword and block with shield either so… thats not cewl-

But the developers wanted that NOBODY does shotgunning specially not guys with pointy sticks that deal too much dmg in melee combat. (2 hits on vanguard [second heaviest class ingame dies of 2 hits of “weakest” class ingame blb])

they are really easy to overcome but still that dmg output sometimes is just shit. with most weapons.