A little help with connecting to servers…

• Hey guys, just to make things a little easier for some, I’ve added some support for providing links for people to click on which will automatically start Chivalry and connect to a server of your choice without needing the open the console. If the steam servers go down, or you want to provide a direct link to your server in your signature, and you can now include in your posts or signatures:

[server]85.114.137.132:16696[/server]

This will provide a button which says “Connect to server!” and connects the player to the specified server in Chivalry. If the server isn’t explicitly running Chivalry, or if the server is completely unreachable, the button will launch Chivalry but leave you at the main menu. As long as the server is running, it will automatically join that server after a second or so after the game loads to the main menu - no more finding it in the browser!

To give a description to each link, I recommend including this, as an example:

RK TO server: [server]85.114.137.132:16696[/server]

To show as:

RK TO server: [server:2xj1b4ax]85.114.137.132:16696[/server:2xj1b4ax]

• not working, but i suspect thats because chiv cant seem to load servers atm…

• I can’t get it to work either, it just opens steam.

• Works perfectly for me. Thanks Martin!!! Heart! 8-)

• Excellent Martin! I updated my signature for this :)

• Does anyone know why when I click any of the links it just opens steam and nothing happens?
    I am using firefox, help a noob out.

• @Lord:

Does anyone know why when I click any of the links it just opens steam and nothing happens?
    I am using firefox, help a noob out.

Hmm not sure. Have you tried in another browser? Did you try clicking the links in my signature?

I use Chrome and just tested it and it brought up the game, then the menu screen and after a pause, loaded up the server I clicked on.

• That’s how we connected our clan website with our servers :D
    I like how you always find some usefull technical stuff and point it out for everyone! Ty

Tho, you can’t connect to passworded servers with this method (and via steam).

• @Escadin:

Yeah, I hope that can be fixed so that you can still use the links and then when it pops up, it brings up the password box and not some error… Maybe someday!

• @Kimiko:

@Escadin:

Yeah, I hope that can be fixed so that you can still use the links and then when it pops up, it brings up the password box and not some error… Maybe someday!

Looking into it.

• @ReMixx:

Looking into it.

Smarty pants. :P